• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A question about Whale Wars TV show.

Well personally I think it is funny also but I do see some points the capt is thinking. The Japanese are taking far more then they are allowed yearly for what they say is research. But actually it is sent to the market trade for consumption by humans. They also use it for many other things but the prior seems to pay the most per pound. If they would take only what they are allowed he wouldnt be doing what he is doing. Trust me I am far from a tree hugger, I believe in PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) also.

What I do believe in every living thing from the smallest microbe to the largest living thing has its purpose, if one of those may happen to perish then it is possible for things above or below it to follow suite and it may turn out bad. We have no idea what living thing plays to what in the whole evolutionary circle, and if something dies what affect will it do to us. For instance the honey-bee they are dying like crazy to something that nobody has found the answer to that. They pollinate the foods we eat on a daily basis and if all those die off which is projected to be about 2035 we can possibly kiss our asses goodbye. Who knows something that died off cause we got rid of its habit lived off another thing that lived off that thing, that lived of that yadda yadda yadda to finally killed the thing that in turn now has to live off the honey bee to live.

That is merely my thought about it, it sounds like a good theory in essence.

Rich

I would love to try a whale steak and some ground seal someday :D
Go to Norway. They love that stuff. My wife is from Norway and takes no BS when the discussion turns to saving the whales.

Damn it. Haven't you all seen Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home? Have we learned nothing of the intelligence and space traveling abilities of whales??? Those "stoners at sea" are preventing us from teetering on the brink of interstellar war!!! God Bless them.

Well personally I think it is funny also but I do see some points the capt is thinking. The Jap's are taking far more then they are allowed yearly for what they say is research. But actually it is sent to the market trade for consumption by humans. They also use it for many other things but the prior seems to pay the most per pound. If they would take only what they are allowed he wouldnt be doing what he is doing. Trust me I am far from a tree hugger, I believe in PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) also.

What I do believe in every living thing from the smallest microbe to the largest living thing has its purpose, if one of those may happen to perish then it is possible for things above or below it to follow suite and it may turn out bad. We have no idea what living thing plays to what in the whole evolutionary circle, and if something dies what affect will it do to us. For instance the honey-bee they are dying like crazy to something that nobody has found the answer to that. They pollinate the foods we eat on a daily basis and if all those die off which is projected to be about 2035 we can possibly kiss our asses goodbye. Who knows something that died off cause we got rid of its habit lived off another thing that lived off that thing, that lived of that yadda yadda yadda to finally killed the thing that in turn now has to live off the honey bee to live.

Rich

I've read this twice and I haven't a clue as to what you are trying to say other than your usage of the word Jap. That came through loud and clear.

Well personally I think it is funny also but I do see some points the capt is thinking. The Jap's are taking far more then they are allowed yearly for what they say is research. But actually it is sent to the market trade for consumption by humans. They also use it for many other things but the prior seems to pay the most per pound. If they would take only what they are allowed he wouldnt be doing what he is doing. Trust me I am far from a tree hugger, I believe in PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) also.

Rich

I've read this twice and I haven't a clue as to what you are trying to say other than your usage of the word Jap. That came through loud and clear.

I didn't even try to make sense of it. I stopped as soon as the slur was thrown out there.

Rich, you may not realize how offensive that word can be to some people. I politely suggest that you refrain from such slurs in the future. CP tries to be welcoming to all types of people, slurring an entire ethnic group hurts that effort.

I re-edited it since I didnt think that word which I used as a shortened version of the whole word would of been offensive. If I meant to be offensive which I wasnt, there is far worse words then that which are offensive. And as far as not being able to understand what I wrote that I have no control on. I think it was pretty straight and to the point but I guess cause I put in 1 word that got some in a tizzy the rest of my statement didnt make sense.

Rich

IMG00413-20100522-1505.jpg

I re-edited it since I didnt think that word which I used as a shortened version of the whole word would of been offensive. If I meant to be offensive which I wasnt, there is far worse words then that which are offensive. And as far as not being able to understand what I wrote that I have no control on. I think it was pretty straight and to the point but I guess cause I put in 1 word that got some in a tizzy the rest of my statement didnt make sense.

Rich

I certainly appreciate you living up to my expectations.

Doc.

Rich

Cigarpass is a diverse community. If you do not understand why your original post was offensive , then this may not be the best place for you to participate.

Read more, post less.

Rich, I'd word your next reply very carefully. Just some friendly advice.

As to the topic of this thread, how the hell is this even a show? Are these guys only targeting ships that are whaling beyond the legal limit? How do they know if they are? Or are these just another bunch of idiots who burn SUV's in the name of good intentions?

Methinks this thread is a ticking time bomb.

Rich, I'd word your next reply very carefully. Just some friendly advice.

As to the topic of this thread, how the hell is this even a show? Are these guys only targeting ships that are whaling beyond the legal limit? How do they know if they are? Or are these just another bunch of idiots who burn SUV's in the name of good intentions?

Methinks this thread is a ticking time bomb.

