• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A New Hope Pass

OK, here is the deal. I picked up the pass box from Jim (stepthirteen), Jim and I put it in the back seat of my car, I drove home, carried the box into the living room and opened it up for inspection. The problem with the hinges has already been mentioned. The beads and humi packs where a tad dry so I fixed them up. Good to go on that.

As I started to pull the bags out I noticed a sound like broken glass. Sure enough, the glass tubed of the 1998 Partagas Decades IV - Glass Tube was shattered. Apparently the cigar was not removed and placed in a bag. Oh well. I cleaned it up and placed it in a bag with the correct number. No big deal. Cigar is in great shape.

Now we get to the pass cigars and I first start looking for the sticks I am looking to take. Here is where a problem starts. The numbers are NOT correct and I am going to have to take some time to work this out. Looks like this started to get out of wack a few members back so this is going to take some time. Example: GregSVT list his first P as #63 Partagas Culebra and the page 1 post lists that same stick as #70. See what I am saying?

But no worries. I will get this sorted out tomorrow night. Its going t take a little time for this newb to fix things up but I will. Now I'm going to bed.

My 83 year old father is going under the knife for a pretty major surgery in the morning and I am the taxi so it will be sometime in the evening before I get home so please be patient. Thanks

Mark
Best of luck to your father Mark. Hope everything goes well. Thoughts and prayers will be with him.

I didn't put a Partagas Culebra....Marc Sheldon did. He must have done his numbers based off the list at the time instead of my puts and takes numbers.

Sorry to hear about your father, my thoughts are with him and your family.

I didn't put a Partagas Culebra....Marc Sheldon did. He must have done his numbers based off the list at the time instead of my puts and takes numbers.

Sorry to hear about your father, my thoughts are with him and your family.

My bad Greg, I was not in any way trying to call anyone out or place a blame on anyone. I was just putting in an example of how the numbering was out of wack. My apologies for that comming out wrong.

I am still at the hospital with my father following his surgery but will get right on this when I get home this evening and have this ready for shipping tomorrow. No worries my brothers. It looks like it is only a matter of going through it and re-numbering everything. I will post up the corrected list when done.

Mark

No offense taken, Mark. Hope everything is well.

Mark, hope all goes well with your father, please do not make this a priority. Family always comes first.

Mark, Please look at the #'s on the main page and follow that scheme, you may have to cross a few bags out, but it would be appreciated.

Gonz, time for your P/T's

I will get them up first thing in the morning. :thumbs:

Mark, hope all goes well with your father, please do not make this a priority. Family always comes first.

Mark, Please look at the #'s on the main page and follow that scheme, you may have to cross a few bags out, but it would be appreciated.

Gonz, time for your P/T's

Thanks for you concern brother. Pop's came through like a trooper. That is one tough 83 year old man.

I will only post the numbers of the sticks still remaining and of course I will use the original numbers as much as I can and correct only the ones that need it.

First off thanks to Christian and Brian for helping me through these. So here is the new and approved version of my P/T's

TAKES

#47 WOAM
#64 Tat Frank
#70 Partagas Culebra

PUTS

#78 Tat Black for the WOAM
#79 Cohiba 2006 EL Pyramid (ISOM) for the Tat Frank
#80 Padron 80th Natural for the Partagas Culebra
#81 DPG Black Label Lancero

It's done. Damn, finally. I re-numbered all the sticks to jive with the list on page #1. I printed a NEW list also from page #1 and labeled it. The OLD list has a red VOID on it. Please go by the new list.

I did find one other problem. #33 (Padilla 1932 Pepin Blend Torpedo) was MISSING! I went through this pass with a fine tooth comb and the stick is nowhere to be found. So I replaced it with the DPG Black Label Lancero I had listed as #81. So Andy, please start with #81.

#33 is now a DPG Black Label Lancero

The next number for a Put should be #81

I will get this wrapped up and on the road tomorrow. Here it comes Gonz.

Mark

Mark, good show man. Glad to hear your father is doing well. I hope you enjoyed the pass and happy to see this thing moving along so well. It's coming back to NY soon!

Here's my puts and takes:

Take:
25 Punch Churchill
30 Partagas d Partagas 1
63 Avo 787

Put:
81 Partagas Churchill (‘00)
82 Boli Gold Medal (’07)
83 Hemingway Untold Story
84 Vegeuros Especial No. 2 ('98)

First off thanks to Christian and Brian for helping me through these. So here is the new and approved version of my P/T's

TAKES

#47 WOAM
#64 Tat Frank
#70 Partagas Culebra

PUTS

It's done. Damn, finally. I re-numbered all the sticks to jive with the list on page #1. I printed a NEW list also from page #1 and labeled it. The OLD list has a red VOID on it. Please go by the new list.

I did find one other problem. #33 (Padilla 1932 Pepin Blend Torpedo) was MISSING! I went through this pass with a fine tooth comb and the stick is nowhere to be found. So I replaced it with the DPG Black Label Lancero I had listed as #81. So Andy, please start with #81.

Mark
the padilla never went in. Post 118 and 119

TAKES

#47 WOAM
#64 Tat Frank
#70 Partagas Culebra

PUTS

Mark
the padilla never went in. Post 118 and 119

I am not exactly sure what happened with the Padilla and was only going by the listed sticks from page #1. Not really a big deal since I was throwing in an extra anyway. This was seriously good for me though as it is only my second pass I found it to be somewhat of a challenge and above all a great learning experience. I have another pass sitting here that needs to be gone through and as soon as I get it done I will mail them both and post a DC#. Thanks again for allowing me to be a part of this.

Mark

This is a good example of why it is imperative that every pass participant does a good inventory of the cigars. Not only does it catch issues with incorrect numbering, but it also can catch missing cigars. There's been times in the past where a cigar inadvertently got out of the pass and no one noticed until a couple people down the line, at which point it was a much bigger search trying to find it.

Here's my puts and takes:

Take:
25 Punch Churchill
30 Partagas d Partagas 1
63 Avo 787

Put:
81 Partagas Churchill ('00)
82 Boli Gold Medal ('07)
83 Hemingway Untold Story
84 Vegeuros Especial No. 2 ('98)

P/T's have been approved.