• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Add quality, not quantity to CP

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week.
Which is the way he wants it.
Well, he gets it.
And I don't like it any more than you men.

blah, blah, blah........

Todd call me when you have time........ have some website info.....

You're going to have to email me your 900 number again.
Here you go:

1-900-HOT-BOYZ

Wilkey

Wilkey...when I read this I laughed so loud I think I woke up the wife and the dog!

I entirely agree with Rod. At times, this site seems to just collect clutter with the occasional thread that is tremendously conducive. I do enjoy being a part of this community. Search is usually your friend. 100 posts doesn't mean you're a loser. I could care less about post padding-as I figure, I am not all-knowing, so why should I post a whole bunch of crap if I'm not even sure what I'm talking about? If I can help, I will help. If I cannot, I will absorb. I have learned in the past that in multitudes of words....I will eventually stick my foot in my own mouth. Thank you to those who make this place constructive and instrumental.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week.
Which is the way he wants it.
Well, he gets it.
And I don't like it any more than you men.
"Come on up outta there son"

NA

Talking about putzes and tools, Rod makes an announcement and you try to turn it into a joke and then make it a crusade? Why would you not think that people would gang up on you? Grow up and stop being a putz and a tool.
If you would've seen the post from the beginning, CC was the first to reply with simply a " :thumbs: " but then once he saw my post, didn't have the balls to leave it and went back in to change it to add what he felt was useful text. But of course at that point he saw an opportunity to start another issue by making himself look better at my expense, which is fine. So maybe if you saw the ACTUAL post from the beginning, you'd have a clue as to what you were talking about. So maybe you should take some of your own advice and "grow up and stop being a putz and a tool." :thumbs:

:rolleyes:

I did NOT see your post and then go back and change it as you wrongly stated. You have a track record here of shooting your mouth off, losing your temper and being stupid and quite frankly, I continue to find it extremely annoying. :angry:

When you're viewing a thread and you see someone's screen name down at the bottom in italics, that means they ARE EDITING their post. I can't honestly believe that you don't already know this. Okay, if you DON'T know this then you're not very bright BUT if you DO know this then the only logical conclusion is that once again, you are being nothing but a trouble making, baiting troll with the lies you just posted here.

Here's the REAL STORY contrary to the volusinator's fairy tale version:

I made my initial " :thumbs: " post at 1:48 AM EST and at the time, I was the ONLY person viewing the thread, you were not here yet. However, almost immediately after I made the post, I started thinking to myself that Rod may not appreciate my humor so I thought it would be prudent to add some content to my post. I clicked the "edit" button and added some words to the post. Many times, it takes me a while to think about what I want to say so I struggled for four to five minutes and posted my edited post at 1:53 AM EST. I then proofread my post and left the thread. I NEVER saw your post (the #3 post in this thread) until today.

You made your post at 1:50 AM EST and during THAT WHOLE TIME my screen name was in italics meaning that I was editing my post which also means that I had no knowledge whatsoever of the existance of your post.

Once again, you caused YOU OWN problems and try and blame others for it.

You are a black mark on this board. It isn't just "five" of us who think you're an ass.....

When you're viewing a thread and you see someone's screen name down at the bottom in italics, that means they ARE EDITING their post.
I honestly had no idea why sometimes names are in italics. I've noticed it, but never really searched for the answer as to why as it just never was really that big of a deal to me to find out why. Good information though, now I know!

It is actually making a post or editing it. So if you hit reply then your name would show up in italics for the rest of us.

When you're viewing a thread and you see someone's screen name down at the bottom in italics, that means they ARE EDITING their post. I can't honestly believe that you don't already know this. Okay, if you DON'T know this then you're not very bright BUT if you DO know this then the only logical conclusion is that once again, you are being nothing but a trouble making, baiting troll with the lies you just posted here.

Talking about putzes and tools, Rod makes an announcement and you try to turn it into a joke and then make it a crusade? Why would you not think that people would gang up on you? Grow up and stop being a putz and a tool.
If you would've seen the post from the beginning, CC was the first to reply with simply a " :thumbs: " but then once he saw my post, didn't have the balls to leave it and went back in to change it to add what he felt was useful text. But of course at that point he saw an opportunity to start another issue by making himself look better at my expense, which is fine. So maybe if you saw the ACTUAL post from the beginning, you'd have a clue as to what you were talking about. So maybe you should take some of your own advice and "grow up and stop being a putz and a tool." :thumbs:

:rolleyes:

I did NOT see your post and then go back and change it as you wrongly stated. You have a track record here of shooting your mouth off, losing your temper and being stupid and quite frankly, I continue to find it extremely annoying. :angry:

Here's the REAL STORY contrary to the volusinator's fairy tale version:

I made my initial " :thumbs: " post at 1:48 AM EST and at the time, I was the ONLY person viewing the thread, you were not here yet. However, almost immediately after I made the post, I started thinking to myself that Rod may not appreciate my humor so I thought it would be prudent to add some content to my post. I clicked the "edit" button and added some words to the post. Many times, it takes me a while to think about what I want to say so I struggled for four to five minutes and posted my edited post at 1:53 AM EST. I then proofread my post and left the thread. I NEVER saw your post (the #3 post in this thread) until today.

