• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Adventures In Home Inspection (Some May Be NSFW)

I mean…. If there’s a bidet on the toilet, that’s not a terrible idea to hook it up to the hot water
Having fun explaining to the nurse in the er that’s spreading silvadene on your asshole at 3am, what a smart idea that was…

Hey John... what kind of cable snake like camera set up do you have for sewer line and duct/chimeny inspection? Any recommendations for a general purpose one and not a professional industrial model. Inexpensive but works being the key operative. Are the $89 dollar set ups on Amazon a waste?

ETA: I have a clogged sewer line that I'm having trouble getting a drain auger to clear.

Every once in a while I run into someone who has watched too much HGTV and has decided to become a property flip tycoon. You know! The one who thinks he’s a contractor, but can barely figure out how to tie his shoes. Yesterday I spent about and hour and a half extra on my last home thanks to this guy. So many things like outlets wired backwards, plumbing leaks, and weird electrical splices/illegal tapping. But two of the moronic things he did really stood out. One was him using a mylar dryer duct to repair a section of a plumbing vent in the attic. He used exterior window flashing tape to seal the ends. The other was him connecting the upstairs toilet to the hot water supply.
View attachment 63513View attachment 63514
What most people won’t think about is the bacteria that will grow in that temperature of water sitting in that tank.

Hey John... what kind of cable snake like camera set up do you have for sewer line and duct/chimeny inspection? Any recommendations for a general purpose one and not a professional industrial model. Inexpensive but works being the key operative. Are the $89 dollar set ups on Amazon a waste?

ETA: I have a clogged sewer line that I'm having trouble getting a drain auger to clear.
I just have a simple borescope that I use Michael. We don’t get that in depth with sewer lines and chimney’s.

If the tub takes a half hour to drain, or if you drain the upstairs tub, and water backs up out of the basement shower, we recommend a plumber check it out. But, we don’t attempt to diagnose. I have used mine to look down sink drains, or find disconnected HVAC ducts.

That being said. I see these cheap scopes on Amazon that have a camera attached to a flimsy wire. Make sure it’s flexible, but somewhat rigid so you can pus/feed where it needs to go. Of course, a light at the camera and good resolution are a must.

I just have a simple borescope that I use Michael. We don’t get that in depth with sewer lines and chimney’s.

If the tub takes a half hour to drain, or if you drain the upstairs tub, and water backs up out of the basement shower, we recommend a plumber check it out. But, we don’t attempt to diagnose. I have used mine to look down sink drains, or find disconnected HVAC ducts.

That being said. I see these cheap scopes on Amazon that have a camera attached to a flimsy wire. Make sure it’s flexible, but somewhat rigid so you can pus/feed where it needs to go. Of course, a light at the camera and good resolution are a must.
Thank you kind Sir.

I hate the little baby proof electrical outlet inserts. They cost me so much time at every inspection. What a pain in the ass! You can guarantee that’s going to be the homeowner that’s going to call the agent and complain “What’s taking so long??!! We need to come home!”

This lady even has the f’ng things on the kitchen and bathroom counters. FFS! Never mind the very sharp knives out next to them. 🤦🏻‍♂️

9E96DAB8-A4BF-4D32-8715-349222D153D7.jpeg576BACA3-DEA9-4F3F-B321-A0E993072EC4.jpeg

I hate the little baby proof electrical outlet inserts. They cost me so much time at every inspection. What a pain in the ass! You can guarantee that’s going to be the homeowner that’s going to call the agent and complain “What’s taking so long??!! We need to come home!”

This lady even has the f’ng things on the kitchen and bathroom counters. FFS! Never mind the very sharp knives out next to them. 🤦🏻‍♂️

View attachment 63705View attachment 63706
You can't fix stupid!😅

View attachment 63705View attachment 63706
John, shouldn't those outlets be, not grounded, that special plug they put in with the green light on it ( and it is near the sink ). And all those knifes, I hope they don't have young kids.

John, shouldn't those outlets be, not grounded, that special plug they put in with the green light on it ( and it is near the sink ). And all those knifes, I hope they don't have young kids.
I know right! Someone might get hurt Ed!

They are all GFCI protected. The regular looking outlets pictured are down stream of the outlets with the buttons and green lights, so they are protected by default.

I went through our house right after we bought it and put the tamper resistant plugs throughout. I wanted to have some protection against the kids being small and curious, but even those are a PIA now that they are teens.

Every once in a while I run into someone who has watched too much HGTV and has decided to become a property flip tycoon. You know! The one who thinks he’s a contractor, but can barely figure out how to tie his shoes. Yesterday I spent about and hour and a half extra on my last home thanks to this guy. So many things like outlets wired backwards, plumbing leaks, and weird electrical splices/illegal tapping. But two of the moronic things he did really stood out. One was him using a mylar dryer duct to repair a section of a plumbing vent in the attic. He used exterior window flashing tape to seal the ends. The other was him connecting the upstairs toilet to the hot water supply.
View attachment 63513View attachment 63514
That's some hot shit plumbing right there.

Back