• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2009 Opus X/Anejo Superbowl Box Pool(s)

I don't have boxes in the second pool....yet, but if seems that it will have to stay at 2 sticks per....as a few more individuals have picked up squares, and they will be forced out of the pool if it went to 1 per square.

What about allowing Hemingway maddies/ Btl's for the second pool? That would surely allow more to participate and fill it up with 2 sticks per square... :whistling:

What about allowing Hemingway maddies/ Btl's for the second pool? That would surely allow more to participate and fill it up with 2 sticks per square... :whistling:

Two things, and I hope I'm not stepping on Khris' toes here.

1. It's still two per square....Khris has made no announcement it would be 1. That was just being kicked around if the other boxes didn't fill up. Now that a few more boxes have gone, I think this idea can be pretty well kissed bye bye...which is fine.

2. I doubt he's going to allow Hemmy's or BTL's into the mix. Then you're making the pool about "rarity/value" per box rather than Opus/Anejo. Some people aren't fans of Hemmy's or BTL's and join this pool in order to win a pot that they know up front will be Anejo's or Opus..plain and simple. Changing that up in the middle of signing up would ruin that integrity.

Again, I hope Khris doesn't get pissed at my response, but I think he would agree on these two points. If I am out of line then I apologize. I'm simply trying to put a stop to a few things immediately in case Khris is not online or around to do so.

I agree Wyatt and there is still nearly three weeks before the Steelers walk away with number 6 ;)

1. It's still two per square....Khris has made no announcement it would be 1. That was just being kicked around if the other boxes didn't fill up. Now that a few more boxes have gone, I think this idea can be pretty well kissed bye bye...which is fine.

2. I doubt he's going to allow Hemmy's or BTL's into the mix. Then you're making the pool about "rarity/value" per box rather than Opus/Anejo. Some people aren't fans of Hemmy's or BTL's and join this pool in order to win a pot that they know up front will be Anejo's or Opus..plain and simple. Changing that up in the middle of signing up would ruin that integrity.

Again, I hope Khris doesn't get pissed at my response, but I think he would agree on these two points. If I am out of line then I apologize. I'm simply trying to put a stop to a few things immediately in case Khris is not online or around to do so.

I see where you are coming from Wyatt, I didn't ever expect that to happen....just throwing out some ideas to maybe help the pool fill up a bit faster. :blush:

I agree Wyatt and there is still nearly three weeks before the Steelers walk away with number 6 ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't get your hopes up.

Thanks Wyatt. Well stated. It looks like we are past the point of the suggestion to make it 1 stick per box. Hopefully we will get it filled up before game day. If not we will have to come up with some other creative solution.

Welcome to the 2009 Opus X/Anejo Superbowl Box Pool!

Send your entry fee to me(address is in my profile).

When you send your entry fee please include a note with the following info:

* Your name (real and screen).

* Your current mailing address.

* Your box numbers.

* A list of the cigars you have sent.

Whoever sent me sticks in a box with the return address name Philly Smoke Shop please identify yourself and let me know the above information (minus the address of course).

It would be more than helpful if everyone would please follow the instructions and send this info with their entry. This is about the 5th person I have had to try to track down. I'm sorry, I don't know everyone's name and even the people that I do know I sometimes can't remember. :blush: It is a challenge enough for me when I do have all the info. As I have told others already,(when apologizing for my screw ups) I would not do well with a clerical job. Running this pool takes up many hours of my time and having the info at hand on a note makes it much easier for me to document and organize the info. Future cooperation in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Rant off.

BCW from Atlanta GA please identify yourself. Also C. Aliperti from Center Morichef NY

Okay, I just took 33 and 70. I will be home in a few days and send out the sticks then.

My boxes in grid 1 are green.
My boxes in grid 2 are not.
All sticks were sent in the same box.