• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2001 - A Cigar Odyssey Pass  

LOL, i hear ya steve. but we had an earthquake a couple weeks ago, couple days before the one that hit india. <you know how one sets off a chain reaction> well, the odyssey has begun, well sortof, art and i are meeting at lunch today, if all goes well. would have been yesterday, but i had unexpected company sunday and had to get the paperwork together. all set art? i'm ready.

well art, sorry we couldn't meet this time <again>, but the box was delivered safely to your desk. funny thing happened, the woman who took the box asked if i was your brother. i said no, why? she said because i look like you. :)

I don't know, this box may not be big enough :eek:and I guess now I'll have to send Rod a photo of myself.I'll try to haul the box to the PO this afternoon and get it on its way. Later....

yeah, my other half picked up the tupperware and got one on the large side. that was the only box i had that it fit into, and barely at that. you can take your time with your selections, no rush.

East Coast box heading for PA, #03001290000172334137Took: RyJ Bully, AF Spanish Lonsdale, Indian Robusto, HdM Prensado.
Put: ERDM Rectangulares, Cuba Aliados Pyramide #2, Aristoff Robusto, Padron Executive, Fighting Cock Rooster Arturo and (packed outside the cigar box) a little bottle of 100% Propylene Glycol for anyone who needs some. I wanted to put in more (I have a gallon under my desk) put couldn't find any more bottles.Speaking of which, if anyone is going to order one of those little bottles of "humidifier solution" from a cigar dealer, DON'T. Send me a cigar or 2 and I'll gladly send you some.

thank you, art, i appreciate it. were you able to close that box ok? it's a little tight huh? do you like using the ppg and are you satisfied with how it works? to date i've only used distilled exclusively, except in the humi-tubes. some of those sticks you selected have a little age to them, the spanish lonsdale is from may 2000, and the indian tabac & ryj bully both from last september. the hdm is from november. well, both boxes are moving at an even keel. off to a good start!

It's a tight squeeze; it's ok for now but we may need a new box before it comes back around. Maybe someone on the left coast can rebox it if necessary.PG works great for me. I charge my humidifiers with a 50/50 solution and use distilled water to top them off when necessary. Both of my desktop humidors and my custom made 5gallonbucketdors keep a solid 70%. And, more importantly, I like how the cigars smoke when I take them out :cool:

maybe i'll try using that in one of my humidors and see how it compares. i usually throw those humi-tubes into the humidors as well when i get them to help augment the humidification units. btw, i stopped at john david tobacconist over at menlo after dropping the box off at your office. they're having some sort of cigar tasting on march 23rd, in case you're interested. ok, chris holcombe is next for the east coaster. he hasn't been to cigarpass since the changeover, but i have been in communication with him. told me he had a baby boy born about 3 weeks ago.

West coast box arrived late this afternoon. I wasn't expecting anything because of no mail delivery and this thing show up from UPS. Lots of good sticks to choose from. I'll try and have this out tomorrow and post puts and takes with Conf. #.

Your item was processed at the PHILADELPHIA PA 19919 distribution center at 12:36 am on February 18 while enroute to its delivery destination. Seems to be stuck here. Does anyone have contact with Chris!

not meaning to an ass or anything just wanted to make sure he knew...I know I would prefer to be notified...Thanks DJM

The eagle has landed! Package arrived 2/22/01 in good condition. Thanks to DJM for the heads up, I've been busy with a new baby boy :) so I haven't been on the net much lately.
Takes:
Padron Executive
Perdomo Estate Seleccion Monstro
Pinar Serie-B Pre-Embargo rothchild
CAO Anni Robusto maduroPuts:
Esperanza Toro
Flor de Copan Torbusto
Romeo y Julieta #3 Habana
El Rico Habana Habana Club
Punch PunchI'll send the box out tomorrow and post the tracking number. Enjoy the Pass!!

thanks, chris! enjoy! so the east coast box is about to move from pa. to west virginia while the west coast box gets to see a little more of washington state. doing great.

The box was finally shipped out yesterday to Deb is Eastern Washington. Conf. # 0300 6000 0000 9186 3262.
Takes:
La Flor Dominica Torp
Astral Torfecto
Indian Tabac Toro
Montesino TorpPuts:
Montecristo Xanadu
Por Larranaga Torp
Bahia Vintage 1999 Corona
Fonseca Corona
Aristoff MOTU Cameroon
Aristoff Black Robusto Mad.Great pass with lots and lots of cigars. Thanks for including me.Don

East Coast box is on its way to West Virginia via Priority Mail. Tracking number: 03102990000652979008

Don and Steve,
Thanks for helping me get the box straightened out. The western leg of this pass is flying again!