• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any watch guys? WOYWT

I want an orange-faced Doxa.

Either you know why, or you don't...

I wear an Omega Planet Ocean chronograph that was a gift. I would never spend that much on a watch. The last watch that I bought was a Citizen that I still wear from time to time.

Very cool looking Rolex Explorer II....clean looking, sleek, and doesn't look like it weighs a ton. How does it feel on your wrist when you wear it?

I've had a Submariner for years and can't remember the last time I wore it...too heavy & bulky on my wrist. I replaced that one with a Tag Aquaracer with a blue dial. It's lighter than the Rolex and isn't as thick....which serves me well as a basic every day watch for time & date.

I've been on a black watch kick lately. I bought a Movado Bold in all black and a Citizen Eco Drive Stiletto. They're a bitch to read in a dark restaurant, but I knew that when I bought into the whole black watch thing. The Bold is thick but light and the Stiletto is thin and very light.

Good luck with your new watch :thumbs:

Thanks! I'm really enjoying it. It's the first real premium watch Ive ever owned...been wearing the same Tag for the last 9 years. I've always had a thing for watches. I'm not sure I'd consider them obsolete or jewelery as some have stated here.

There's so much history, technology, art, and craftsmanship that goes into watchmaking. Whether you're into the vintage stuff, divers, pilots, etc. there's something for everyone in every price range.

This thread seems to have gone over like a led balloon. I got the idea from a car forum I belong to. The threads are popular to the point where some are calling for a separate watch forum.

The idea was to see pics of what everyone was wearing...whether it's a G-shock or Patek Philippe.

I'm also a member of a few car forums, most notably Audizine. What about you?

Jason

My everyday is a Rolex Datejust. I have a two-tone Tag 6000 that I rarely wear these days.

What are you driving now? my ride is a 2012 B8 S-line A4 P+ and sport package.

Monty, nice watch. I'm a watch person myself and enjoy the craftsmanship put into these. I currently have a two tone 2010 Rolex Submariner, Linx Tag, an every day Tag, Movado and a Raymond Weil. I'm trying to hint to the wife that I want a Breitling for my birthday. :rolleyes:

gallery_14060_1596_17591.jpg

edit for spelling.

G-Shock Tough Solar. I wear it on duty, in the water, and most of the time. It's a reflection of my body. :laugh:

2012-04-30_16-43-26_565.jpg

I am semi-frugal when it comes to watches. My main watch is the clock on my Cell Phone! :laugh:
I do have a Citizen Eco-Drive. It needs a new 5 yr battery. I haven't missed it, so it sits on the dresser.

If I had to get a real watch again, I would probably get some sort of self winder, or bottom of the line Rolex. So very tired of the battery thing.

Nothing fancy
IMG_0217.jpg

Swiss Army Ambassador handwound
IMG_0219.jpg

Seiko Orange Monster

What are you driving now? my ride is a 2012 B8 S-line A4 P+ and sport package.
Jealous, I drive an 06' A6 now.

My brother has been shopping around for a decent quality automatic watch for a while now. For under 300 he found Orient who supposedly makes decent movement and a quality watch for the price. See here.

51uOiFVwb0L.jpg

I'm also a member of a few car forums, most notably Audizine. What about you?

Jason

Bimmerforums

I'm on Bimmerforums also. My car is my avitar (E36 M3 Sedan).

As for watches, I have a few. My nicest is a Movado Serio that my best friend gave me as a wedding gift (when he got his Rolex). I also have a blue faced Oakley Titanium, Brown Seiko Kinetic, a few SUG watches, and a few others.

I don't think they are really an accessory, however I have noticed that a lot less people wear watches today. I still like having them when I go out, don't like pulling my phone out when I want to see the time.

I own a humble Casio G-shock Atomic watch. I like being within one second of dead nuts time. Updates nighty from WRR, backlit and solar powered, day, date and 24 time zones..... Cause my memory sucks.

I own a humble Casio G-shock Atomic watch. I like being within one second of dead nuts time. Updates nighty from WRR, backlit and solar powered, day, date and 24 time zones..... Cause my memory sucks.

I think we have the same watch. I've got a picture of it, somewhere. I'll try and find it later.

If you want an absolutely beautiful handmade watch for under a grand check out Stowa. Unfortunately you order it and have to wait 3 months to get it.

http://www.stowa.de/lshop,showrub,133591771014682,en,1335917716-14720,chronograph,,,,.htm

I have a nice Luminox Blackout watch but I list for a nice Tag one day.