• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Aged Fuente?

Think somebody would trade me for a Pork Chop? :rolleyes:

I'd trade ya a whole pig for that one! :laugh: :whistling:

Would it be a free range or factory fed pig?

Well, she has short white hair, a couple brown spots, and fed mostly table scraps. :laugh: :sign:

DSC00236.jpg
That pic made me bust a laugh so hard! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good score Walt!

Nice catch! I would definetly trade you a couple Tat Pork Chops for the SSM. But I would be taking advantage of you!
laugh.gif

Definitely a Short Story Maduro... enjoy!

Newbie here.

Not that I'll ever see either of these in person and I believe you implicitly but I'm curious what the visual difference is between the SSM and the SSRV.

How would a person know? Is it just the the RV is so rare that this stick must be a SSM? The great photos you have of the two vitolas seem so similar to my untrained eye, I'm not able to tell the difference.

Thanks for the insight. I'm learning everyday around here.

I'm going to jump in here on this after some thought as to the circumstances surrounding this stick. I consider the person that gave this to me a good friend. I was actually given the choice between this cigar or a Cuban H Upmann. I asked "are you sure?" when I saw what we thought to be a WOAM, and was told "yes...I'll never smoke it". On the way out we both kind of agreed that it was too small to be a WOAM. Later...I told a buddy of mine that I was given the "WOAM" that he had seen just hours before. His comment was...they told me "you can't have that, because it was given to me by Carlito".

SSRV's were released in 100 boxes of 25 for one year only. 100 SSM's were given at CFC in 99 & 2002. Carlito didn't give this person a box...only one. There was no mention of this coming from a box, though there was a comment made that "that stick probably has about 10 years on it" as I first held it in my hand. So while I knew nothing last night, and probably less than half of nothing now...from the conversation, and what I've been able to find online, I'm with moki on this one. It's most likely a SSM. And I know for a fact, that there is no way in hell that it's fake. Now I just don't know what the heck to do with it... :laugh:

Dude thats a short story maduro, just look at the wrapper. It isn't one of that weirdo vintage stock. I probably wouldn't smoke it in any hurry just because it is pretty close to a woam in profile but infinitely more difficult to obtain. It is almost a novelty cigar in that sense but very cool. Or you could send it to Greg for that puppy dog and we can see if he can figure out a way to punch it :eek:

Dude thats a short story maduro, just look at the wrapper. It isn't one of that weirdo vintage stock. I probably wouldn't smoke it in any hurry just because it is pretty close to a woam in profile but infinitely more difficult to obtain. It is almost a novelty cigar in that sense but very cool. Or you could send it to Greg for that puppy dog and we can see if he can figure out a way to punch it :eek:

Ahhh don't think I wouldn't smoke it! :laugh:

Smoke the thing mang! Take pictures and do a review, that way you'll still have it...kinda. ;)

I say smoke it as well. As grateful1 said...cigars are made for smoking. With 10 years on that stick, you are talking vintage. Wait any longer and it could be past it's prime, if it isn't already. Spark that baby...take some pics and write a review. This way you can share the experience with the other BOTLs on CP.

smoke it and do a review dude cigars are for smoking if you had a box of them, then I'll tell you somke a few save a few... :laugh: :cool:

Think somebody would trade me for a Pork Chop? :rolleyes:

I'd trade ya a whole pig for that one! :laugh: :whistling:

Would it be a free range or factory fed pig?

Well, she has short white hair, a couple brown spots, and fed mostly table scraps. :laugh: :sign:

DSC00236.jpg

You know, at the rate I keep ruining keyboards with coffee or soda because of all you gents here, I feel you owe me a new one for that Greg. :laugh:

Just an FYI...

I just offered back the cigar to the person that gave it to me, since we weren't exactly sure what it was. They remembered where it came from later on that night...

I was told to keep it!!!
offwall.gif
sheepshag.gif

My father in law has the SSM and the Best Seller Maduro. He has them in a old Hemi Masterpiece box and I can't get him to smoke them either...Just smoke the damn thing!

IMG_0351.jpg