• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OFFICAL ELECTION DISCUSSION

other1 said:
bigmac said:
I dont respect Skerry and I never will, has ZERO to do with my size. ;)
Very mature. Do you think your posts are less obnoxious because you end them all with a smiley?
I am mature enough to not throw personal insults at you, maybe you just cant help yourself. :D

Us guys? Ok.. I'll get on the phone with hq. :lookup:

Do you really think the voice of 55 million people should be ignored?

Isn't it amazing. We, as a group, are engaged in a friendly conversation regarding the election, no bad vibes at all. But ONE person steps up with Debate written all over his forehead, and disrespect and contempt in his belly. Now we suddenly have a name calling negative debate, all over again. :lookup: :angry:

PuroBrat said:
AVB said:
Nixon won by 18 million in 1972, what does that say? ???
Like I said, we, as a society whole, are not collectively all that smart.

Some days I feel intelectually superior, but those days are few, and far between.
Yeah,

Here in California a proposition was passed to tax only those that make over $1,000,000 for more mental health care. Why is it that people feel the need to punish those that are successful? Instead of........say........making the state government more accountable as to how they spend the taxes aleady collected.

A mentality I will never understand.

M. Gipson

bigmac said:
other1 said:
bigmac said:
I dont respect Skerry and I never will, has ZERO to do with my size. ;)
Very mature. Do you think your posts are less obnoxious because you end them all with a smiley?
I am mature enough to not throw personal insults at you, maybe you just can help yourself. :D
Not a personal insult, I'm sure under different citcumstances you are a very nice guy. However, most of your posts about politics are very obnoxious and condescending, that my friend is a simple observation.

bigmac said:
People who dont vote dont count now do they, statistically or otherwise.Statistically speaking Bush won a mandate and you cant prove otherwise, just accept it. ;) :0 :sign:
You continue to prove you don't know the meaning of the word "mandate" or how the field of statistics works.

The Democratic source said Bush called Kerry a worthy, tough and honorable opponent. Kerry told Bush the country was too divided, the source said, and Bush agreed. "We really have to do something about it," Kerry said according to the Democratic official.

I only hope they both really mean it.

PuroBrat said:
Isn't it amazing. We, as a group, are engaged in a friendly conversation regarding the election, no bad vibes at all. But ONE person steps up with Debate written all over his forehead, and disrespect and contempt in his belly. Now we suddenly have a name calling negative debate, all over again. :lookup: :angry:
I agree PB.

In light of this asshole smelling this place up...................I'm OUT.

M. Gipson

What a race! I think everyone ought to be thrilled with the record number of participants. I knew a couple of people who never cared about politics before this election, register and vote. I do think Bush has one heck of a mandate-he did win fair and square, he also has a republican house and senate to support him. He now has the next four years to impelment his policies and we'll see if Americans are happy with what he will complete in '08. I'm going to love the supreme court nomination battles coming up, as well as to see what will happen in Fallujah.

Kudos to Rod for opening this. Thanks for tossing us political junkies a bone, you're a good man!. :thumbs:

PuroBrat said:
I hope you don't mean me. If you do, I am sorry.

On the other hand, I think Rod created this thread specifically to contain what he knew would be an ugly debate, not for a feel good post election party. ;)

NO Jason, I was certainly NOT talking about you. You can at least be adult enough to use a guys real name :lookup:

Even if you are a Dem :p

PuroBrat said:
NO Jason, I was certainly NOT talking about you. You can at least be adult enough to use a guys real name :lookup:

I'm right handed. Does that help? ??? :p

other1 said:
PuroBrat said:

I'm right handed. Does that help? ??? :p
Nope, it is a well known fact that Only Left Handers are in their Right Mind :D

BTW, I am also Right Handed ???

You forgot baby killing almost neocon (if you were more con) SOB. Come sit by me. LOL!!

It's just amazing to me that ANYONE would consider a citizen of the United States who did not vote, not acknowledgable. This is a government founded for the people, by the people. Those people include each and every individual citizen of this country. Men, women and children are to be represented by the government we support with our tax dollars. To say that a person does not matter if they didn't vote is very un-American. You may live in a small cocoon with no one but people just like you, but amazingly this country has different people, with different opinions. I am quite aware that WE elect these people to govern us, but as an American we should be thinking about ALL the people in this great country and not just those like us. Unfortunately I think that our culture has become a divided one, that I fear will never come together in any of our lifetimes. Those who do vote base their vote on a ME attitude and I'll admit that locally, I have been guilty of this at times. The entire world watches what we do here, whether you want to believe in a global test or not. This country is the greatest country in history and can only continue that trend if we work together. A government that works only for half of it's citizens, is far from a democracy.

AVB said:
You forgot baby killing almost neocon (if you were more con) SOB. Come sit by me. LOL!!
OK, I am gonna need cliff's notes for this one. Can you help a Thick Headed Fool out with an interpretation ???

Matt R said:
It's just amazing to me that ANYONE would consider a citizen of the United States who did not vote, not acknowledgable. This is a government founded for the people, by the people. Those people include each and every individual citizen of this country. Men, women and children are to be represented by the government we support with our tax dollars. To say that a person does not matter if they didn't vote is very un-American. You may live in a small cocoon with no one but people just like you, but amazingly this country has different people, with different opinions. I am quite aware that WE elect these people to govern us, but as an American we should be thinking about ALL the people in this great country and not just those like us. Unfortunately I think that our culture has become a divided one, that I fear will never come together in any of our lifetimes. Those who do vote base their vote on a ME attitude and I'll admit that locally, I have been guilty of this at times. The entire world watches what we do here, whether you want to believe in a global test or not. This country is the greatest country in history and can only continue that trend if we work together. A government that works only for half of it's citizens, is far from a democracy.
Never said that or meant that, i meant if they dont vote they dont count STATISTICALLY.And they dont, if they dont vote they give up their voice in the political debate, that is a fact.That is what I meant, you guys are just a little too sensitive and just trying to pile on because you dont agreee with MY point of view.You guys are the ones getting personal not me, just remember that.

PuroBrat said:
AVB said:
OK, I am gonna need cliff's notes for this one. Can you help a Thick Headed Fool out with an interpretation ???
It was for Other1 and I'm sure he knows what it refers too. Some posts got in the middle between his post and mine that confused things a bit.