• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ARs, AKs, etc.

Silencerco has videos of the Osprey on a number of .30 cal. rifles. The caveat is that the Osprey is designed for subsonic gas pressures. Does the 7.62/.308 platform offer subsonic options?

I would have to reload them. .308 subsonic loads are not ideal, but I have read of a few guys getting decent results. I don't care about being completely silent, just enough to dampen recoil and maybe be able to shoot without hearing protection.

If I had a .300 BLK I'd be tempted to use my .45 Osprey. Else, I would (and probably will) by a "real" .308 / 7.62 can and shoot anything I wanted. YMMV, JMHO, etc....

I've got an AAC .30 cal can waiting on a stamp, was just intrigued by the osprey on the 300 black out. Never thought about that route before.

The Osprey is rated for subsonic, supersonic and a guy/gal should get a different (appropriate) can (like B.B.S. suggests).

To rephrase, I have supersonic .300 black rounds, but will NOT use the Osprey with them. It voids the warranty or some such thing. ;)

I'm afraid that any supersonic rifle round would really tear up the Osprey. I'm concerned that even subsonic rounds will shorten the lifespan of the Osprey. Call me crazy, call me overly cautious. I'll use my Osprey (when I get it, dang the BATFE) for .45, .40, and 9mm pistol rounds....but I'll buy a dedicated .30 cal can for my rifles.

Waiting on stamps for a Sparrow and an Osprey, would like to get a .223 and a .30 cal rifle can in the queue after the first of the year.

Again, just one guy's opinion....B.B.S.

:)

Okay crazy over cautious. ;)

Silencerco has a great return/warranty program. +they say and post videos of the osprey used on subsonic rifles; which was part of my rational for purchasing the osprey.

On the other hand, with a .22, a 5.56, and the .45 osprey in hand, I guess a dedicated .30 rifle is my next in line purchase. I would honestly enjoy suppressing the AK and the FAL, without worrying about internal pressures.

edit: I am PUI (posting under the influence). Please disregard all typos, spelling, and logical errors.

I'm pretty sure that rifle cans in .223 and .30 are going to be the next NFA items in the queue for my safe......gives me eight months to put the .30 cal together....... :cool:

As a matter of fact, there are two new items in the safe as I type this...... :cool:

Where do you SW WA kids go shooting? Mostly pistols and an AR-15 here.

Been to the English Pit and wasn't too impressed.

As a matter of fact, there are two new items in the safe as I type this...... :cool:

Congratulations! Let's go shooting.

Where do you SW WA kids go shooting? Mostly pistols and an AR-15 here.

Been to the English Pit and wasn't too impressed.

I'm close to English Pit, but it's not worth the charge. Tom belongs to a good range (I'm on the waiting list). I used to drive out to the public range in Stevenson, but it closed. There are some spots around Bear Valley that I use. And, there is a four-times-a-year shooting event between Chehalis and the coast that I usually attend.

So i picked up a A2 Stag lower and need to find an upper for it. any suggestions? i was looking at the bravo company uppers. i was thinking of going SPR route 18 inch barrel with maybe a 12 or longer free float. since its mostly for paper punching should i go so specialized or just go with a $500 16inch upper. I was hopeing not to go over the 1K threshold

Bravo Company stuff is solid as can be. Consider that for $1195.00 (I know, above your limit) you can own one of the best uppers there is, IMHO:

http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-stealth-sniper-system-lt011

Up to you if you spend $500.00 or $1500.00....depends on what you plan to do with it. My guess is the $500.00 upper will work fine....

