• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Am I the only one who can't cut a damn cigar straight?

I have been using my Colibri inverted V cut on pretty much everything I smoked lately. As long as the blades are cleaned every so often I get very sharp cuts. I could never get the straight cuts using guillotine. I also like the punch but mostly on Cubans. I get too much tar build up on NCs

@Jared Nomack One thing that has not been mentioned, at least I didn't see it. When I am stuck with a decent cigar and not a decent cutter, no clean, sharp, pocket knife. I make love to the cigar for a few minutes and gently bit around the head. The cap will come off pretty easily!

Now you've learned how to circumcise a cigar, give it head, and numerous other things that should make you smile the next time you light up!:cool:

I only use a v-cutter now, over the years I found that straight cutters I either cut too much or too little. I tried punches for a while and they are not bad but the v-cut just seems to always work for me, I even use it on torpedos.
I have a tabletop Boston Cutter that I use at home and a few different pocket ones that I carry

Dave

I've seen recommendations to lay the cutter flat on the table, put the cigar into it, and snip the end. Works fine, but I don't do it.
Definitely this.
I just learned about this trick recently and it works great. Cuts straight and just the right amount