• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Añejo and Opus X Reference

Did I miss the 2010 Cigar Family Charitable Foundation release. My B&M has them for $99.99 a box of two cigars. One Opus X and one Diamond Crown, both figurado's. What is MSRP on these things? Any feedback other than strickly novelty and for those guys who chase HTF's?

By the way, are the Cigar Family Charitable Foundation and Toast Across America the same thing?

mac

The TAA event and cigars benefit the CFCF.
They go for $50 a set.

If the box your B&M has says TAA on top...then they are very high...as is the price of the sticks.

tn.jpg

This is what my B&M has. Price is $99.99...

mac

....yeah, and last time I checked Casa Fuente has Anejo #49's for something like $25.00 a stick.

I won't buy those, either....

Who the hell around DFW is selling those for $100? I've never seen them for more than the $50 they're supposed to sell them for....

That is a ripoff of a price. Isy would probably be a better source on this, but as Greg SVT stated...they should not sell for more than $50.

There is a Cohiba near my home which sells BBMF's for $199.99 :angry: These guys don't see my money for anything.

The Fuente TAA sets are $50. This is supposed to be something for retailers (and consumers) to do to help support the Cigar Family Charitable Foundation. There are no profits in the sets for retailers (unless they're charging $100 for the sets). I hope the folks charging $100 for them are donating the extra $50 bucks to the charity.

The Fuente TAA sets are $50. This is supposed to be something for retailers (and consumers) to do to help support the Cigar Family Charitable Foundation. There are no profits in the sets for retailers (unless they're charging $100 for the sets). I hope the folks charging $100 for them are donating the extra $50 bucks to the charity.

I have a feeling the guy was saying they were $100 so he could put up a sale post saying that's how much he paid for them. I have never seen them in the DFW area for more than $50.

For some reason, I thought this thread was pinned?

Tim

MilesMingusMonk said:
AnejoSizes2.jpg

(L to R): #49 - #48 - #55 - #77 - #46 - #50

Añejo Reserva Xtra Viejo Limitada

Name.........................Size..............MSRP* / Box (Count)
No. 46.....................5.625 x 46........$ 7.25 / $181.25 (25)
No. 48.....................7.000 x 48........$ 8.75 / $218.75 (25)
No. 49.....................7.625 x 49........$ 9.50 / $237.50 (25)
No. 50.....................5.250 x 50........$ 8.00 / $200.00 (25)
No. 55.....................6.000 x 55........$ 9.75 / $243.75 (25)
No. 77 "Shark".........5.875 x 64........$ 9.25 / $185.00 (20)

*MSRP as of January 1, 2007 ( Verified by F&N document )

Prices do not include state tobacco taxes or state sales taxes: State Tobacco Tax Rate Link

AnejosOriginalReleaseLineUp.jpg

(L to R): #49 - #48 - #55 - #46 - #50

Original release Añejo Reserva Xtra Viejo Limitada

"Añejo (which means "aged, refined" in Spanish) cigars were originally released in December 2000 due to Fuente being skittish about whether enough Opus X tobacco would be available after the hurricane hit their farm in 1998. Añejos have a blend of Opus X, Don Carlos, and Hemingway filler, with Connecticut broadleaf maduro wrappers that are cured in cognac barrels after they've been aged. The original release Añejos have no cedar around them, and have wrappers that were aged in for 7 years (subsequent releases have the wrappers aged for varying time, generally about 3 years, and are all wrapped in cedar). Añejo No.77s (aka, "Sharks") are the exception; they were originally released in early 2001, and no release of the Sharks is wrapped in cedar. Contrary to popular belief, all releases of the Añejos have their tobacco aged/cured in cognac barrels for only 6-8 months... the bulk of the aging time is done in tightly packed bales." - Andrew Welch

NEW ARTURO FUENTE CIGARS COMING TO MARKET By David Savona, May 2000
A new version of Arturo Fuente cigars were scheduled to begin reaching U.S. cigar stores by the end of May. The guts of the cigar, called Arturo Fuente Añejo, are similar to what's inside a Fuente Fuente OpusX. But unlike the Dominican-shade wrapped OpusX, the Añejo is made with Connecticut-broadleaf wrappers.
The cigars were rolled two years ago, after Hurricane Georges damaged Chateau de la Fuente, Tabacalera A. Fuente y Cia.'s Dominican wrapper farm. Fearing that he would run short of the Dominican-grown wrapper that he uses on Fuente Fuente OpusX cigars, Fuente president Carlos Fuente Jr. instructed his most skilled cigar rollers to use the broadleaf wrappers instead. The result was the Fuente Añejo.
The cigars have the same traditional band as other Fuente cigars, with a white band at the bottom in place of black or green. The word Añejo appears on the bottom of the band in place of the words Gran Reserva.
The filler and binder blend in the cigars is very close to that used in Fuente Fuente OpusX, and four of the five sizes are identical to the Fuente Fuente OpusX line. The cigars come in double corona size (7 5/8 inches by 49 ring), Churchill (7 inches by 48), robusto (5 1/4 inches by 50), corona gorda (5 5/8 inches by 46) and No. 2 (6 inches by 55).
Prices for the new brand haven't been determined, but Fuente said the Añejo brand would be priced similar to his Don Carlos line, which carries a suggested retail price of about $7 to $11 per cigar.
Like most Fuente products, these cigars won't be easy to find. "It was a very small production, and it's very old tobacco," said Fuente. "We made about 75,000 in total."
-Cigar Insider, 2000

Cigar photo credit ( top picture): www.Cigar.com (bottom picture ) Moki

Anejo Reserva - SWEET!!!

You really had to repost a quote of a 2005 post of a pinned thread ?