You made your post at 1:50 AM EST and during THAT WHOLE TIME my screen name was in italics meaning that I was editing my post which also means that I had no knowledge whatsoever of the existance of your post.

Once again, you caused YOU OWN problems and try and blame others for it.

You are a black mark on this board. It isn't just "five" of us who think you're an ass.....

Glad you cleared that up!

Relax, Bill! I doubt whether there 2 other members here who give a shit why you edited your post, and neither of them was curious enough to ask. Those shallow enough to think ill of you for editing need to get to know you a bit better. Did you think one of your friends looked at that and thought "sheesh"?

You are correct in that Wade caused his own problems. FWIW, I think that, aside from those who earn a living selling items here, Brothers should refrain from anything beyond recovering cost. I'll add that he probably still doesn't understand why he was challenged in the first place. Aside from a few rash comments, the drama was an entertaining diversion. I'm really starting to appreciate Neal, MMM, and others who still have a lot to teach me - and not just about cigars.

Black mark? Nah! You should try not to think in absolutes. I think even Rod holds hope for him, or he would have banned or suspended him. I didn't think negatively about your edit, nor did anyone here who matters to you. If being an ass constitutes a black mark, MattR needs to shut the lights off on his way out.

Contrary to what you say, Bruce - I sincerely hope that "recovering costs" will not become the standard here. That's exactly why a few people (and one in particular) have had problems... ;)

It is actually making a post or editing it. So if you hit reply then your name would show up in italics for the rest of us.

Thank you AVB, I was only half right.

Contrary to what you say, Bruce - I sincerely hope that "recovering costs" will not become the standard here. That's exactly why a few people (and one in particular) have had problems... ;)

Nah, I'm only referring to cigars. I made hard drive clocks for years and was offered good money for them. I took my value from the fun I had making them and the joy of giving them away. I think it's acceptable and quite routine when Brothers sell off sticks, so long as there is no gouging. Group buys are a whole different category. The motivation is different.

Nah, I'm only referring to cigars. I made hard drive clocks for years and was offered good money for them. I took my value from the fun I had making them and the joy of giving them away. I think it's acceptable and quite routine when Brothers sell off sticks, so long as there is no gouging. Group buys are a whole different category. The motivation is different.

???

Did you say something here? I can't pick it out...

Edited to add:

Hang on a sec - let me take a stab at it...

Alright - so you made "hard drive" clocks (similar to Cigar Box Clocks[sup]©[/sup])and enjoyed making them and passed them along free of charge, gratus, with no expectation of anything in return. Your only satisfaction was the joy in making them and the fuzzy warm feeling you got from giving them away.

Now - the next part says it's okay for other good standing members to sell their cigars, as long as they're not gouging for it.

Group buys, now - you can gouge because it's a whole different category.

...or is it you can "recover your costs" from the different category called "group buys", but not selling your stash or making and sending clocks[sup]©[/sup] ?

...Hmmm... Maybe it's you can recover your costs for sending clocks[sup]© [/sup]as long as you're a brother selling cigars too...

Nope... Nope - you said you were referring to cigars so it's not okay to "recover your costs" on the clocks[sup]© [/sup]...

Oh, crap - never mind. I nearly thought I had it, and slipped again towards the end...

Carry on!

I am a post whore, I know. :blush: But I do try to add some good content too. I am now feeling guilty about the post padding that I was purposly doing since this thread started. I did not see this thread til today. Let me apologize for that Rod. I even started a "Post Whore" thread. :blush:

As far as small worded replies. I for one appreciate comments made on my reviews. I try hard to do a good job on them for all here to enjoy. I like to see people reply to them even if it is a simple :thumbs: . I don't know, it kind of makes me feel appreciated. :thumbs:

Oh God! :0 I am making myself sick! My counseling appt was last night! I didn't even know about these feelings I have! :laugh: :laugh:

But I aggree with the FOGs here as to how some people need to STFU. :D

edit to add: When I 1st saw the thread title I KNEW that I was GUILTY!! :(

Alan,

IMO, you're one guy who need not worry about the quality/quantity thing. You've brought plenty to CigarPass and I appreciate your contributions.

