• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Not Your Everyday Cigar Pass

Bastid! :p Nice plays!

Out of curiousity, is that Opus the Opus Shark? It looks like the end squares off.

Wow - I guess we won't be doing a 'backwards pass' when this gets to the last in line! Whew!!!

Great stuff!

The first post has been updated to reflect the new inventory.

hrm. I just looked at the Avo 22 that's in the pass. It's not an Avo 22, but rather one of the "reproductions" -- nowhere near as good of a cigar, but I'll take it anyway.

In any event, I have it all boxed up, and will be dropping it off at the PO shortly. I'm using the included DC# 0103 8555 7497 5070 4156

hrm. I just looked at the Avo 22 that's in the pass. It's not an Avo 22, but rather one of the "reproductions" -- nowhere near as good of a cigar, but I'll take it anyway.

In any event, I have it all boxed up, and will be dropping it off at the PO shortly. I'm using the included DC# 0103 8555 7497 5070 4156
Well of corse it's not... it's a regular release my good fellow! :p

That's really strange since the 22 I put in the pass was from The Outlaw in KC. Are there personal stash Avo cigars that have made it to other stores instead of Corona?

That's really strange since the 22 I put in the pass was from The Outlaw in KC. Are there personal stash Avo cigars that have made it to other stores instead of Corona?

I wasn't aware of the difference either, however:

vitolas.net said:
People who have smoked both have stated that the original Avo 22 tastes different from the "personal stash" Avo 22. Avo Uvezian has made these "personal stash" cigars available via the Corona Cigar Company, an establishment that he frequents, as well gifts he has handed out. They have also been made available in cellophane-wrapped bundles to a few stores that have hosted Avo events.

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?pos=-709

Well, regardless of how I got it, if Moki says it's not an original release 22 than it's not, and I'll do what I can to make it right. My apologies to all for unknowingly putting a post-production personal stash 22 into the pass. I honestly thought it was an original production cigar, and I would never have purposefully tried to pass it off as something that it was not.

Well, regardless of how I got it, if Moki says it's not an original release 22 than it's not, and I'll do what I can to make it right. My apologies to all for unknowingly putting a post-production personal stash 22 into the pass. I honestly thought it was an original production cigar, and I would never have purposefully tried to pass it off as something that it was not.

Yeah no biggy, just pointing it out as an FYI. Two things make it easy to know:

-- It comes in cello (the originals did not)
-- The wrapper (it's very different, if you look at an original Avo 22 side by side)

They aren't bad smokes, and they were blended to be in theory like the original Avo 22s, but they are not the same thing, and don't taste the same.

Anyway, the pass is on its way to Matt R!!! Dropped it off at the PO a bit ago. Thanks for having me, Gonz.

unreleased!.... unreleased!.... fuggin show off! :cool:

heh -- I've found being explicit makes it less likely someone will step on their dick and take something that they aren't aware of the rarity of. Especially with the mooks that are still left in the lineup, we gotta be careful. :)

careful you... Home Depot's having a sale on Great Stuff spray foam!

:laugh:

Habanos Shwabanos.... you put a Carlo Senior robusto in there and that baby is MINE!!! BWAHAHAHA!!!

OK I learned that we did receive some of these "reproductions"
These were not sold to anyone with the intent of deception.

If anyone has questions or problems with this please PM me and I will explain.

OK I learned that we did receive some of these "reproductions"
These were not sold to anyone with the intent of deception.

If anyone has questions or problems with this please PM me and I will explain.

I'm happy with the ones I've gotten from you guys -- Outlaw is a great outfit, I don't believe any deception was evident, or intended. I was just pointing it out as an FYI for folks, because it is a confusing situation.

Reading this pass thread has been one heck of an education.

Hats off to you guys! Keep it up, this newbie is learning a lot from this.

Picked up the box just a few minutes ago. Everything looks A-OK. I will do puts and takes tonight and get it back out on it's way. Lots of nice cigars in there. It's going to be hard to decide what to pillage and plunder. :)

The boxes were getting a bit stuffed, so I transfered the cigars into a larger tupperware and re-packed the box. Everything was in order as far as the numbers and the humidifiers. Here are my puts/takes awaiting approval.

Takes:
#22 Cohiba Sublime
#29 Cohiba Siglo VI tubo
#50 RyJ Churchill
#57 Don Carlos Senior blend robusto

Puts:
#60 Cuaba Diademas
#61 Fuente Between the Lines original release size ('97 or '98)
#62 H. Upmann Monarch 2004
#63 G. DE Graaff piramide
#64 Sancho Panza Sancho 1997

#63 is a "pre-release" sample from the Graaff shop in the Netherlands. These are Costa Rican rolled, Dominican leaf cigars made for their house brand. Pretty tasty actually.

If this meets approval, I'll get it back on the road tomorrow.