• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A North Texas Herf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, before I start let me say....Welcome to CP OLD man.

Now, back to your questions:
I have been to Cool Rivers and can't see why you wouldn't want to have it there. It is one classy place

You said it right there, For some things, Classy just ain't right, take this herf as a "fer instance"

Sounds more like a trailer park keg party
you might want to figure out how to use emoticons, otherwise we might think you are being serious, and it would be a shame to have to tell you to STFU, seeing as how you are so much my senior :0

Which brings up the next point....
How old are all of you?
All of us are quite old enough, though I dare say that NONE of us are as OLD as you, maybe that is why we are so so "Second Class" and I for one just would not feel comfortable at a snooty (Classy) "nose in the air" Establishment.

I think Wizzards would be great. Though the Tapp Inn in Grapevine would be much more central to the Texas Masses

For a herf of this nature and this many people, classy atmosphere is not something we're striving for. That's not to say any of us lack class... no sir. We just want to be able to have fun and enjoy the company without people sipping their cognacs and martinis giving us dirty looks for not being "up to the establishment."

Tap Inn is always good, but there will be another alternative opening soon in Arlington....Savatinnas, over on Green Oaks/157N, will be able to smoke there and get great cigars too next door at Arlington Cigars, owned by same folks of Ye Olde Grapevine..make a tour there too!! Can be casual, loud and obnoxious there if you want too, or at JGilligans Party Room Arlington too, can be had as visit for VW clubs there and we smoke cigars, eat, drink, dance and be merry too! I want in on this too.....been a DFW Yahoo Club Roaming Herf and it was fun, and would love to meet other cigar enthusiasts. Might could swing a day private membership to their club for however many there will be...anyone interested in that?? Weeknight would be good in that case, as less priv members in the house. I really will help organize too if I am needed....LS :)

Well, before I start let me say....Welcome to CP LS :D (de ja vois, eh?)

Welcome aboard, Arlington is NOT out of the question either. I know the Tapp Inn, so I mentioned it, I really know Wizzards so that was my original thought, but wherever everybody wants to meet up is fine with me. Hell, as far as I am concerned, we could meet in someones Garage as long as there was Gars, Gar Bros and Sistas :D and something that resembles Music, even if I have to bring my Guitar or my Croaky Okee machine. ;)

I don't even need Alchee-hall but I feel sure I would not be against it either :thumbs:

So.....Lady Scarlet.....you know anyone with a Garage needing some new smells added :D

Mr. PuroBrat, I was surprised at your response. I did a little reading about you. You seem to have quite the lip. If you would like me to waddle in the mud, OK:

Before I start, let me say thank you for the welcome Fat man. I figured it’s OK for me to address you as being fat since you feel compelled to address me as being old. I'm ok with being old. Hope you are ok with being fat.

I don't know how to do the little box thing you did with the quoting of me but I will address each of your comments in order.

First, you appear to be confirming that your herf is a classless one. That’s fine with me.

Second, feel free to tell me to STFU, you act like you have some kind of say so as to what I say and how I should say it. haha That was very funny. As I said when I introduced myself here, I am a no nonsense type and have no problem speaking my mind. I also have no problem with you speaking your mind, it usually settles the question of who has a weapon and who doesn't in these discussions.

I'm perplexed with your third comment. Does my age bother you? Your fatness doesn't bother me. Funny that you would even try to associate class with age. You must know little about class. Your assessment of Cool River being a snooty nose in the air establishment is so far from the truth I have to question why you would even say that. I then read your post to Lady Scarlet about "you know anyone with a Garage needing some new smells added". Apparently, looks like a keg party after all. haha

Glad to have waddled in the mud with you Mr. Purobrat.

Pay no attention to PB, Erudition, he has chronic "foot in mouth" disease and tends to swaller his own feet (right up to the knees) as well as the feet of others standing too near. I tend to agree with your assessment of a more upscale establishment but alas, I am anchored firmly on the "right" coast. Talk to Kenny, (Allofus123) he "gets it".

NA

Erudition, I don't know who you are or where you came from, but you've shown no tact in making yourself a welcomed member of this community. If you don't like what we're doing with our herf, then enjoy a nice warm glass of shut up juice and just don't participate. We really don't need another troublemaker to stir the pot around here.

We don't like Cool River for our herf. It's not the kind of place we want to hold our herf. We don't care if our assessment of the place is wrong. I've been to Cool Rivers on numerous occasions... excuse me if I don't think it exactly a party atmosphere. You like the place so much? Go for it. Just don't expect any of us to join you.

Oh I dunno, Phishy, I liked the guy immediately. Anybody that stands up to the hypersensitive prigs around here is okay in my book.

NA

Mr. Fish, not sure why you have your panties all in a wad. My response was made to Mr Brat, who found it nessesary to call me a few names, which I returned in kind. You boys in Texas should know that if you are going to come out shooting prepare to be shot at back.

As far as where you have a herf, if thats what you are calling it, have the time of your life. Looks like all two or three of you and your free picadillo cigars should be a hoot. The karaoke machine would be a good touch.

