• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Adventures In Home Inspection (Some May Be NSFW)

Not a home inspection, but found this in the office conference room this afternoon.

It's a grommet for your grommet...no idea who it belongs to or why it was brought to work, but if I find out someone will endure endless ridicule.
2023-11-01-14-23-34-129.jpg

Not a home inspection, but found this in the office conference room this afternoon.

It's a grommet for your grommet...no idea who it belongs to or why it was brought to work, but if I find out someone will endure endless ridicule.
View attachment 74581
Now see .... this is the difference between me and a nice person.

I would have secretly put it on the bulletin board, on the cleaning crew's letterhead, with the name of the most hated manager or supervisor.

"Bob, we found this under your desk but don't know what it is. Should we throw it away, or do you still need it"

Let's just build the new addition stairwell enclosure around both furnace flues so they are placed directly below the interior stairs leading to the upper level. At least you don't need to insulate for the cold weather I guess. 🤷🏻
IMG_7215.png

Let's just build the new addition stairwell enclosure around both furnace flues so they are placed directly below the interior stairs leading to the upper level. At least you don't need to insulate for the cold weather I guess. 🤷🏻
View attachment 77912
Is there a reason it needed an enclosure? Couldn’t they have just built a stairwell on stilts or something?

Is there a reason it needed an enclosure? Couldn’t they have just built a stairwell on stilts or something?
It was an interior stairs. Wasn't an apartment that would have its own separate entrance from outside. They just took the opportunity to enclose the original basement welled exterior exit. I see that often, even when no addition installed. Then the homeowner doesn't have to deal with heavy rain being concentrated down the basement exterior stairs, the surface drain getting clogged, and the water overflowing through the bottom of the door and into the basement.

It was an interior stairs. Wasn't an apartment that would have its own separate entrance from outside. They just took the opportunity to enclose the original basement welled exterior exit. I see that often, even when no addition installed. Then the homeowner doesn't have to deal with heavy rain being concentrated down the basement exterior stairs, the surface drain getting clogged, and the water overflowing through the bottom of the door and into the basement.
Gotcha. So what’s the remedy? Just rerouting the flues to another portion that leads to the outside and plugging the previous holes in the brick?

What's a basement?

Someone should unplug that fan in the corner of the room. Water isn't good with electricity...