• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

are these cohibas vintage and or real?

Hey come to vegas next weekend and smoke this opus football with my when the niners close it down, palm tree Cohibas on me

If I wasn't off to the Congo I would be tempted...

I have to concur with my friend that Cohiba cigars generally do have a lighter shade wrapper, so I can
understand why one would be skeptical of the color. However, I have purchased and seen many boxes from the early 90's that have
dark wrappers and they have turned out to be some of the best cigars I have smoked. Unfortunately the early bands are dreadful.

Is it common for the bands on the MC's to be all over the place like that? One of them looks like it's about a third of the way down the stick. Maybe just slippage of the band when the cigar dried out?

They smoke fine. That's why when I first heard fakes I was like damn. But now I'm more intrigued to find a answer. Are they worth anything? Not looking to sell but justwondering how much money I'm lighting.

While they may be smoking fine, that doesn't authenticate them. Unless you have experience with what cigars from this area and vintage should taste like, I'm not sure you'll be able to tell with 100% certainty. I'd send a couple to someone like Insight or someone else who is willing and experienced enough to know the taste of cigars like these. Short of that, I would just smoke them and enjoy them. If they're good, who cares whether they're legit or not? Just don't sell or trade them here until you are 100% sure of their provenance.

I joined to become a member, figuring a good start was to authenticate these. By doing so gaining trust from members and developing a friendship. Being questioned so blatantly kinda puts me off a little...... But yes to be part of a community

As you will find out there are some but very active princesses here that get their panties all in a bunch when you do not follow their rules. And then you will decide after they bitch and moan that you really dont care and antagonize those same whiners until they ban. At which point you will only come back to entertain yourself at their expense. Puff is a lot friendlier with less of an elitist mentality and you will find they dont chase away new people as fast.

I joined to become a member, figuring a good start was to authenticate these. By doing so gaining trust from members and developing a friendship. Being questioned so blatantly kinda puts me off a little...... But yes to be part of a community

As you will find out there are some but very active princesses here that get their panties all in a bunch when you do not follow their rules. And then you will decide after they bitch and moan that you really dont care and antagonize those same whiners until they ban. At which point you will only come back to entertain yourself at their expense. Puff is a lot friendlier with less of an elitist mentality and you will find they dont chase away new people as fast.

Than why come here?

Instead of pain meds and booze, perhaps you should take a healthy dose of maturity. Some good people here vouched for you, how about you show the side they vouched for instead of this prepubescent punk you're showing now.

They smoke fine. That's why when I first heard fakes I was like damn. But now I'm more intrigued to find a answer. Are they worth anything? Not looking to sell but justwondering how much money I'm lighting.

You may never know 100%...unless you now the exact provenance.

If htey are smoking well and are enjoyable....enjoy them!

:thumbs:

...and a Hello Devin...good to see you - enjoy your trip!

thanks everyone! if anyone is interested in swapping a couple out for something else im willing to send some around to see what you all think in person?

thanks everyone! if anyone is interested in swapping a couple out for something else im willing to send some around to see what you all think in person?

You can't propose any trades and with the cigars authenticity being off and them not being kept properly you should just keep them to yourself! Also once again USE your shift key.

Paul

Take the stick out man... it's infected.

Ok relax no biggy. Im learning the ropes on this forum. If everyonr just relaxed and stopped nit picking little things such as shift keys everyone could just bullshit and talk to one another. Ill start crossing my ts and dotting my i, s

Ok relax no biggy. Im learning the ropes on this forum. If everyonr just relaxed and stopped nit picking little things such as shift keys everyone could just bullshit and talk to one another. Ill start crossing my ts and dotting my i, s

We try to keep our grammar and spelling relatively proper. It keeps things easier to read and understand.
We're not trying to nit pick, we simply have a certain standard and set of rules. If people aren't up to them, then it's up to them to figure it out.
Trust me, there's plenty of BS-ing.

Ok everyone, so I love my humidor but it's full of.....maybe crap lol. So should I bother saving these and trying to revive them? Or do you think I should get another box for them so I can restock this thing with some fresh? Also those punch sticks in my box they must be in the same shape as the rest....so I guess they maybe crap to? I guess I'm trying to figure out if it's a waste of time and space. Maybe I could pack 2 or 3 drawers with them all the way at the bottom and stock the rest with fresh.....maybe some day down the road they'll bounce back?

Send one of each to one of the experienced members here, as previously instructed/requested.

The rest I would put in a nice, sealed Tupperdor and forget about for a few years. I don't know a fraction of what some of these guys do as far as aging and reviving dead sticks, but I've seen and had my share of severely dried out cigars before and I can tell you almost unequivocally that they are not going to be even a shell of what they once were, even if you DO manage to get them back to a smokeable physical status. If they smoke fine for you now, then great. Light 'em up. My question, though, is if you do not have much experience with cigars, especially Cuban cigars, how do you know what is really fine, or not?

I don't personally think they are worth throwing away just to throw them away. I'd stash them somewhere properly humidified and forget about them for a long, long time. If you ARE willing to just dispose of them, then why are you so hesitant to send one to an expert authority on them who can answer all your questions for you?

Im not hesitating to send some out. Im new. And talking things over. Like one said before using a car dealer as a example. I wouldnt walk into a car dealer and the first guy that says that mustang ur driving is crap let me take it home ill check it over... you dont just hand him the keys you talk it over. This is how I learn. Getting many peoples input to questions and ideas. But thanks for the advice. I will be sending some out if this is ok with that person? And knowing they will be coming

If you are enjoying them, who cares if they are real? Smoke them and enjoy them, just don't trade or sell them. If you don't like the taste, throw them out or give them to a friend. You may never know for sure. I have a friend who gets fakes, knows they're fake, pays about $7-8/each, and thinks they are well worth the price. Smoke what you like.
Ian

I understand the idea, if they are good who cares. Im just curious thats all. Its like buying something off the streets in the city....is it real? or is it fake? is it stolen? who knows I like it....but Id like it more if it were validated as real. WHY? I dont know thats just how it goes, its just nice to know thats all. So one day i dont offer one to someone and they go....what is this fake crap. LOL Thats all. I think im gonna grab a cheap humidor and set these aside like you guys said and restock my box with some fresh stuff, and go from there. I really do appreciate all the help and criticism good and bad. Im going to package up a few this week maybe and send them over to our *forum cuban expert* just for haha's.

Jeff

You asked a few times if you should discard them and called them crap. That's why I said smoke em if you like em, that's all.

I understand the idea, if they are good who cares. Im just curious thats all. Its like buying something off the streets in the city....is it real? or is it fake? is it stolen? who knows I like it....but Id like it more if it were validated as real. WHY? I dont know thats just how it goes, its just nice to know thats all. So one day i dont offer one to someone and they go....what is this fake crap. LOL Thats all. I think im gonna grab a cheap humidor and set these aside like you guys said and restock my box with some fresh stuff, and go from there. I really do appreciate all the help and criticism good and bad. Im going to package up a few this week maybe and send them over to our *forum cuban expert* just for haha's.

Jeff

Ok..these are real!

Enjoy!