• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A New Hope Pass

Ya'll are fahkin' nerds. :p

P.S. Clearly you both googled that.

Ya'll are fahkin' nerds. :p

P.S. Clearly you both googled that.

Now who in their right mind would know the answer to that? :whistling:

<vvvmmm...vvvmmmm> My light sabre is swift and sure....<vvvvmmmm>

:laugh:

I guess I'm a Nerd cause I thought up the question on my own straight away. Docking Bay 94, "Looks like somebody's beginning to take an interest in your handiwork."

This is the most awesome pass idea ever. I have loved these movies since I saw them as a kid, and now every Friday night my son and I watch the Clone Wars on Cartoon Network.

Guy's... watch out for contest # 2 god awful early in the am. Approx 0600 est...

I plan to have this pass on the road this week. Also, people who have gotten invites, please remember the expiration date is right around the corner.

Thanks again..

Your powers with Wookiepedia are strong young man ... quoted word for word. :laugh:

For one contest, I suggest having potential pass entrants enter the Kessel Run. The first one to make it in less than twelve parsecs gets in.

But do you know what the Kessel Run is? And why was making it in less than 12 parsecs an accomplishment?

:cool:

Oh but of course... The Kessel Run was an 18-parsec route used by smugglers to move glitterstim spice from Kessel to an area south of the Si'Klaata Cluster without getting caught by the Imperial ships that were guarding the movement of spice from Kessel's mines. Worlds along the Kessel Run included Fwillsving, Randa, Rion, and possibly Zerm.

It took travelers in real space around The Maw leading them to an uninhabitable—but far easier to navigate—area of space called The Pit, which was an asteroid cluster encased in a nebula arm making sensors as well as pilots go virtually blind. Thus there was a high chance that pilots, weary from the long flight through real space, would crash into an asteroid.

Han Solo claimed that his Millennium Falcon "made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs". A parsec is a unit of distance, not time. Solo was not referring directly to his ship's speed when he made this claim. Instead, he was referring to the shorter route he was able to travel by skirting the nearby Maw black hole cluster, thus making the run in under the standard distance, he may have indirectly referred to the speed of his ship here because to be able to go closer to black hole and still be able to get out of its gravitational pull you will need to be able to go faster. However, parsec relates to time in that a shorter distance equals a shorter time at the same speed. By moving closer to the black holes, Solo managed to cut the distance down to about 11.5 parsecs. The smuggler, BoShek, actually beat Solo's record in his ship, Infinity, but without cargo to weigh him down.

A few months later, Han Solo beat both his own and BoShek's records in a run he made with Luke Skywalker.

Count me in and thanks for the invite Brian but do NOT expect me to be dressing up like Princess Leia.

Mark

This is a great Idea!!

I love all things Star Wars,, well not the addition of the dancing frog at Jabba's Palace in The Empire Strikes Back, but mostly I am a Fan boy.

Tim

Due to the time zone difference, I wold like to post my guess for the next contest now.

TK 421

star-wars-smiley-5472.gif

Due to the time zone difference, I wold like to post my guess for the next contest now.

TK 421

star-wars-smiley-5472.gif

Very friggen good... That was in the running for one of the questions, but didn't make it.

Contest # 2
This is for a spot in the pass !!
First person to post the correct answer wins. 1 guess per person.
GOOD LUCK !!

The jawas make their way to the humble abode of Owen Lars and Beru Whitesun, aunt and uncle of one Luke Skywalker. The intention of the jawas is to sell several droids to this humble little family. Most importantly, it seems, is that they purchase a translator who speaks which language?

Contest # 2
GOOD LUCK !!

The jawas make their way to the humble abode of Owen Lars and Beru Whitesun, aunt and uncle of one Luke Skywalker. The intention of the jawas is to sell several droids to this humble little family. Most importantly, it seems, is that they purchase a translator who speaks which language?

Bocce.

Contest # 2
GOOD LUCK !!

Bocce.

Welcome to the Pass BigJake !!

I'm very new to CP, but I freaking LOVE SW. Would it be ok for me to participate in the next contest?

Ery

A new hope? I thought you were referring to Darth's less famous brother, Chad Vader:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wGR4-SeuJ0

(Be sure to watch all 8 episodes, fairly amusing!)

Chad Vadar is AWESOME !!!!

I'm very new to CP, but I freaking LOVE SW. Would it be ok for me to participate in the next contest?

Ery

Yes, all are welcome to join this pass. As long as you can compete with the sticks involved.

TO ALL:
PLEASE DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS PASS IF YOU CANNOT COMPETE WITH RARITY FOR RARITY AND QUANTITY FOR QUANTITY..

Thanks,
Brian