Just got my short barreled POF 5.56 trigger fixed after two years of just sitting there. I'm back in business.

so i have kind of narrowed it down to these two (and i say kind of because BCM has so many to choose from)

palmetto - http://palmettostate...ing-handle.html

bravo - http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-Daniel-Defense-p/bcm-urg-mid-16%20risii%20de.htm

considernig the bravo is double the price of the palmetto and they both still need BCG and Charging handle is it worth it.

i would love to own the larue and if its worth it to get the bravo over the palmetto than its better to get the Larue full package than the bravo because i still have to get a bcg and handle (i read on the other gun forums that bcg are hard to find now a days).

the rifle is going to be in the safe most of the time because i cannot keep in in my NYC apt. so i will get to use it maybe once a month to go to the range and let off some steam on paper. But in a shtf cases i would like to have something that could defend my life and me not worry that it will break down or be off target. i would love to be able to do 10 shots in succession and remain within a 4 inch circle at 100yrds using irons

i know that part of that is the shooter and part of that is the weapon

what do you guys think

@Bxcigarfan

It all comes down to prefence. PSA is more of a start up company, read up on them. There is good and bad out there, just like any company. Bravo has been popular on the different gun boards for quite a while and has a reputation for quailty, they are priced accordingly. The same goes for LaRue.

The rest of your post falls into meh???/need more information!!!

You're going to shoot maybe once a month? Round count? Even in bad weather? What does your budget look like for ammo?

Pretty much any firearm, including Hi-Points, work if maintained. I wouldn't hestiate for a second using a low level AR, or gasp a Sportical Model , if the S hit the fan!!!

100 yrds, 10 rounds, 4 inch group is a tad unrealisltic in a SHTF scenario. For bench rest shooting sure, even with russkie ammo. Honestly, it doesn't matter what rifle you are using at 100yrds it all depends on your skills. I would highly recommend taking a Project Appleseed coures if you have never learned the fundamentals of rifle shooting.

@Bxcigarfan

It all comes down to prefence. PSA is more of a start up company, read up on them. There is good and bad out there, just like any company. Bravo has been popular on the different gun boards for quite a while and has a reputation for quailty, they are priced accordingly. The same goes for LaRue.

The rest of your post falls into meh???/need more information!!!

You're going to shoot maybe once a month? Round count? Even in bad weather? What does your budget look like for ammo?

Pretty much any firearm, including Hi-Points, work if maintained. I wouldn't hestiate for a second using a low level AR, or gasp a Sportical Model , if the S hit the fan!!!

100 yrds, 10 rounds, 4 inch group is a tad unrealisltic in a SHTF scenario. For bench rest shooting sure, even with russkie ammo. Honestly, it doesn't matter what rifle you are using at 100yrds it all depends on your skills. I would highly recommend taking a Project Appleseed coures if you have never learned the fundamentals of rifle shooting.

yeah i have read some of the stuff on them and that is kind of why i chose those two as the front runners. there is so much talk out there now about the 300blk and using 223 wylde that no one really talks about the regular 556/223 they just keep buying them up becasue they are what they are work horses.

as for the ammo i ususally just buy the 500-1000 round cases of federal 55gr xm surplus stuff and at a range session only go through 50-100 rounds for the hr we are there. its an indoor spot so we can go all year but i only get to go through that much ammo becasue they restrict you to 5 rounds in the mag no fast firing. i would love to find an outdoor range that isnt private with more than 100yrd range.

i do want to take one of the appleseed classes or NRA class. i got taught all my fundamentals from my best friend who is a former marine and now nypd. that's who i go to the range with.

i also have no problem picking up better ammo for home defense and better accuracy

Aim Surplus Alpha 13

More than the PSA, less than Bravo and includes bolt carrier and charging handle

I can't imagine shooting rifles at and indoor range on any sort of regular basis, but I've been spoiled by a couple of nice local ranges and private land. Since this isn't your first AR pick out what ever variant you want, but just remember you still have to feed it. I can pick up .223/5.56 at ~$0.30 most times and even a little less a couple of times a year, .300 Blackout goes for twice that much.

Diffentially take an Appleseed if its in your area, great instructors and a little bit of history. You can take it with a .22 or anything up to .30 caliber, I shot it with my AR and Tula ammo, missed rifleman by a couple of points :( .

With current events, I'm gettign a little worried. Thinking about panic selling my 6.8SPC. Someone walk me back from the cliff.