• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Adventures In Home Inspection (Some May Be NSFW)

Fn'g Ninja! I was taking a picture of the mold on the floor joist when I was startled by this rather large wolf spider hanging out on the floor insulation. I tried to get another picture with my right hand in it when she suddenly dropped down and ran towards me on the crawlspace floor. I'm not sure who was more scared of who, but I am sure that I screamed like a little girl.
image.jpg

Fn'g Ninja! I was taking a picture of the mold on the floor joist when I was startled by this rather large wolf spider hanging out on the floor insulation. I tried to get another picture with my right hand in it when she suddenly dropped down and ran towards me on the crawlspace floor. I'm not sure who was more scared of who, but I am sure that I screamed like a little girl.
View attachment 81531
Oh HELL NO!

View attachment 81531
In that situation, that is the appropriate response.

Instant adrenaline rush! The amount of dumb fuckery that people exhibit. Can't tell you how often people lose screws for an electrical dead front cover. They think it's just fine to use wood or self tapping screws (with sharp tips) as a replacement. I was taking this one out when all of a sudden it looked like I was arc welding. It melted my screwdriver tip and vaporized the screw. Good thing I was only touching the plastic screwdriver. I was on guard having learned that lesson the hard way before. 😅

IMG_0750.jpegIMG_0749.jpegIMG_0751.jpeg

Instant adrenaline rush! The amount of dumb fuckery that people exhibit. Can't tell you how often people lose screws for an electrical dead front cover. They think it's just fine to use wood or self tapping screws (with sharp tips) as a replacement. I was taking this one out when all of a sudden it looked like I was arc welding. It melted my screwdriver tip and vaporized the screw. Good thing I was only touching the plastic screwdriver. I was on guard having learned that lesson the hard way before. 😅

View attachment 81818View attachment 81819View attachment 81820
Holy crap!! I bet that makes it into the report!

Glad all you did was melt a screwdriver and soil yourself.

Bugs my OCD that the line is under the load. Even if it is OK with left/right toggles.

I think I have a couple screwdrivers around with weld marks in the middle of them. 😝

Never got poked by the electricity but it scares the crap out of ya. Thing is I know better and yet still my brain says “you can do it if you’re really careful; too much work to shut off that breaker”…. I have been starting to do things the right way lately however..well, some things.

I think I have a couple screwdrivers around with weld marks in the middle of them. 😝

Never got poked by the electricity but it scares the crap out of ya. Thing is I know better and yet still my brain says “you can do it if you’re really careful; too much work to shut off that breaker”…. I have been starting to do things the right way lately however..well, some things.
Back in the day when I didn't understand how a three-way switch worked, I thought I was OK working on garage light wiring when they were turned off. I was up on a ladder using a pair of pliers to try to pull the wiring out of the junction box when I clamped down on the exposed conductor, and I got a nice jolt of electricity. I remember thinking "open up hand and let go the pliers", but that shit wasn't happening. I had no control of my hand muscles. I literally had to collapse my legs underneath of me and fall on the floor from the ladder. I also remember my wife standing there laughing her ass off at me. She thought it was hilarious! I find the breaker and turn it off now.... 😂

Back in the day when I didn't understand how a three-way switch worked, I thought I was OK working on garage light wiring when they were turned off. I was up on a ladder using a pair of pliers to try to pull the wiring out of the junction box when I clamped down on the exposed conductor, and I got a nice jolt of electricity. I remember thinking "open up hand and let go the pliers", but that shit wasn't happening. I had no control of my hand muscles. I literally had to collapse my legs underneath of me and fall on the floor from the ladder. I also remember my wife standing there laughing her ass off at me. She thought it was hilarious! I find the breaker and turn it off now.... 😂

I wired an outlet not too long ago....hot. Turns out the wall switch didn't turn off that particular outlet like it did the one next to it. I kept feeling a slight tingle which I thought was a back feed. Grabbed my DMM and verified I was just holding a hot wire in my hand. Somehow my fingers either didn't conduct the current well or I'm getting old enough that my nerves don't tell me everything they used to.

Pussy!

Ya soooo funny lol. At work we test and develop charging systems for the new electric cars and they are often in the 1000s of volts range. No one has ever got a jolt that I know of, but we have this 10-15ft long fiberglass “Shepards hooks” that we are supposed to pull people off with.

I always thought it would be more fun to just run like a linebacker and tackle them though. 😂

I wired an outlet not too long ago....hot. Turns out the wall switch didn't turn off that particular outlet like it did the one next to it. I kept feeling a slight tingle which I thought was a back feed. Grabbed my DMM and verified I was just holding a hot wire in my hand. Somehow my fingers either didn't conduct the current well or I'm getting old enough that my nerves don't tell me everything they used to.
Too many calluses…from..something. 🤣