• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Adventures In Home Inspection (Some May Be NSFW)

I did write it up. I didn’t tell him I was. Last thing I want to do is argue with some plumber wannabe…

Been seeing a lot of Black Widow spiders this year.

View attachment 57093
We have them everywhere in the Central Valley of CA. You can tell a widow web from other spider webs when you run into them too. I'm sure it's quite comical to see me do the ... AHHHHH.... I THINK I GOT A WINDOW ON ME dance? I mean I'm more liable to end up in the ER from throwing out my back or losing my balance and falling , breaking a hip... than the spider bite.

ETC: WINDOW = WIDOW
Shad up Jeff ...

Last edited:
We have them everywhere in the Central Valley of CA. You can tell a widow web from other spider webs when you run into them too. I'm sure it's quite comical to see me do the ... AHHHHH.... I THINK I GOT A WINDOW ON ME dance? I mean I'm more liable to end up in the ER from throwing out my back or losing my balance and falling , breaking a hip... than the spider bite.
I call it “instant karate master” walking through a spider web.

My daughter Charleigh has been working for me the last two weeks to earn money before she goes back to college. She came outside last week saying she was traumatized by something she found inside the home on the basement floor. Turned out to be a female Hercules Beetle. They are pretty huge, but harmless. This one turned out to be pretty social and loves to be handled. By the end of the inspection she had learned what it likes to eat, and how to create a mini habitat for it. They live about 6 months on average and HercuLisa is now a pet. She can down an overripe banana or peach like nobody’s business, and I have to admit, she is cool and has quite the personality.
498ABB6A-F025-45C3-A8F7-7280ED1184DB.jpegA27F557D-7A7B-49F1-92EB-33D036202BAC.jpeg0B32EE06-48D6-4221-BF4E-7E428DF8AF66.jpeg

ETC: WINDOW = WIDOW
Shad up Jeff ...
Wait for it????????

1658153965145.png

Homeowner was really impressed that I found his panic room. I knew something in the basement didn’t add up size wise, but was not expecting this. I told my clients it would also make a perfectly functional sauna if they added the electric hot lava rocks. They had no idea that the room was there. The seller didn’t advertise it in the listing for obvious reasons.

63F40621-39D8-45E1-B73D-2EB8CC68EC05.jpegF37FDAF2-2109-482D-9E07-03B136034802.jpegD684B20B-FF0B-4213-8259-3266202C9636.jpeg

Homeowner was really impressed that I found his panic room. I knew something in the basement didn’t add up size wise, but was not expecting this. I told my clients it would also make a perfectly functional sauna if they added the electric hot lava rocks. They had no idea that the room was there. The seller didn’t advertise it in the listing for obvious reasons.

View attachment 58707View attachment 58708View attachment 58709
Depending what material it’s made of could def be used as a sauna if there is an outside vent. Otherwise it could be quite disastrous

Depending what material it’s made of could def be used as a sauna if there is an outside vent. Otherwise it could be quite disastrous
I mentioned the same. According to the homeowner, every opening except for the entrance was insulated and then sealed on top of the insulation with a 90 mil pvc membrane. I didn’t really understand how, but all of the cedar walls/ceiling was installed free floating so no fasteners pierced the membrane. This will prevent any issue with the heat produced by the sauna, or if someone ladles water on the lava rocks and suddenly increases the heat and humidity levels in the room.

View attachment 58707View attachment 58708View attachment 58709
That's pretty sweet!

Some of the shit you find in the homes you @jfields inspect were probably done by idiots like this clown!View attachment 58816
What's wrong with that Tom? He's got it anchored to the ground, supported in the middle, and tied down to avoid bouncing. 👍

Although I don't quite get why he fully extended the ladder to go up to a 9 foot roof?