• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

3rd Annual Superbowl Squares Pool

Just picked my squares, will get my stuff out asap!
Tell Josh to get in as well. We need as many as we can. We have struggled to fill this before. The first year was brutal... Lol I really am hoping this fills with the 2 stick a per layout. If you look back on year one and two we had to improvise last min...

Tell Josh to get in as well. We need as many as we can. We have struggled to fill this before. The first year was brutal... Lol I really am hoping this fills with the 2 stick a per layout. If you look back on year one and two we had to improvise last min...
I mentioned it to him (I think he's calculating the odds of winning lol). Just got my cigars boxed up with my list and it should go out today.

What are the chances of putting one of these together for non Cuban cigars? I'd be in for sure!

I'd be in my own self. However, won't be a non-Cuban pool this year.

Good point Bruce.

Paul - you might open this up to Opus/Anejo/Padron/Cuban/etc and combine a few that we've had in the past. I know last year, there was an issue getting the Cuban pool filled up. Just a suggestion.

Good point Bruce.

Paul - you might open this up to Opus/Anejo/Padron/Cuban/etc and combine a few that we've had in the past. I know last year, there was an issue getting the Cuban pool filled up. Just a suggestion.
I'm fine with that of others are cool with it. We will need to set a dollar value if this is the way we go.

I'd like to open the decision to the members that have already picked squares?

Personally, I like the idea of Opus/Anjeo/Padron (Non thousand series)/Cuban.

I think if it were stuck to that, all in all it would equal out. I don't love putting dollar amount on it if we combine...because an Anejo/Opus might be $12.00....but an HDM Epi 2 may only be $8. But I would say both would be accepted.

I think we you toss in a dollar amount standard and mix Cuban/NC, you get in a bit of a mess.

While I understand there would be some variance, I think an acceptable variance would be as stated (Opus/Anejo/Padron - Non thousand series/Cuban).

I think if it were stuck to that, all in all it would equal out. I don't love putting dollar amount on it if we combine...because an Anejo/Opus might be $12.00....but an HDM Epi 2 may only be $8. But I would say both would be accepted.

I think we you toss in a dollar amount standard and mix Cuban/NC, you get in a bit of a mess.

While I understand there would be some variance, I think an acceptable variance would be as stated (Opus/Anejo/Padron - Non thousand series/Cuban).
I think that as long as TP approves the sticks before mailing. We are good. We are all adults. Well, mostly.

I like this idea so we don't need to deal with price approvals.

I think it should be layed out like this:
Rules:
2 Cigars per square.
Acceptable Cigars:
Opus/Anjeo
Padron '26 or '64 series
Cuban Habanos bigger than a Petite Corona.

Thoughts?
Paul

Sounds good to me Paul. What are your thoughts on some of the Don Carlos off shoots. I have an eye of the shark or two I'd be willing to send. I understand though if you want to keep it narrow a bit.

Let's keep it as listed for now so we don't get to far out.

So everyone knows publicly there are three members that have shipped already and this is what I told them.

Thank you. I don't know if you have been following or not but if there is a rule change on the buyin and you want sticks back to change things out let me know. I will gladly send them back with a return label so there is no cost to you.

This way it is fair to everyone.

I want more opinions before we make it final.

Paul

Let's keep it as listed for now so we don't get to far out.
Sounds good to me. One option is everyone include at least one of each category, opus/Anejo, Padron, CC. The remainder can be any in those categories. Those that have already sent are exempt.

ETA: one box players also obviously exempt as well.

Hey Paul,
I'll live with whatever you, as the host, decides is the best way to fill the pool. My sticks are in transit and unless told otherwise I have no interest in changing them.
Tom

Hey Paul,
I'll live with whatever you, as the host, decides is the best way to fill the pool. My sticks are in transit and unless told otherwise I have no interest in changing them.
Tom
Thanks Tom