• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2021-23 Montecristo No. 4 (Pre-Embargo)

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
Just having the opportunity to smoke this is a treat! Pre-Embargo, I mean how cool is that?!?!
1/3: Chalk, which I think translates to "old book" or "musty attic" in Bill speak. Oh, and a little bit of sweetness. This is amazingly delicious. A quarter inch in and I get a little bit of pepper. The first third finishes up in old book (chalk in Jon speak), and a little bit of sweetness with a bit of pepper sprinkled in.
2/3: Old book, and some salt- not much, just a pinch.
3/3: Salt is now a bit more dominant. The old book smell/taste is gone. What remains is now tobacco, wood and earth as we wrap up the final third.

This was a treat to smoke. Before lighting, I smelled the cigar from head to foot, and from foot to head, and it did smell like if you were to take a heap of old tobacco, and put it in a dusty old barn (maybe attic?) that is what you would smell as soon as you opened up the barn door. Thank you!

Excellent review! The salt is very common with Pre Embargo cigars. Back then, they really did roll them on the thighs of sweaty virgins 😊