Nah, they're protesting whaling in general. Basically whaling is allowed under the guise of scientific research, but all of the meat has to be "used", in this case sold.

Interesting. I guess I don't really know enough about it to really draw an educated opinion on the topic of whaling. I still don't see how this is a show, but then again I shake my head at a lot of the stuff on TV. I'll never understand shows like those ones where they stick a group of young adults (and I use that term very, very loosely) in a house and make them all live together.

I'd rather watch Bear Grylls. Most of it may be staged, but at least I learn something other than the fact that humanity is going down the toilet.

Interesting. I guess I don't really know enough about it to really draw an educated opinion on the topic of whaling. I still don't see how this is a show, but then again I shake my head at a lot of the stuff on TV. I'll never understand shows like those ones where they stick a group of young adults (and I use that term very, very loosely) in a house and make them all live together.

I'd rather watch Bear Grylls. Most of it may be staged, but at least I learn something other than the fact that humanity is going down the toilet.

You'd learn more in one Survivorman rerun than every episode of Man vs Wild combined.

True, but I don't like the guy on survivorman. Bear cracks me up.

I'll see if I can help you out Clint...

Well Personally, I think it is funny, also but I do see some points the Capt. is thinking. The Jap's Japanese whalers are taking far more than they are allowed yearly for what they say is "research," when actually it is sent to the market trade for consumption by humans. They The Japanese whalers also use it for many other things, but the prior seems to pay the most per pound. If they would take only what they are allowed, he the Captain wouldn't be doing what he is doing. Trust me, I am far from a tree hugger, as I believe in PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).

What While I do believe in every living thing, from the smallest microbe to the largest living thing, has its purpose, if one of those may happen to perish, then it is possible for things above or below it to follow suite. and it may turn out bad. We have no idea what living thing plays to what in the whole evolutionary circle. and If something dies, what effect will it do to us? For instance, the honey-bee they are dying like crazy to something that nobody has found the answer to that. They pollinate the foods we eat on a daily basis and if all those die off, which is projected to be about 2035, we can possibly kiss our asses goodbye. Who knows? Something that died off because we got rid of its habitat may have lived off of another thing, that lived off of that thing(?), that lived off of that thing, etc.,yadda yadda yadda to finally killing off the thing that in turn now has to live off the honey bee to live.

That is merely my thought about it. It sounds like a good theory in essence.

Rich

Like I said Clint, I tried. I'm no miracle worker, but I tried.

You are an idiot. And what you wrote did not make sense. Everything you have ever written on this forum has NEVER made sense! It is almost like you are typing on your keyboard with your hands tied behind your back, facedown on the floor, with your ass in the air, and you're donkey-kicking the keyboard that's strapped to a wall behind you covered in peanut butter. Now think of how ridiculous that situation is, becuase that is how ridiculous you sound 99% of the time. Go pick up "Grammar For Dummies" from Barnes and Noble for yourself. I'll even send you the money.

While you're at it, pick up a book on tolerance and give yourself some education.

I'll see if I can help you out Clint...

Well Personally, I think it is funny, also but I do see some points the Capt. is thinking. The Jap's Japanese whalers are taking far more than they are allowed yearly for what they say is "research," when actually it is sent to the market trade for consumption by humans. They The Japanese whalers also use it for many other things, but the prior seems to pay the most per pound. If they would take only what they are allowed, he the Captain wouldn't be doing what he is doing. Trust me, I am far from a tree hugger, as I believe in PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).

What While I do believe in every living thing, from the smallest microbe to the largest living thing, has its purpose, if one of those may happen to perish, then it is possible for things above or below it to follow suite. and it may turn out bad. We have no idea what living thing plays to what in the whole evolutionary circle. and If something dies, what effect will it do to us? For instance, the honey-bee they are dying like crazy to something that nobody has found the answer to that. They pollinate the foods we eat on a daily basis and if all those die off, which is projected to be about 2035, we can possibly kiss our asses goodbye. Who knows? Something that died off because we got rid of its habitat may have lived off of another thing, that lived off of that thing(?), that lived off of that thing, etc.,yadda yadda yadda to finally killing off the thing that in turn now has to live off the honey bee to live.

That is merely my thought about it. It sounds like a good theory in essence.

Rich

Like I said Clint, I tried. I'm no miracle worker, but I tried.

You are an idiot. And what you wrote did not make sense. Everything you have ever written on this forum has NEVER made sense! It is almost like you are typing on your keyboard with your hands tied behind your back, facedown on the floor, with your ass in the air, and you're donkey-kicking the keyboard that's strapped to a wall behind you covered in peanut butter. Now think of how ridiculous that situation is, becuase that is how ridiculous you sound 99% of the time. Go pick up "Grammar For Dummies" from Barnes and Noble for yourself. I'll even send you the money.

While you're at it, pick up a book on tolerance and give yourself some education.

:0 :laugh: :0 :laugh:
Souldog you are off the chain :laugh:

Hold on he's trying to get up... BRICK!!!!