• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

4 years at CP

Both were owned by Jimi Hendrix.
tongue.gif

On all of them the pickup selector is in the center postion and wired for a output mix of both front and rear pickups?

I should add that they all have 3 Way PU selectors?

How about that you can't play neither one of them?? :laugh:

The more I look at it, it has got to be the 3-way pickup selector switch that is common to all of them. And even after knowing the model of the last, that was still tough to figure out and the commonize between them.

But I do know about 100 times more about guitars than I did before this contest. Thats pretty cool, even if I am wrong!....again! :)

The more I look at it, it has got to be the 3-way pickup selector switch that is common to all of them. And even after knowing the model of the last, that was still tough to figure out and the commonize between them.

But I do know about 100 times more about guitars than I did before this contest. Thats pretty cool, even if I am wrong!....again! :)
'
I hope you are right ;) I also learned A LOT about guitars over the last few days! Good luck.

How about that you can't play neither one of them?? :laugh:
Los, you and Sam must both own the "Cigar Smokers Guide to Corny Insults." I'll be sure to gift you an exploding cigar next time I see you... :p

Let's wrap this up! Here are the last hints!

These guitars do not share the common characteristic with the three pictured in this thread: Ibanez RG550, ESP Horizon, Charvel Model 6, Jackson Soloist, Gibson MIII, 2008 Carvin DC200.

These guitars do: Kramer ProAxe, Peavey Vandenberg, Gibson Firebird.

An answer was given more than once that was headed in the right direction and yet the info was incorrect. :whistling:

Ok Ill take another shot. They all have 24 3/4 in scale lengths? Or easier said 24.75 in scale length?

Don't know much about guitars but...
Same whammy bar?

Congrats on the four year anni of my favorite lady boy.

-Rob

Ok Ill take another shot. They all have 24 3/4 in scale lengths? Or easier said 24.75 in scale length?

We have a winner! All of the pictured guitars have a short, or Gibson, scale length of 24.75". Congrats to {tpc} on sleuthing out the correct answer! You now have the right of first refusal. You can choose between the fiver I originally listed or a new standard black Palio cutter.

Marine6186, you also win a prize (tbd) for correctly identifying the first two guitars. Something will also be going out to Putz Mulligan for ID'ing the third guitar. PM me if your addy's aren't in your profiles.

Thanks to all for playing and for the many kind words! :thumbs:

Ah, the answer was staring me in the face the whole time! I now know enough about the different manufacturers to get in to trouble!

Thanks for the contest and congratulations again!

Charlie

Good job {tpc}, Putz, and Marine! Enjoy the contest winnings :) You all deserve them!

Roy, thanks for the contest!

Thanks for the contest! It was quite tough, but very fun to learn about the guitars. It is a subject I have little to no experience in.....obviously lol. :) The hints helped but were excellent...and by excellent I mean tough....they helped as advertised but you still had to do your homework to figure it out. Not a whole lot of info out on the web either in some cases....and in other cases I was translating pages from Japanese to English hehe (thanks google!). :)

Congrats again on the 4 years. :D I've sent you a pm. :)

Congrats {tpc} and Putz!
I agree with you 100% {tpc} I don't know anything about guitars and google was my friend the whole way. Great contest. I hope I last 4 years here and have a chance to have a contest. Hell I will probably have one after 6 months! Thanks Elliot!

Sticks arrived and I can only say that I am humbled, thank you Elliot!