• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Few Thoughts

very good post. gave an angle i never gave much thought to. i guess im guilty on the over doing it. like you said, i fear being thought of as cheap, or selfish, so i pad it to be sure!

i supose if there are those out there who take advatage of people us, im not going to worry about it too much. im a bleiver in karma, it will come back to him. now if i KNOW they are doing something like that, well thats a differant deal.

the other problem for newbies like myself, what is a fair? how much is that stick worth? is a ryj resever real = to or > a poor larraniga blue label? are we using the prices at the local shop? or how much they come to per stick if you buy a box on jrcigars? what would = a cuban ??? hell i feel like a horse trader at an auto aution most of the time!

anyway. great post.

Everyone feels that way starting out Dave. Just ask, and you'll get honest answers. Once you become familiar with the hot brands and MSRP, it will come pretty easily. :D

My long winded point is...sometimes newbies feel uncomfortable to be blown away with tons of extra smokes...

Well, my first trade was with Joe M. and he blew me away with TONS of extra smokes but ME FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE??? NEVER!! :sign: :sign:

I think Steve makes some excellent points and so does everyone else who chimed in.

I agree with all the post. Being a Newbie I haven't heard of a lot of cigars that go around here and I'm totally ignorant on the ISOM's. I'm smart enough to stay out the passes that are out of my league and the ones that I'm questionable about I would want to throw in an extra or 2 to be on the safe side. Like previously said on the post some people value certain cigars at different prices. Like VSG's for instance, I have 2 local tobacco shops one sells the vsg belisco for 187 and the shop that is normally cheaper has the same box for 240. I'm not scared to ask questions so I should be OK but it can get confusing.

I agree CC. And if Joe M. makes you feel uncomfortable then maybe he would trade with me instead ;) Just to make everyone feel better. :lookup:

I really hate to sound so ignorant, (but as you can see by the amount of posts I have made I am a true newbie)but what are ISOM's. ???

No not ignorant, just misinformed. Don't worry because everyone goes through it when they start smoking. ;)

cvmfour said:
No not ignorant, just misinformed. Don't worry because everyone goes through it when they start smoking. ;)
Actually, ignorant was the correct term. ;)

To be ignorant is to be without the knowledge (as was the case)
To be stupid is to be without capacity (certainly NOT the case :thumbs:).

BTW, welcome :D

Cheers,
Dixie

Steve*R

Was one of the first people who welcomed me to this cigar world. He sent me a nice box of cigars to sample. And he made it very clear that he did not want me to send him nothing.

I took this to heart, and have tried to send new guys or some one that is having a hard time, a nice pkg of cigars. In other words I am passing on what he did for me. And I told these people just to pass it on when they had a chance.

And by the way Steve*R a very nice post.

That does sound like a nice way to be introduced into the cigar world. Steve*R does seem to be a good person. Maybe I will have the opportunity to pass on a bit of knowledge one of these days. Thank you all for your words of encouragement and kindness.

Ok 2 noob questions.

1 - should the orginators address always be the return address or the person sending the box (in case it gets lost or returned)?
2 -Can a pass start with a box of all the same sticks. My thinking is something interesting that all those involved can get a least one sample of. Or is a mixture best?

Ok 2 noob questions.

1 - should the orginators address always be the return address or the person sending the box (in case it gets lost or returned)?
2 -Can a pass start with a box of all the same sticks. My thinking is something interesting that all those involved can get a least one sample of. Or is a mixture best?
1. Makes sense. Although when you print out a Click-n-Ship label it will have your return addy. IIRC, passes that have contained preprinted CnS labels would have the pass originator's return addy.

2. Yes, those are two different types of passes and are equally valid approaches to passing.

Wilkey

A little bit of Thred Necro...but good points as we start to wrap up pass season.

Tim

This is a great subject. I give away a lot of sticks and never expect anything in return. In fact, I'm a little uncomfortable when I receive them because I want to reciprocate. Sharing a cigar that I enjoy with someone I think will enjoy it as well it's the reward.

Hey guys very new to the board and the world of cigars. I've learned a lot on this board so far. Can't wait to par-take in my first pass. I just want to thank all who contributed to this board for there insight.

Thanks

kyanmyson said:
Hey guys very new to the board and the world of cigars. I've learned a lot on this board so far. Can't wait to par-take in my first pass. I just want to thank all who contributed to this board for there insight.

Thanks

You should PM insight, imo