As far as making myself welcome, I offered to come to what I thought was a herf if I was in town and mentioned I'd been to a place, Cool River, and it was a classy place. A simple we're not having a classy herf would have had me moving on. Instead, this Brat guy thought it would be fun to poke at an old guy? Somehow I don't think you two are on the welcome commitee.

You two have fun. I'm going to crawl out of the mud now, I'm wasting my time.

You don't like what you see? Get the hell on out.

Because we voted down your "classy" selection, you think we're having a trailer park kegger? You might want to check yourself before you go running your mouth off again. As for PB calling you names, wah wah wah. What are you... 5 years old again? I believe "OLD" is a decriptive term... not a derogatory name, unless you feel it is such. If you can't take a joke, then you probably don't need to be hanging around here anyways. Then for that, I feel truly sorry for you.

Please, crawl yourself out of the mud... and back into that hole where you came from. Yes, stop wasting your time... and ours as well.

Oh Gawd. This is great. Erudition, you may waste MY time on this thread, at least till the cops show up. You said nothing originally to warrant this sort of behavior from the faithful so you have at least 2 friends here. :D

NA

Thank you Sam, I'm not a lot concerned with whos on my side, just calling it like I see it but do appreciate it. Funny, I've had several people here express your same sentiment. haha

I was given some sound advice about name calling being a no no here. I can understand that. I would even agree to abide by that but then I remembered what Fishy said about the word OLD being a decriptive term, wouldn't that also make FAT a decriptive term? Just calling the Fish on his inept attempt to think I can't take a joke when something is indeed meant as a joke.

Fish, no, I do not think you two are having a trailer park kegger because you vote against a classy place. I think that because of other things that were said like "you know anyone with a Garage needing some new smells added" and "if I have to bring my Guitar or my Croaky Okee machine". Not sure why you are so offended, nothing wrong with that. In fact, why not record the whole herf. Would love to see what a great time I'll be missing just to show you how good I really am at taking a joke.

So who do you think needs thick skin? haha I now understand what the thread about -getting it- meant.

Wow, imagine my surprse when I'm doing a little catching up and seeing all this crap.

First off, PB - let me commend you. You were warned in the past about a future outburt and you have held your tongue well when I'm sure all you want to do is blast this twerp. Keep up the good work.

Erudition, I think I speak for a few of the higher ups when I say that you need to calm down and stop trying to stir up trouble. Yeah yeah, he called you old. So what! Correct me if I'm wrong, but by your profile, you were born May 30, 1945. that makes you almost as old as my mother. Guess what, that makes you old - live with it.
Feel free to respond however you wish, but consider yourself warned - CP is starting to clean itself up, and we're not going to put up with trolls who just come to fan the flames.

Dave "and I'm the nice guy!" Frank ;)

Erudition2000> yes sir, I am fat, I think that is a well established fact. At 6''1 and 330 lbs, I guess one could say when my beeper goes off, people are afraid to stand behind me :p

I have no problems with you or with Cool Rivers, What I aid was TIC. It just is not the kind of place where I can afford to go, and for that reason would not be a place i could get "Comfortable" in. I hope you didn't take Offence at my post, as I meant none.

I feel sure I speak for the whole Texas group:
If you happen to be in town when we do get this Kegger going LOL :D , drop by and have a smoke with us, we would love to get to know another CPer.

Oh yeah, I forgot. No the scooter is not mine, I wish it were. Fatso like me has GOT to have a BIG BIG Bike :p

PB, I am glad to see this last post of yours as it is very positive, unlike your original post to Erudition. I can't say that I would of responded much different since your first post to Erudition was very attacking. Hopefully alls well that ends well.

Erudition, if you ever make it down Houston way let me know.

Dave, PM coming to you.

vewyphishy said:
Because we voted down your "classy" selection, you think we're having a trailer park kegger? You might want to check yourself before you go running your mouth off again. As for PB calling you names, wah wah wah. What are you... 5 years old again? I believe "OLD" is a decriptive term... not a derogatory name, unless you feel it is such.
Actually, it appears to me that first blood drawn, and the first mention of "old", was done by Erudition2000. Before anyone said anything remotely negative, on the last post of the 4th page...

Erudition2000 said:
Too upscale? Want to be loud and obnoxious? Sounds more like a trailer park keg party. How old are all of you?

It appears PuroBrat took exception to this characterization of the herf, and the age/maturity of those involved, and played off of Erudition2000's "old" assertion when he called Erudition2000 an old man.

So, fair's fair in my book. Intentionally or not, Erudition2000 took the gloves off. This goes beyond speaking your mind, and rather into insulting, unless it was intended as a joke.

moki said:
.........unless it was intended as a joke.
I had interpeted that as a joke, and pretty darn funny at that, but I would agree it could have been viewed differently. Oh well, nothing like making a splash around here.....LOL!

Just have your herf and STFU. This petty, bullsh*t, arguing reminds me of my four year olds. I come here to get away from their sh*t. If someone offends you, tell 'em so, by PM, or ignore the fuzznuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.