• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

3rd Annual Superbowl Squares Pool

Bri signed me up for a few squares even though I don't agree with the allowing of NC's. So in protest I am sending all padron 64 principes for my spots! :D

Wait until you see what I send! ;)

BTW - if any of the fellas that sent habanos, prior to the change, win....they should get all the habanos and whatever overage is needed.

(how's that for a good 'stir' ;) )

Wait until you see what I send! ;)

BTW - if any of the fellas that sent habanos, prior to the change, win....they should get all the habanos and whatever overage is needed.

(how's that for a good 'stir' ;) )

This I agree with 100% .

Oh please, let's not start this business.

I'd rather those that put in all Cuban prior to rule change be offered the chance to request change in their submission before we start this debacle. Pot is the pot, wager is your wager, Paul can figure out how it gets split and personnally I don't care how he does it.

But slicing out wagers and pay outs differently based on what you put in and when you put it in would be a mess.

Oh please, let's not start this business.

I'd rather those that put in all Cuban prior to rule change be offered the chance to request change in their submission before we start this debacle. Pot is the pot, wager is your wager, Paul can figure out how it gets split and personnally I don't care how he does it.

But slicing out wagers and pay outs differently based on what you put in and when you put it in would be a mess.

Oh please, really?

If pot was the pot and wager was the wager than it should be an all Cuban pot as the original rules stated. Expecteing either Paul or the people who sent their cigars in before the change was made to pay for shipping to change cigars to accommodate the few additional people who might now join is not really fair to either party. Trying to find a fair way to compensate everyone who sent in cigars prior really wouldn't be to hard considering everyone is supposed to include a list of what they sent.
As it turns out changing it may cause less people to participate anyways.

Oh please, really?

If pot was the pot and wager was the wager than it should be an all Cuban pot as the original rules stated. Expecteing either Paul or the people who sent their cigars in before the change was made to pay for shipping to change cigars to accommodate the few additional people who might now join is not really fair to either party. Trying to find a fair way to compensate everyone who sent in cigars prior really wouldn't be to hard considering everyone is supposed to include a list of what they sent.
As it turns out changing it may cause less people to participate anyways.

Did you miss his previous post?

So everyone knows publicly there are three members that have shipped already and this is what I told them.
Thank you. I don't know if you have been following or not but if there is a rule change on the buyin and you want sticks back to change things out let me know. I will gladly send them back with a return label so there is no cost to you.
This way it is fair to everyone.
I want more opinions before we make it final.
Paul

In short, he already addressed this issue.

I know what was said but your snarky Oh Please was a little irritating.

The whole reason Bri and I were participating was because it was all Cuban. Even though Paul made the offer we felt like it would be a dick move to back out after signing up let alone sending the cigars.

Personally I don't believe rules should be changed once they have been posted and a single person signs up.

Given that the rules changed in a matter of hours, without everyone being able to voice there opinion, having a conversation now without the snarky comments doesn't seem unreasonable. . since the rules have changed there is nothing wrong with clarifying how the cigars are going to be divided up.

I know what was said but your snarky Oh Please was a little irritating.

The whole reason Bri and I were participating was because it was all Cuban. Even though Paul made the offer we felt like it would be a dick move to back out after signing up let alone sending the cigars.

Personally I don't believe rules should be changed once they have been posted and a single person signs up.

Given that the rules changed in a matter of hours, without everyone being able to voice there opinion, having a conversation now without the snarky comments doesn't seem unreasonable. . since the rules have changed there is nothing wrong with clarifying how the cigars are going to be divided up.
I'm planning on sending one of each category for three squares, does that mean if I win my winnings will be 33.3% from each category?

I wanted to play. Saw the number of boxes went from 3 to 4, so figured I'd hold out until closer to the end to see if it went up to 5 or 6 boxes.

Instead NC were included, so unfortunately, I'm going to pass.

I'm planning on sending one of each category for three squares, does that mean if I win my winnings will be 33.3% from each category?

I guess you didn't read Gratefuls post. The comment was made for the 3 people who sent cigars in before the rules changed. Not for everyone afterwards.

Honestly I don't think the rules should have been changed as I stated but I do not expect Paul to divide the cigars up. I agreed with grateful that in an ideal world that should be what happens. In reality that is not the expectation.

Since the rules have changed everything should be put on the table. How the pot will be divided is one of those things. It's how we have always done things on CP.

I wanted to play. Saw the number of boxes went from 3 to 4, so figured I'd hold out until closer to the end to see if it went up to 5 or 6 boxes.

Instead NC were included, so unfortunately, I'm going to pass.
I had 2 coworkers want in who only smoke CC's who said they weren't interested anymore either once the rules changed. It's also the reason I'm only taking 2 instead of 4 squares myself.

I guess you didn't read Gratefuls post. The comment was made for the 3 people who sent cigars in before the rules changed. Not for everyone afterwards.

Honestly I don't think the rules should have been changed as I stated but I do not expect Paul to divide the cigars up. I agreed with grateful that in an ideal world that should be what happens. In reality that is not the expectation.

Since the rules have changed everything should be put on the table. How the pot will be divided is one of those things. It's how we have always done things on CP.
I was busy being a dick. I'm not as skilled as you. :) yes. This would apply specifically for the three participants who already sent in sticks. Seems kosher.

I had 2 coworkers want in who only smoke CC's who said they weren't interested anymore either once the rules changed. It's also the reason I'm only taking 2 instead of 4 squares myself.
Snobs ;) kidding. I see what you mean about potentially not having some who many have initially been interested.