• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anybody smoke alone?

bunyfreak

As I was lighting my Italia after dinner tonite, I had the thought, "I wonder if I am the only person who likes smoking alone?" I mean, I smoke with the wife sometimes, but she smokes cigarettes...not exactly the same thing. Only a couple of my "guy friends" can handle a real cigar, (black and milds are not "real" cigars...too much paper in them for me to think so) and they only smoke like, one a month or so, if that. Me, on the other hand, smoke at least one a day, most of the time 3 or so (4 today). At the same time, I don't mind smoking alone (w/ or w/o the wife), acctually, I enjoy it, almost more sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I like sharing smokes with other people, but I guess it gives me time to relax, unwind or whatever you would like to call it. Nothing better than a scotch on rocks and a nice smoke to end the lunch/afternoon/dinner/day... a little SRV or Clapton or something in the background... doesn't get much better than that to me.

So, am I alone?

I smoke alone more often than not. But prefer smoking with someone who enjoys both cigars and quiet. Wjile I enjoy a good conversation, there are times just to sit back and savor the moment.
-E

I smoke alone most of the time, either in my truck or at home.
I like smoking cigars with others, but that tends to be the exception.

Occasionaly I'll have someone else with me, but more often than not I'm alone- except for the dogs. My favorite smoke time is walking in the woods with the pups... peaceful, quiet and veeeery relaxing.

Except for the moose! :laugh:

Smoking a cigar by yourself is a very different experience then having a cigar with a buddy.
It is very relaxing and introspective… :thumbs:

Most of the time I smoke alone after 11pm when the wife goes to bed, gives me a chance to relax and reflect.

I'd guess 80% (or more) of the cigars I smoke are by myself. I work from home a lot and I'm the only one here so it's nice to have a mid-day cigar.

I usually end up smoking alone, one to two times a week, also with a beverage and some good blues on the stereo. I also enjoy smoking with friends and family when we get together, BBQ's, Holidays, wine parties, whenever. I also a enjoy a good conversation when smoking, not a debate or argument, but a good conversation where we'll end up discussing topics different than when the ladies are around. Some of my best memories are sharing a smoke and a conversation with my Dad after our annual Fathers Day BBQ.

:cool:

I prefer to smoke with other people and share some stories. I don't know many people that smoke cigars so it's not often this happens. I had a great time on Christmas Eve smoking with a few cousins, made it feel like a special occasion.

I'm very fortunate to have a shop close to my house, so I have to ability to go down and meet with fellow BOTL's everyday. Although I must say that it is very relaxing when you are alone by yourself.

I smoke alone maby 20% of the time. The rest of the time i got a buddy that lives a block away thats big into cigars so i can just call him any time.

Not often but I do from time to time. I find it a nice change of pace when I do.

Smoke alone more often than not - not many of my friends around here "partake of the leaf." But that's OK.

In fact, I am doing it right now - sitting on the back deck, checking the forums, puffing away on a Ramon Allones Gigantes, and sipping on rum and coke. Thinking about the fact that I am just about to finish up a pretty good year. :thumbs:

I smoke alone almost exclusively these days. It just seems to work out that way except for walks with my family or sponsored herfs at the local B&M. It really is a different experience from smoking in the presence of others. But then I tend to be a private person so maybe that's jsut a natural outcome of my personality.

Ginseng said:
I smoke alone almost exclusively these days. It just seems to work out that way except for walks with my family or sponsored herfs at the local B&M. It really is a different experience from smoking in the presence of others. But then I tend to be a private person so maybe that's jsut a natural outcome of my personality.
[snapback]268830[/snapback]​

Is that why your tagline says "The Angry Yellow Brutha" LOL.

Smoking alone is a great way to relax. But, I like to occasionally smoke with others. When my nephew was living with us, we'd smoke a few cigars together and it was nice.

My best memory of a smoking alone was in the shaded patio of the hotel we stayed at in Playa Del Carmen. It was called Mosquito Blue. My wife was in the hotel spa and I was laying on this over-sized sofa with the latest John Sandford novel, a Johnnie Walker Black on the rocks and a Monte #4. It was only about 11 a.m., but I was in heaven!

Most of the time I smoke alone. I go the the local Brick and Mortar a couple times a week to smoke with the guys.

Most of the time I smoke alone, but like you also with my wife.