• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

are these cohibas vintage and or real?

Not trying to be demanding, not trying to be a dick, wasn't waiting to "accept you or talk to you" until you filled out an intro or your profile.....

Let me put this in a different context for you. If it were your first day at the dealership and you just arrived and saw the Owner, GM, Parts Manager, and Sales Manager talking together, would you walk right up to them and say 1) " Hey, come outside, I have a Benz and it's making a strange noise and I need you to tell me what it is" when they don't have a clue who you are? 2) Or would you go up to them, introduce yourself, let them get comfortable with you and get to know you a little, and then ask for their help?

You went straight for #1 here when the best approach is #2

If you stick around, you'll understand why we prefer to help members, opposed to fly-by-night visitors (and I'm not saying that's you). Also, please do your best to use proper grammar, spell out words, etc. Really, we're not trying to be dicks, just trying to maintain a classy community. CP is not facebook...

This community has 13 years of valuable knowledge - you'll get your questions answered (and then some) if you really do choose to become a member. When we search for info, we want to be able to read it in proper english.

Good luck, and again, welcome to CP.

Ok. Sorry for slang. Im usually posting quickly from my phone and over the years its habbit and much faster to do so. So Im sorry ill try my best to talk like a human. Lol. So where do I go from here as far as trying to get my first topic acually addressed. I have many other things id like to get into. Humidors and different smokes. But one at a time

gallery_15510_1687_3547193.jpg

Looking at this picture, is that mold on the middle cigar towards the head just below the band? It looks green. If plume, it'll wipe off with ease, and will be white crystals.

These cigars seem to have been dried out and then re-humidified. The tobacco, to me at least, looks cheap. I wouldn't be surprised if you sliced one open and found twigs - they seem more veiny than I would expect. Without actually seeing them in person and judging solely by the picture, these cigars are in bad shape (whether they're fake or real). I would put my money on them being fakes.

The Cohibas are fake.

Cohibas are never that badly misshapen or veiny. The biggest giveaway are the bands. They aren't even good reproductions.

gallery_15510_1687_2791716.jpg

I'm going to say these are fakes too. Do this: line all of the cigars up side by side, with the heads equally lined up. Do the cigars vary in length? They seem to from the picture. These too seem too veiny. The construction overall seems rather poor. The color of the wrappers vary more than I would expect. They seem to possibly have water/humidity damage. Either way, they're in very poor condition. I'm going to say these are fakes as well.

I'm viewing your images on an HD 32" LED. I'd say from what I see, they're fake and in really bad condition. I hope you didn't pay for these; if you did, get your money back. If you're new to cigars, spend your money on cigars that are fresh and have a less chance of being fake, such as Dom's and Nic's. There are so many good and high quality brands out there, don't waste your money on Cubans, until you at least know what you're buying, and can be certain your source is legit. Personally, I wouldn't even smoke these. You can, however, do a review of them and see what you think. Who knows, maybe you'll like them. I'd even slice one up and see how the inside looks. Hope you didn't spend much on them.

Thanks guys this is what I was looking for. I was given the whole box. What do you think of the humidor? Yes they were dry trying to revamp them now. Also it is white bloom comes right off. Ill post better pics if this helps.

To be honest with you, with those being bad fakes at best and you having to try and rehydrate them, they're probably going to be pretty crappy when you smoke them. Do like Rod said and slice one of them open to see what the inside looks like. That alone will give you some info on how a fake is rolled with lesser quality tobacco.

Grab a few cigars from your shop that look good to you and fill that humi back up!

Take pictures and post them here. It's good info for everyone, to see how crappy fakes are.

Yea I will what's the best way to do it? Slice outter wrapper with razor blade then slowly try to peel apart. To either show crap or nicely wrapped leaves?

Im a big fan of a mild or mild medium cigar. Im also a fan or flavored and pipe smelling blends. Now I know most people are not into flavored or machine made. But do you guys have any suggestions of a nice (friendly) smelling cigar. Guys at work hate my cigars unless they happen to be a quick pipe tabacoo filled machine made cigar.

I like very berry hand made cigars from cttabacoonist but I only get a few a yr at the bige fair. So when in the mood for a flavored mild smoke I have been turning to Tatiana vanilla

You can take a razor blade to it. You don't really have to be careful when pulling the insides apart because once you get through the wrapper and binder, it's just bunched tobacco. That's where you can tell if a cigar is a cheap fake or not (aside from other outward telltale signs).

Start out with a Padron 2000 a a good cheaper cigar to find what you like in a non flavored cigar. For a cigar with a little flavor without having to go down the Acid road is the Drew Estates Java line.

Ya. Not a fan of acids. Ill grab some differents today. Keep everyone posted. Also anyone have any comments on my humidor? Nice? Shit? Lol im new to the hobby so to speak. Always enjoyed a smoke but just gor into acually keeping them around

Nothing at all wrong with that humidor. As long as it has a good seal and the humidity stays constant, it's a good one to have until you start buying more and more cigars which will happen quickly!

I'd say yes. Those are the worst Monte's I've ever seen.

Just so you all know my profile pic is a plaque and fire helmet I made and painted for sandy hook and presented to them along with 10,500 $ we raised doimg a boot drive. Just incase anyone was like........

Very likely. However, I have also seen similar wrapper appearance on totally legit samples exposed to a high degree of moisture. I have even smoked some that retained some quality, despite looking like death.