• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Thank You from the Ellington CT BOTL

neilg

Lady’s & Gentleman,

I want to express my sincere thanks to all of you that have reached out to help our family during this tragic time. Some of you may have heard that we lost our home to a fire on Thursday December 27. Although we are starting to heal and get normalcy back into our lives the early morning of December 27 will forever be ingrained in our memory. The fire started at 2:00 am and I thank god I awoke to the noise and was able to wake my family and get out of the house. It was a paralyzing sight standing in my driveway and seeing everything we owned and worked for all of our lives disappear in flames and ashes. One of the hardest things that morning was knowing our three cats were trapped in the house as we watched our house burn to the ground.

The community that we live has been wonderful and made sure we were all safe, clothed, fed and that our needs were being met. The CP Community went above and beyond anything I could ever imagine. I frequent The Tobacco Shop in Hartford and Jim D and his wife Maryellen’s generosity has been overwhelming. Then Gary came along and told me that they were going to have an on-line auction for our benefit. I told Gary that I really appreciated the thought, but the gesture was not necessary. Anyway, he did not listen and proceeded to contact many of you. Well, three weeks later I cannot believe the overwhelming out cry of support from my fellow “BOTL” I want to personally thank the Anonymous donors from CP & CF, Tone-NY, puffstuff, JimD, Sm0kinmama(on CF),Grateful1, IgwanaRob and Headstrong for donating items for the auctions. Many of you went above and beyond the call of duty and from the bottom of our hearts we thank you.
We also want to recognize the generous “BOTL’s” that purchased items from the auctions. They are Audilicious, Altercall, Brian “Infinity”, Anthony, Scott “Lkyman”, Cparker, Sinnyc ,Dustin “Sportsdls”, Brian “Jonesy”, LouieD, Strayvector, Tator, Lordlister, Puffstuff and Ernie111. Many of your bids outweighed the price of the cigars and we are astonished and grateful for your generosity. (I certaintly hope I did not leave anyone out, if I did know that we are thankful)

In closing I want to say that your donations will be spent on the kids and the rest will be put into savings for items that the insurance does not cover. Although, I can’t deny, that I may use a little of the money to replenish a few cigars that I lost. I hope someday our paths will cross and I can thank each and every one of you in person. From Shannon (4), Derek (12) and Sarah and Neil we thank you for your thoughtfulness and generosity during this difficult time for our family.
All the best,
The Gaer Family

Welcome to our community, Neil. From my family to yours, we wish you the best of luck recovering from this setback.

Welcome. God bless and God speed you and your family on the road to becoming whole again.

Wilkey

Neil, you're welcome. I'm glad you made it over here to our humble little community, welcome. I wish you and your family the very best and if I can help in any way please let me know.

Al

Neil,

I'm glad everyone is well and that you made it on to CP.
The effort on my part was minimal - as I said when we spoke, the generosity took on a life of its own.
It was a pleasure to help where I could.

Gary

Neil,

You are welcome. All the best to you and your family, for you still have each other!

Regards

Anthony

Thanks for the note Neal.

My wife and I wish you and yours well and hope that soon this can be put behind you.

Brian

Hi Neil,

Welcome to CP!

That night must have been beyond horrible and we're all glad that you and your family are OK. I know were are happy to have been able to help you out, even if it was just a bit.

As for cigars you lost, well; at least those can be replaced. Once things have settled down for you and you acquire a new humidor, just drop me a PM and I'll send you a little something to help you restock. I suspect you'll get the same response from others here as well. I have never encountered a place on the Web with more good will and generosity than Cigar Pass.

Best of luck to you and your family, Neil. Stay in touch.

- Tim

Neil,
I am glad the cigar community came together for you!
Sorry about the loss of your kitties!

-Rob

PS. PM me your addy, what kind of smokes you like and I'll send you some sticks!

Once things have settled down for you and you acquire a new humidor, just drop me a PM and I'll send you a little something to help you restock.

PM me your addy, what kind of smokes you like and I'll send you some sticks!

I've got a desktop humi I don't use anymore that is yours if you want it Neil. It's not much, but it would be a start. I might be able to find couple sticks to put in there too... :whistling:

PM me your addy if you want it.

Welcome to CP

All,
We are overwhelmed and humbled by all of your donations. In total we deposited $5,105.00 in the bank. All we can say is WOW.
Thank you,
The Gaer Family

Welcome Neil! :thumbs:

I haven't been around as much as I would have liked and I'm sorry I missed the auctions. :(

Great to have you here at CP!

Welcome to CP!

Sorry to hear of the misfortune. I can't imagine it.

Glad that we could help.

Welcome Neil.

I am glad that we could do something to help you and your family.

Many thanks to Gary for putting this together.

As Rob and Tim said, PM me your addy when you've got a humi and I'll send you a little something to help fill up the space.

Best Regards,

Lou