• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A funny thing happened...

Wolfie

Alien
I came home from a business trip to Pasadena to find the back door smashed open, the house ransacked, and almost every electronic device missing.

Okay, that isn't very funny. What I thought was funny is that the tabletop humidor I call "moochador" where I keep cheap, decent smokes for guests who generally don't smoke had been taken. The two humidors I keep in the closet, one being my go-to full of favourites and the other containing items I'm holding onto (cigars I'm saving for particular purposes, sticks I haven't tried yet, or gifts) had both been taken out of the closet, set on the floor, and ignored.

Likewise, the liquor cabinet was opened. The large bottle of Bacardi was taken. The aged and collectable bottles were left including various Scotch, whiskey, rum, and port.

My beard trimmer was taken from the bathroom. The bottles full of Vicodin were left.

If you thought the beard trimmer was strange, my meat thermometer is also missing. The probe is still here, and the Shun and Masamoto Tsujiki knives in the very next drawer were ignored.

This is not the first time I've been robbed, but this is the first time I've been utterly bewildered by what the burglars did and didn't take.

The way some people think is truly amazing sometimes, it sucks that some idiot broke into your house and stole some weird items but left the good stuff, maybe they set their sites low to start with and wanted to leave the good stuff for you.

Sorry for your home being entered, but I bet you will notice that nothing was taken that would envolve work (ie tools etc).

Thieves are generally lazy. Thank goodness your burglars were of a lower class.

Sucks your house got robbed. They apparently aren't good thieves.

Must have just of been burgulars from the lower income side of the neighborhod.

I'm glad you can find some little bit of humor in it, but I can only imagine what that would do to your sense of security of your home.

Wolfie brother, that is horrible my friend, my condolences.

Only took the Bacardi..? My bet is he/she/they were under the age of 25.

Condolences, brother. My house was burglarized 2 years ago and while I was grateful that they only took what they did, I was amazed like you said at what they didnt take. They smashed in the door, took 3 HUGE vases full of change (I would've loved to see them trying to carry those, they had to be at least 20lbs + each), and my wife's heirloom jewelry which was the most heartbreaking part of it all. They left: vicodin, muscle relaxer, all electronics which were out in full display, checkbooks, credit cards, etc.

After the deductible we really didn't recoup the losses of the heirloom jewelry and they ended up raising our premium. Gotta love being penalized for your own house being broken into. Needless to say we left that insurance company. We definitely felt unsettled in our own home for a few months but over time we've gotten back to normal.

Hopefully you'll be able to replace what was taken and get back to normal soon!

Wolfie, sorry to hear about this and it just plain out sucks. Too bad it was only alcohol in that bottle of Bacardi.

Thanks guys. At this point, I'm of the opinion there isn't much I can do about it and I'm not likely to get anything back, so I might as well take it as light hearted as I can.

Sorry for your home being entered, but I bet you will notice that nothing was taken that would envolve work (ie tools etc).

It's funny you mention it. I know they went into the garage as there was a failed attempt to remove the car stereo, but not a single power tool appears to be missing. Air compressors, pressure washers, tool bags, etc were all untouched. At the same time, the keys to the car and bikes were all here, and none of them was taken either.

At this point, I'm not sure whether I'm going to file an insurance claim or not. My deductable is $1,000. When I look over my list of what's missing, it's close to 10K, but not only do I not think I'll get anywhere near that, my premium is likely to see a nice little bump. I'm not really missing anything I can't live without...except maybe the beard trimmer. It's been a few weeks, and I'm getting a little bushy.

Yeah the insurance companies are so righteous. And I guess you are too.

Sorry for your loss, Wolfie

Just saw this thread Wolfie, damn those punks! I'm glad to hear you post and with a sense of humor in your words.

Couldn't have been a drug user, the don't normally leave Vicodin behind (well, unless they have a sensitive stomach :laugh: )
I hope any of your electronics had GPS and it may show up when they try to use it.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune wolfie. Getting robbed always sucks. The brightside is that what was taken can be replaced and most importantly, no one was hurt. Okay...it would have been better if the thieves got hurt, but I guess we can't have everything...

Wolfie, sorry to hear about this and it just plain out sucks. Too bad it was only alcohol in that bottle of Bacardi.

Buy another bottle of Bacardi and put 4-5 bottles of Visine in it. If they break in again they will obviously take it and when they drink it they WILL shit themselves literally.