• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2005 Jetta...

mhortsch

Where am I?
Just might have to buy one. Have been contemplating between a 2003 Infiniti G35 and a 2004 Passat...but these look smoothe.

That reminds me of a billboard I saw in Atlanta

"Getta Jetta"

I thought it was funny!

If I were to buy a new car it'd be either an Acura TL or the 350Z.

Rod said:
If I were to buy a new car it'd be either an Acura TL or the 350Z.
[snapback]169741[/snapback]​

Man I am loving the way ALL the new Acura's are looking! From the TSX to the TL to the RL :love:

I'd definitely choose a G35 over a Jetta. But that's just me. :p

Robbmt said:
Infinity G35 ---- Is this a dressed up Nissan Altima?
[snapback]169752[/snapback]​

G35 is based on the rear drive FM platform. Altima and Maxima is on the Teana front drive platform.

Some FM platforms. G35, 350Z, and FX.

texasaero said:
Robbmt said:
Infinity G35 ---- Is this a dressed up Nissan Altima?
[snapback]169752[/snapback]​

G35 is based on the rear drive FM platform. Altima and Maxima is on the Teana front drive platform.

Some FM platforms. G35, 350Z, and FX.
[snapback]169754[/snapback]​

Keep in mind 25k to 30k is my budget...30k is pushing it, maybe ever a bit more then I need to be spending!

Oh, and the wife has a say as well, hence the sedans. I've got my 2002 Celica that I'm giving up ???

vw/audi are fine cars but I think that I would go for the G35.. German Cars are wonderful. Ive owned a few.. 00 beetle turbo, 01 audi a4,

My wife bought a 95 Jetta new. Still driving it at 140K miles. I hatw it though. 4 alternators before I got one that can handle air conditioning. Gave away my 77 Celica when I bought my Honda Pilot last year, only because I put a kicka$$ stereo in the Jetta for my wife. I'd never buy another German vehicle.

Gregor

I recommend looking into the Mazda Line. I love mine!

Be very careful of the VW brand. THey finished 133 out of 137 in terms of Reliability.

www.myvwlemon.com

There has been some serious issues ever since they moved their factories from Germany to Brazil / Mexico back in like 2000.

This is coming from a 2003 VW Golf owner. Although mine has been perfectly fine so far. Just a fair warning.

I say your better off with the Nissan product as well. Their enjines just start breaking in at 150k LOL.

BrownDevil said:
Stay away from german cars, go with the infiniti :D
[snapback]169736[/snapback]​

Stay away from Japaneese cars unless you like rust. Go with the Jetta.

coventrycat86 said:
BrownDevil said:
Stay away from german cars, go with the infiniti :D
[snapback]169736[/snapback]​

[snapback]169926[/snapback]​

:laugh: They only rust (and this goes for any car) if you live near the ocean or are one of those people who insist on living on some snow covered glacier :p

Only good VW has the engine in the back and cooled by air :D

Jetta's are for preppy high school kids. So unless you plan on poppin your collar up, crankin up the John Mayer and throwing parties while your parents are away I suggest the Infiniti.

Yeah, i found a 2004 G35 with 20000 miles for 25k.

I want one now, and must have one now. Going to do some test driving this weekend!

If you're gonna buy foreign, skip the dressed up nissan (infiniti) and go with Acura/Honda :thumbs:

coventrycat86 said:
[snapback]169926[/snapback]​

The Cat speaks the truth! I have owned new American, Japanese, and European (Sweden!) cars and I will probably be stuck with the higher maintenance costs for life now. I don't know if you care to call it soul or personality, but the three Asian imports I have owned lacked it.

If you HAVE to look Asian take KBs advice and look at Mazda, or check out a Subie!

Go with the Jetta! (but test drive a SAAB 9-3 first)

-Matt-