• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A contest for the newer members

Oh, sonuvabum, so close. Two out of three. And I'm afraid the answers are there. I've never had direct conversation with two of the FOG's that got them right. And a couple of the people who guessed wrong the first time came back with the answers over PM. But they've all sworn under pain of death not to tell anyone. Remember, the search function at the top of the page isn't the only way to search.

FYI, I could be very wrong, and it could be some kind of trick..

But to qualify my statement, I work in Electronic Discovery and Data Forensics, and searching through data is what I do for a living.. Granted, my search tools are much different, and if I could actually get to the back end of the code and search I'd probably have better luck.. But I know how to search and I still sucked at this contest. :(

no buddy, I understand. I'm a computer science guy myself. I know how to search, I even have the willingness to scan through numerous posts, many of which i read 3 times.
I'm convinced the answers aren't out there.

/vengeance

edit: spelling, fail

FYI, I could be very wrong, and it could be some kind of trick..

But to qualify my statement, I work in Electronic Discovery and Data Forensics, and searching through data is what I do for a living.. Granted, my search tools are much different, and if I could actually get to the back end of the code and search I'd probably have better luck.. But I know how to search and I still sucked at this contest. :(

no buddy, I understand. I'm a computer science guy myself. I know how to search, I even have the willingness to scan through numerous posts, many of which i read 3 times.
I'm convinced the answers aren't out there.

/vengeance

edit: spelling, fail

Oh, I'm a d*ck alright, but I wouldn't do that to people who are new to the board. It's no trick, just a way to give some newer guys a chance at getting some harder to find sticks and having fun while doing it. The answers are out there.

Ok, before anyone gets offended, please understand that my post was out of frustration with the search tool, not the contest.

I think offering up some great smokes for a challenging contest is a great idea, and I don't think you are a D*ck cause its hard..

I'm just trying to figure out if there's some kind of logic someone who wasn't a noob might use to find the answers in a different manner. I've used the search tool and the google search tool and have found a lot of answers, but definitely not all the right answers. I've tried search terms and combinations and proximity searches, heck I even gave fuzzy searching a try but google blew up at that..

Once this contest is over, I would like detailed instruction on how to find the answers. I just can't do it and I'm feeling really dumb..

I got the answers on the second try. I just "guessed" based on other answers for my official guess. Then I used search and "searched" to get the correct answers. It didn't take long...

Sorry, for your frustration!!! Have a nice smoke, it's friday!!!!!

Cheers,
antaean

Well, I did learn one thing that someone PM'd me.. I now know how to find every post that someone posted without finding 80 pages of stuff that wasn't part of my search. If the search button had a "By userid" i could have solved this one in 5 minutes. I didn't know there was another method of doing that.

I don't think the typical noob would know to find that option, cough.. I know I didn't till it was pointed out to me.

I was gonna pass this contest by so some even newer newbs than me would have a good shot, but I figured now that you've updated the rules I will try!

1. BFreebern
2. Strayvector
3. AngryFishH

edited only for a spelling mistake

Turk, I took absolutely no offense at all. But I am a d*ck. Ask my friends :thumbs: . Anyhow, lots of partialy right answers but no one has hit it so far. Read the questions carefully. Anthony, you were so close it hurts. Plural boys, plural.

I figured it was plural after your "semantics" comment, but I just couldn't find any other(s)

Turk, I took absolutely no offense at all. But I am a d*ck. Ask my friends :thumbs: . Anyhow, lots of partialy right answers but no one has hit it so far. Read the questions carefully. Anthony, you were so close it hurts. Plural boys, plural.

FYI, you pm'd me that I only got one right, from my original answer. Didn't I actually get two right? Just wondering based on others guesses.

Well, since you let the older noobies play...

1. Hillbilly Steaks and bfreebern
2. Strayvector
3. AngryFishH

I would have thought this should have been done in the first hour.

I would have thought this should have been done in the first hour.

No doubt. Took all of 10 minutes for me to find the answers (probably less if I hadn't have read some of the other posts).