• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1950s Habanos Catalog

Thanks! Very cool! I have a few of the Cabanas Coronas from that time period.
2008WinterHerf037.jpg

2008WinterHerf036.jpg

2008WinterHerf035.jpg

Anyone else notice how funky those Brevas all look?

I've gotten the impression, from old cigar books like Davidoff's "Connoisseur's Book of the Cigar", packaging, and taste, that Brevas and Cazadores, back then, were the kind of cheaper, rougher smokes you took with you for the golf course, fishing, hunting, etc. In his book, Davidoff even recommends those sizes for those purposes (and "Cazador" does mean "hunter" in Spanish).

All the cigar sizes have been standardized today in Cuba, but notice how sizes like RyJ Cazadores and Los Statos and Quintero Brevas still come in foil-wrapped bundles, unlike any other sizes in their respective brands.

I'm not too savy on copyright laws, but how (if any) long would the copyright last on some of those old catalogs? I know that people have a lot of the old publications in their possession, I'm wondering if it would be plausible to compile it in a .pdf compilation? Would there be any infringement?

I'm not a lawyer but I believe as long as you aren;';t reselling without permission and you are not taking the credit for the publication you are fine.