• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are Cuban Cigars Any Good???

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
I am admittedly a poo-pooer of Cuban cigars, commie sticks as I sometimes call them. I take that stance for several reasons, mostly the opposite reasons why i love NC's. However, some folks in this forum, and I wont name names as we don't talk about sources (right?), took it upon themselves to make me eat, or smoke, my words. So after celebrating the 4th of July (in style!), with a The American from J.C. Newman of Tampa Florida (Murica!), I felt it was time to go on a trip of sorts down the Cuban road. So I gathered them all up, and put them in a makeshift dry box and will start reviewing these guys. I would appreciate help along the way because I'm not used to all this fuss in cigar preparation, but from what I have tried to gather, i need to dry box a weeks worth of cigars to start right? If that's right, then I'm moving in the right direction. Next step, find the plugged cigar and try to smoke it while relishing the flavors of its sick period? Just kidding, i hope. Don't expect this to be without shit talking, remember, I have the honor of the Hulkster waving the Red White and Blue in front of the world to defend so don't assume this is without preconceived notions. Be that as it may, I'm going to do my best to be objective and forgiving. I know a lot of us are very fond of Cubans, so I will make sure to be respectful. Now lets have fun! Watch the cigar review section for updates. HulkHogan016_9421.jpgIMG-2783.jpg
Links

So this review series has come to an end. This was a very interesting experience. I would like to thank, for no particular reason, @bfreebern , @CBoukal and @Thoughts .
So to answer the question "Are Cuban Cigars Any Good?", I think that they are a different animal then non Cubans which I find interesting because they are all cigars made of tobacco, but Cubans seem to be a much narrower and unique cigar experience then Dominican, Nicaraguan or Honduran cigar experiences. Are the good? Yes, but I would not feel comfortable comparing Cubans to non Cubans in an Apples to Apples sense. I will leave it there. Thank you for following.

Last edited:
Juan, I like you just don't get the cuban, but I'm willing to listen and learn. From the photos I see you have some wonderful sticks, so do your best work. You will have ample brothers waiting for those pearls of wisdom. Lets see what discoveries await you.

I’m ready... (smoke them from the top down... let the bcg be the last one)

Excellent, Jon! I think you’ll enjoy them. Looking forward to the reviews. I just want to go on the record that I see a “LF isom sampler” post with your name on it by the end of the year. 😎

Ok I just realized you are doing the reviews separately in the review sub forum... I think it would have been cool to do all the reviews together in this thread but that might be against forum rules, regardless look forward to reading all your reviews on these...

Ok I just realized you are doing the reviews separately in the review sub forum... I think it would have been cool to do all the reviews together in this thread but that might be against forum rules, regardless look forward to reading all your reviews on these...
Well I’m two in already but the reason I went that route was for it to be easier to see or find the reviews because if I did it here, I as afraid the reviews would get lost in the thread, pretty quickly. That being said, I’ll post in here to let you know when the reviews are up. I’m also putting a number in front of the cigar name to help it stand out from the masses.
but Tex, you asked a good question.
group question, should I also include the reviews in here too or continue to just alert people to them being posted in the review section? please share your opinions.

Well I’m two in already but the reason I went that route was for it to be easier to see or find the reviews because if I did it here, I as afraid the reviews would get lost in the thread, pretty quickly. That being said, I’ll post in here to let you know when the reviews are up. I’m also putting a number in front of the cigar name to help it stand out from the masses.
but Tex, you asked a good question.
group question, should I also include the reviews in here too or continue to just alert people to them being posted in the review section? please share your opinions.
I agree that the reviews may get lost in the thread. A bump to let us know you’ve posted a new review seems fitting. But that’s just my personal opinion.

Plus that way other people who aren’t following this thread may still enjoy your reviews