• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1970 RyJ Petite Corona (woah)

modo22

On Sunday, I sat and watched football and quickly started to realize that Bill @CigSid was going to ruin my day! Well, I figured I would at least smoke something he gifted me a year or so ago so that I would not be too upset with him. ;);):p

So, 50 year old cigar!! I wish I had an inventory like this so I could say things like, "could use some more time" and sound cool, but I don't and this was an amazing opportunity! I can't put into words how thankful I am! (for the cigar that is)

Prelight - cedar and strong old leather. Easy draw, not too easy, but just right.
1970 -1.jpg
1st 1/2 - I kept getting a consistent profile that I can only explain as deep or old earth. Not sweet or creamy at all. Retro hale is where its at! That's where I get alot of coffee and chocolate almonds.
Right at the 1/2 way point the draw gets very tight. Not sure how that happens.
1970 -2.jpg

1970 -3.jpg
Continuing past the 1/2 way point I still am only getting the same earthy, old tobacco notes. Draw is still slightly tight.

As I approach the final third I decide to purge the cigar, as Bill taught all of us on a Virtual Herf tasting, and that did the trick! This opened right up.
AND let me tell you, the last 1/3 of this cigar is amazing! This is where it was all at and well worth the time to go slow and enjoy.
IMG_2536.jpg
Last 1/3 - Boom; perfect draw and full of a more sweet earthy profile. I even get a draw every now and then with some sweet cream come through and even a little amount of white pepper, but it stay pretty consistent just slightly sweeter.
As I nub it down I reflect on how perfect the construction and burn was / is still performing.
1970 -4.jpg

Wonderful smoke, thank you Bill! I can't say thank you enough, this review was long over due so I apologize about that! Took my mind of the world for a little while, including a bludgeoning I took in our ESPN league ;)