• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Adventures In Home Inspection (Some May Be NSFW)

Homeowner/seller insisted on staying for the home inspection today. He ended up telling me way more information than he should have... One thing was him showing me a dip in the floor of the kitchen/bathroom wall area. I guess his HVAC Guy got a little carried away! Now it makes sense why the toilet leans to one side. 😂
IMG_9911.jpegIMG_9912.jpeg

Homeowner/seller insisted on staying for the home inspection today. He ended up telling me way more information than he should have... One thing was him showing me a dip in the floor of the kitchen/bathroom wall area. I guess his HVAC Guy got a little carried away! Now it makes sense why the toilet leans to one side. 😂
View attachment 78047View attachment 78048

I guess blocking it or a 4x4 or a 6x6 are too expensive? WTF!

View attachment 78047View attachment 78048
A leaning toilet helps your legs from falling asleep.. Its a feature not an issue.

If the contractor says there's not need for a Permit from the local building department.......there's definitely a need for a Permit from the local building department!

Jeffro: Shoot! I measured wrong, and now the 1/0 service drop is too short for the garage subpanel..

Billy Bob: Just splice in two 10 AWG wires. That should be enough!

Jeffro: You can't do that, can you?

Billy Bob: Hold my beer!

IMG_9942.jpegIMG_9943.jpeg

Just so you know what you're looking at, the first picture with the wires coming out of the conduit. They are 1/0 wires coming out from the main panel in the home, and have been reduced to 10 or 8 AWG wires that you see connecting to the top of the subpanel.

The larger 1/0 wires you also see coming off the top of the subpanel go over to another sub panel at the opposite side of the detached garage. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Just so you know what you're looking at, the first picture with the wires coming out of the conduit. They are 1/0 wires coming out from the main panel in the home, and have been reduced to 10 or 8 AWG wires that you see connecting to the top of the subpanel.

The larger 1/0 wires you also see coming off the top of the subpanel go over to another sub panel at the opposite side of the detached garage. 🤦🏻‍♂️
You cannot make this shit up!!!

I bet the connection is warm to the touch....if you have the balls to touch it!

I bet the connection is warm to the touch....if you have the balls to touch it!
Especially, if the welder or air compressor is being used. lol

I also happen to know the selling agent on that home. I sent him a text telling him his listing was a Mecca of redneck engineering. The above post is only one of many things I saw on that job.

Didn't you learn the saying in sports "play the close ones"