• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

are these cohibas vintage and or real?

Ill try to find the wrapper website I saw all fakes and reals with detail andyn matched a real one perfect. So im a little thrown off by being told they are fake. But I trust you guys. I hate to destroy one to find out but I gotta do what I gotta do lol. They were given to me by a very rich person. So I guess I also juwt asume real. But rich people can be scammed to. More detail to come.

Like I said, line them all up and see if the lengths vary on the Monte's. The caps look off to me as well.

i thought there was different lengths of the montes... ? idk i trust you guys, dont feel like im OVER questioning or doubting... lol just talking it over haha. Gimme a hr or so to get these kids to bed and ill cut her open!

ok everyone there are a few pics of a monte getting cut up! haha jumping in shower, check back shortly!

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10213]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10214]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10215]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10216]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10217]

ah ha! now that im on a real computer and not cell i see how to do the pics! haha sorry so dumb!

You have a severe case of crinkle. This is seen with many vintage cigars. It's the wrapper being expanded when over humidified and shrinking as they dry. Done over and over again this will produce wrinkles, swelling, cracking and the wrappers can split.

Cohiba Esplendido's from '89-'94 do have veins and the bands and wrapper color appear to be correct.

Does the longer Montecristo length measure out at 6 1/2?

Do the other Montecristo's measure at 5 5/8 ?

I have seen authentic vintage cigars that were in much worse condition than these...

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10221]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10220]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10219]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10218]

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.aspx?brand=Cohiba#Coronas

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/images/Cohiba_band_417363478full.jpg

Is that the band on my cohiba? Looks legit no?

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/images/Montecristo_band_592722264full.jpg

And that looks to be my montes...

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.aspx?brand=Montecristo

Myn are just over 5 and just over 5.5 and that site lists a 5.1 and 5.6 that would be those correct?

So browsing around, I noticed people leaving there address in the profile and I see threads that seem members kinda randomly send a stick to other member with little messages to enjoy... Is this a common practice? I added my address not to receive free stuff but to be apart of the community. If this is true I'd also like to send around my favorites once I've narrowed them down. Do you tell these members ur sending something there way or is it like Xmas at any given time? Haha

You have a severe case of crinkle. This is seen with many vintage cigars. It's the wrapper being expanded when over humidified and shrinking as they dry. Done over and over again this will produce wrinkles, swelling, cracking and the wrappers can split.

Cohiba Esplendido's from '89-'94 do have veins and the bands and wrapper color appear to be correct.

I have seen authentic vintage cigars that were in much worse condition than these...

Hey what do you know Anyway? Are you new around Here?

Hey what do you know Anyway? Are you new around Here?

New lately... :cool:

The cigars appear to be in the conceivable length range of a vintage Cohiba Robusto, Montecristo No.3 and Montecristo No. 6.

Vintage cigars can shrink quite a bit over time....

What is the ring gauge on the three?

I am not 100% convinced that they are not.

If they are indeed authentic slowly bring them back will only make them shells of what they used to be.

More of a conversation piece than anything else...

Ok so I won't discard them just yet. But I will add to the collection. So one says fake one says maybe not. What's the sure fire way to know if any?

In all honesty it is very difficult to say they are real (for anyone) without seeing in person. Authenticity in cigars is one of those things where there are red flags that can make definitively identifying fakes via a pic possible but unfortunately that doesn't mean the cigar is legit. In seriousness if anyone here can provide... Insight....It will be Devin. To my eyes I agree with his synopsis as I mentioned earlier regarding the humidification impact on the wrappers. I do think the wrappers look darker than I would expect from that marca, and even during the era the CoRo came with that band (sort of) but that could also be the result of humidity- I had a box of early 90s slr that absorbed some condensation from the cooling fan in a humi and a few of the cigars came out looking just like those pics. How do they Smoke?

Send a sample of each to insight...

Hey come to vegas next weekend and smoke this opus football with my when the niners close it down, palm tree Cohibas on me

They smoke fine. That's why when I first heard fakes I was like damn. But now I'm more intrigued to find a answer. Are they worth anything? Not looking to sell but justwondering how much money I'm lighting.

In that condition worth nothing other than to you. I have if legit and pristine different story

Back