• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ARs, AKs, etc.

Thanks for the feedback guys I think I will hold out.  I don't plan on shooting this thing a ton (every other month or so would be busy for me...LOL) I was looking to spend about $1000 on the rig and am looking for a decent setup so I will hang tight and wait for parts and ammo to free up.

well, finally got the last tiny little part that was holding up the .308 build. YAY! Not totally done, as I still need to get the Atlas Bipod, and I've decided to get a Vortex PST FFP 6x24x50 scope. Got a $99 piece of crap on there now, just to see how long it takes to kill it!

901240_466315770105905_699794741_o.jpg

20" Rainier Arms UltraMatch barrel, BattleComp BABC compensator, Timney trigger, Apex freefloating rail, Rainier Arms Raptor charging handle, and a MAgpul PRS stock with Slash's AR10 buffer setup. Once i get the bipod and scope on, I'll call it done - as long as it shoots right. Got to hit the range in the next few weeks to test her out -after my headspace guages arrive in .308 and I verify the bolt/barrel combo. All this is on a standard Bushmaster LR308 upper/lower. Once the nuttiness ends, I may move it all over to a MEGA matched set, in billet ;-)

Jim, that looks crazy similar to the H&K PSG-1. AWESOME!

Nice Jim! 

I'm still waiting on the craziness to die down so I can pick up a few things.  It's crazy out there!  Did manage to get my hands on a Gen4 Glock 34.  Looking to do a couple GSSF matches this year, then on to either IDPA or USPSA.

so i called larue and asked if i could order an upper from them; the guy was like sure. Then I said by the way I am from NY are you still selling to us here and he was like hold up one sec.  30 seconds later he gets back on the phone and was like I'm sorry, we are not fulfilling orders to NY at this time and do not know when we will be able to.  Guess that upper is out of the question.

That sucks.  Time to move!

Or you can buy the gun and have it sent to me.  I'll hold it for you and you can come shoot it anytime you want.

khari said:
Nice Jim! 

I'm still waiting on the craziness to die down so I can pick up a few things.  It's crazy out there!  Did manage to get my hands on a Gen4 Glock 34.  Looking to do a couple GSSF matches this year, then on to either IDPA or USPSA.
Having shot both, I would recommend IDPA. IMHO, it's the more practical of the two. I shoot what I carry and tend to treat it as functional training over the game some shooters make it. Things like drawing from a holster, shooting on the move and around barriers, and reactive targets will make going to a standard range unbearably dull. Don't get me wrong, they are both games, but USPSA has always seemed more gamish.

The real fun stuff starts to happen shooting steel and 3-Gun...have fun with the Texas Star :)

Thanks for the tips, Brandon.  I'm looking forward to it. 

It's the IWI (Israeli Weapons Industry) SAR (semi auto rifle) not the TAR-21 - TAR-21 could not be imported into the US due to various reasons, mainly as one simple change and it would be full auto. BATFE did NOT like that, so demanded a number of changes. After a number of years,  IWI finally decided to do those changes and bring them to the US market, about 6 months before Sandy Hook. I was part of a group buy that formed in late November, so needless to say we were sweating out all the laws and bans being looked at. IWI ramped up production to get them out a little sooner than we were initially told (yay!)

My model is the 16" FDE flatop version - you can get it in FDE or black as either a 16" or 18", and the IDF model (as issued to Israeli military ) that has the integrated MEPRO 21 sight, but I wanted to have some other options altho the MEPRO 21 is pretty highly rated. It's 5.56 NATO, very well balanced, easy to strip and clean, and feels very ergonomic in the hands. Most of the weight is in the rear so it's easy to one hand gangster hold it! Integrated QD sling points, storage areas, and they already have announced a 9mm and 5.45 conversion kit as well as are seriously looking at a .300 blackout barrel as well (rumored to be available in late summer)

Handling it, it is pretty well balanced as I said - definitely back heavy, but that feels better, and way different, that nose heavy like most other rifles. Ergonomically, it feels every bit as good, if not slightly better, than my AR's and better than my AK. The worst thing about it, like any other bullpup, is the trigger. It's about a 10# pull, but it's better than a couple of others I've handed (AUG, P90). The entire trigger assembly comes out as one unit, so there is hope that down the road someone will make an aftermarket trigger that will help. It is very short... barely over the minimum 26", like 26.4" in length.  Even with my AK stock folded, it's shorter. My main reason for getting it was in case I end up retiring to a non-SBR state, this will fit the bill. That way I would not have to sell anything. Plus it's pretty badass IMO!

There are a number of reviews already, and they are all pretty glowing. One showed it submerged in water, buried in sand, dirt and mud and firing after each. It's certainly robust.

Sadly, I won't have the opportunity to go shoot it for at least a week... shrimp opener is Monday!

Thanks for the lesson Swissy. I didn't know IWI made one. Learn something new every day.

Here's a better pic... new Savvy Sniper sling with QD abilty, black home stippled PMAG and the integrated BUIS deployed. they absolute cowitness with the red dot, but I think I'm going to add a riser to the red dot as I like lower 1/3 cowitness better.  I'm super bummed I won't get to take her to the range for at LEAST 10 days...   damn shrimp opener!

893717_474952642575551_1290958285_o.jpg

Tell us how you like it Breedy. I got a buddy who has one and a KAHR. He's selling his KAHR. I like my KAHR, but have not shot the M&P. Logic tells me that I should stay away. ;)

The Tavor is a blast to shoot... much better than expected. Going to take a little getting used to tho, with the grips and closeness of everything to your head. Nothing bad, just not used to it.

I love my .40 Shield... great little gun.