• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2021-03 Montecristo Edmundo (OBM 2017)

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
This cigar had a much looser draw then other cubans which I've had. It was, thankfully, more in line with what I've come to appreciate in non-cuban cigars. I was very excited when I took this out for an evening walk.

1/3: Right off the bat, this started out as graham cracker. Add some vanilla as I got past the first half inch. Then some gingerbread. A little bit of spice or pepper develops as I exited the first third.

2/3: Okay, work with me here, I'm getting something in the range of lavender, flowers, vegetable, tea, hay. Okay, I've narrowed it down to vegetable, plus or minus one segment on the flavor wheel. As I continue to smoke it, I'm not saying roasted corn from the outer segment. The second third ends with a spicy sweetness. I'm thinking clove with a hint of pumpernickel.

3/3: As the cigar enters the final third, it is black pepper & stone ground wheat crackers and then finally finishes with mustard flour.

The smoke production was great, and the easy resistance made smoking this much more enjoyable then the previous two. It was a really good smoke. Although, trying to pick out all of the flavors was quite a bit of work, especially in the middle third. I enjoyed this, and I think its size definitely contributed to that since I gravitate towards toro sized cigars. Thank you to whoever contributed this. I wish I had kept better notes as to where this came from but I'll hazard a guess and say thank you for no particular reason to the Saturday night V-herf crew.95289AEB-7801-48FA-948F-C5FBD90C7091.jpeg8FDF6703-9D9E-41B1-8F2C-891AAA74BA63.jpeg

Nice review!

I need to get a wheel, at least then I could attach a descriptor to the mystery tastes. :)

Nice review. I really hope when I grow up I'll be able to discern the difference between "stone ground wheat crackers " and just plain old wheat crackers :cool:

Great review! These are great cigars.
what does the title 2021-03 Montecristo Edmundo (OBM 2017) mean?

I really like the Edmundos i have had from 2019 and 2020
Very nice smokes

Great review! These are great cigars.
what does the title 2021-03 Montecristo Edmundo (OBM 2017) mean?
2021 for the year, so as to not confuse it with last years. -03 for the 3rd cigar in the review series. I tried to make it more secretive like the factory codes but I’m not that creative.
BTW, what factory is the OBM code? The H Upmann 46 (2021-02) had that too.

Excellent review, Jon. Even with a flavor wheel, I'm not sure I would be able to recognize some of those hints. Great job.

Excellent review, Jon. Even with a flavor wheel, I'm not sure I would be able to recognize some of those hints. Great job.
I’m afraid if I used it, I’d believe something to be true that’s not, just because it was planted there. I like it when I know I’ve tasted something before, but can’t figure it out. Drives me crazy! But then every so often, when it hits you suddenly!

As a child at Grandmas before thanksgiving, with the bowl of mixed nuts put out annually. As a child in the baseball outfield chewing on the laces of my leather glove. I am bored and waiting for a ball to come my way. A teenager lying on the ground during a mountain hike staring at the skyline. I can smell and perceive the taste of the earth around me.
Then most recently while enjoying some 70’s Montecristo No. 3’s with @CigarStone ... Sharing a few Creme Brûlée with my wife in a Paris Cafe in 2005. The vanilla, creamy smoke, and sweetness were amazing!
Those are just a few of my favorite moments that came naturally.

2021 for the year, so as to not confuse it with last years. -03 for the 3rd cigar in the review series. I tried to make it more secretive like the factory codes but I’m not that creative.
BTW, what factory is the OBM code? The H Upmann 46 (2021-02) had that too.
I am not familiar with the OBM code... I will do some research and let you know what I find in the next vherf.

I’m afraid if I used it, I’d believe something to be true that’s not, just because it was planted there. I like it when I know I’ve tasted something before, but can’t figure it out. Drives me crazy! But then every so often, when it hits you suddenly!

As a child at Grandmas before thanksgiving, with the bowl of mixed nuts put out annually. As a child in the baseball outfield chewing on the laces of my leather glove. I am bored and waiting for a ball to come my way. A teenager lying on the ground during a mountain hike staring at the skyline. I can smell and perceive the taste of the earth around me.
Then most recently while enjoying some 70’s Montecristo No. 3’s with @CigarStone ... Sharing a few Creme Brûlée with my wife in a Paris Cafe in 2005. The vanilla, creamy smoke, and sweetness were amazing!
Those are just a few of my favorite moments that came naturally.
Very nice way with words Mr. Fields, you took me back more than a few decades.