Wilkey

Glad you cleared that up!

Relax, Bill! I doubt whether there 2 other members here who give a shit why you edited your post, and neither of them was curious enough to ask. Those shallow enough to think ill of you for editing need to get to know you a bit better. Did you think one of your friends looked at that and thought "sheesh"?

You are correct in that Wade caused his own problems. FWIW, I think that, aside from those who earn a living selling items here, Brothers should refrain from anything beyond recovering cost. I'll add that he probably still doesn't understand why he was challenged in the first place. Aside from a few rash comments, the drama was an entertaining diversion. I'm really starting to appreciate Neal, MMM, and others who still have a lot to teach me - and not just about cigars.

Black mark? Nah! You should try not to think in absolutes. I think even Rod holds hope for him, or he would have banned or suspended him. I didn't think negatively about your edit, nor did anyone here who matters to you. If being an ass constitutes a black mark, MattR needs to shut the lights off on his way out.

For those who are already predisposed to looking at me in a negative light, volusinator's false statements would have been more fodder for them had I left them unrefuted. As an added bonus by him opening his mouth, he made himself look he was 1) ignorant or 2) baiting and trolling.

Ya know what would have worked out best? If he had NOT posted anything in the first place. Maybe he'll figure that out someday......

Oh and nullsmurf, I too like George am confused and befuddled by your statement:
First off, what the heck is a "hard drive clock" and what do you mean by group buys being a "whole different category?" ???

I don't know that you should draw that conclusion based upon what Rod did/did not do.

The hallucinator[sup]©[/sup] is who he is - and given what's happened here he's unlikely to change. I believe you've even eluded to that in some of your posts.

Which bring us full circle... ;)

I am a post whore, I know. :blush: But I do try to add some good content too. blah blah blah

As far as small worded replies. I for one appreciate comments made on my reviews. I try hard to do a good job on them for all here to enjoy. I like to see people reply to them even if it is a simple :thumbs: . I don't know, it kind of makes me feel appreciated. :thumbs:

blah blah blah

The vintage cigar reviews are unique , and destined for the archives, atuck. Those make up for all your other annoying posts... ;) :whistling:

Forgive me for stating poorly. As I reconsider, the sale of item(s), whether as a group buy, a sampler, making room for other stuff, or for whatever the reason should not be for more than the cost of the item.

A hard drive clock is the same as a cigar box clock. Its made using the body of a computer (hard) disk drive with a cheap quartz movement. Would you like one?

For those who are already predisposed to looking at me in a negative light, volusinator's false statements would have been more fodder for them had I left them unrefuted. As an added bonus by him opening his mouth, he made himself look he was 1) ignorant or 2) baiting and trolling.

Touche. However, I hope you don't include me in the predisposed group.

Forgive me for stating poorly. As I reconsider, the sale of item(s), whether as a group buy, a sampler, making room for other stuff, or for whatever the reason should not be for more than the cost of the item.

A hard drive clock is the same as a cigar box clock. Its made using the body of a computer (hard) disk drive with a cheap quartz movement. Would you like one?

For those who are already predisposed to looking at me in a negative light, volusinator's false statements would have been more fodder for them had I left them unrefuted. As an added bonus by him opening his mouth, he made himself look like he was 1) ignorant or 2) baiting and trolling.

Touche. However, I hope you don't include me in the predisposed group.

Ah, thanks for the explanation and the offer of one but I've got as many clocks as I need at the moment! I'm still struggling imagining how you remove the guts of an old hard drive and configure it as a clock. I have removed and replaced a couple of hard drives in my day and I just don't picture it in my mind very well. Would it be possible for you to post a picture on one of those?

No. The group I have in mind are the MANY new guys here who don't know me very well but could potentially be swayed by various members of my "fan club" who would point to volusinator's misinformation and say "See, I told you that CC86 is an asshole, see where he purposefully set poor ole wade up? I told you he was a dick, there's the proof right there!"

"See, I told you that CC86 is an asshole, see where he purposefully set poor ole wade up? I told you he was a dick, there's the proof right there!"

How did you get access to my PMs?!? :angry:

:sign: i kid... i kid...

"See, I told you that CC86 is an asshole, see where he purposefully set poor ole wade up? I told you he was a dick, there's the proof right there!"

How did you get access to my PMs?!? :angry:

:sign: i kid... i kid...

:laugh:

I've just been around too long and have seen this kind of stuff go on before. The most recent case being less than only a week ago on another site....... :whistling: