• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

4 years at CP

They are superstrat guitars. Based off the fender stratocaster design.

Great contest. A lot of good answers from everyone. Good luck guys!

I'm at a loss lol. I wanted to say congrats on the anniversary though. :)

They are both right handed guitars flipped for a lefty? (not any better than my other guesses though)

They have the same headstock shape (reveresed on the ESP)

Straight headstock (fretboard and headstock are on the same plane)
Yes, the ESP has a modified shape for the headstock that was also based on the Jackson-style pointy headstock that you see on the Carvin and the Charvel. This isn't what I'm looking for though. And all headstocks on these guitars are actually angled, rather than on the same plane as the fretboard.

Um, Jackson Soloist?
See above.

They are superstrat guitars. Based off the fender stratocaster design.
While true, that's more a general category distinction. The answer I'm looking for is something specific.

They are both right handed guitars flipped for a lefty? (not any better than my other guesses though)
Nope, these are all strung and played righty.

The answer is not something like, "they were all manufactured on my nephew's birthday," or something similarly impossible to know. There is something all three of these guitars have in common. The blue guitar is an ESP (sorry the logo isn't very clear in the pic). If you can determine what model the ESP is, you will be closer to discovering the common aspect.

they use to belong to Nasty when he played for the MONKEYS!!!! :D
a famous person played them before you got your hands on them :D
Congrats on 4yrs

They are all "shred" guitars used by heavy metal bands?

They both have Seymour Duncan pickups? Just a guess... I can't tell from the pictures. Thanks for the contest though, and congratulations on four years!

They each have pointy headstocks?

Or XJ Frets?

Good luck guys! I have fried my brain with hours of googling. Lol before this contest I knew guitars made music. So, I can't really say I lost. I have learned a lot. I just can't figure out anything else they have in-common they you guys haven't guessed.

Couple more shots in the dark.....

ESP MV-CTM

Tuners are Gotoh

Dual Cut Guitar bodies

both were previously owned by rock stars...Warren DeMartini or Jake E. Lee or Randy Rhoads.

Or...Van Halen, Richie Sambora, Vinnie Vincent, Eddie Ojeda or George Lynch.

or it is a custom revamp of the Fender Stratocaster?

ESP MV-CTM

Well done on the guitar ID! :thumbs: I thought that might be a tricky one to pin down. There is a reason I picked this particular model vs. others produced by ESP. The same is true for why I've selected the 750xl instead of another model Charvel. All three guitars have this specific thing in common.