• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

*** ALERT *** Padron 80th Boxes Leaking Sap

Ginseng

Banned
In pulling out my empty Padron 80th box for Brian, I looked inside and was horrified to see significant amounts of sap oozing from the interior wood. All the wooden pieces facing the interior showed evidence of sap ooze. In the worst cases, enough sap oozed out to form sticky blobs.

If you have a box of Padron 80th, it might be a good time to check your stock now. The immediate danger is in tearing of the wrapper on the expensive stick when trying to remove it from the box. I also would not want to be around when the burn line lights up a blob of flammable cedar sap.

Pad80Sap01.jpg

Pad80Sap02.jpg

Pad80Sap03.jpg

Wilkey

I had no idea that this could happen. Thanks for sharing Wilkey.
Can this happen with all boxes or just the nicer ones?

That's disappointing. I just ogled my stash yesterday and they seem fine. I'm taking them out of the boxes tomorrow, though.

Thanks, Wilkey.

Thanks again Wilkey. I really do appreciate all the help and knowledge.
Have a great day friend.

I just ran downstairs to check my cabinet humidor, with ten Padron 80th boxes in it, only to realize that I only dreamed about having a cabinet and any Padron 80ths.

:sign:

I ran into my man room to check my humidor and saw Sean drooling over my boxes of Padron 80th's. Not sure which is worse for my sticks the resin or that.

I ran into my man room to check my humidor and saw Sean drooling over my boxes of Padron 80th's. Not sure which is worse for my sticks the resin or that.

Josh, sir, I must say that you are a scholar and a gentleman for not telling them what else I was doing.

Well as long as you didn't get it on the cigars and clean up after yourself its all good.
;)

Josh, sir, I must say that you are a scholar and a gentleman for not telling them what else I was doing.
whoa_there.jpg

...just checked my boxes of 80ths....no sap drippage that I can find.

Thanks for the heads up, Wilkey...... :cool:

The 80ths boxes seem to be made from the same woods of the 64s and 26s.. Has anyone heard of the same issues with other Padron boxes?

So where are we going with this?

Does Padron know? Should they know?

I removed the divider but am very curious on the next step of action. Should I find another box to keep them in?

So where are we going with this?

Does Padron know? Should they know?

I removed the divider but am very curious on the next step of action. Should I find another box to keep them in?
Good question. I think it might be worth dropping an email to Padron.

I moved my 80ths to a different box but that was a while ago and for a different reason.

Wilkey