• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Astros vs. Cardinals NLCS 2005 Thread

house%20of%20cards%20falling.jpg

House of Cards is looking a little shaky :laugh:

Okay, now I am worried. The house is shakin. I will get those sticks ready Grand. Three in a row in the LCS is tough but not impossible. I gotta give credit to the stros, they are going to make this tough. They have always been the Cards' nemesis,IMO.

I always liked Cardinals. I've got at least 20 of them in my yard feeding every day recently, epecially in the evening. :p
cardi1.jpg

Wow, I'm happy but I'd be lieing if I said I expected this. Anything can happen.... it ain't over till its over.

I sure would like to know what Edmond said that got him thrown out. Anyone lipread it?

Allofus123 said:
Wow, I'm happy but I'd be lieing if I said I expected this. Anything can happen.... it ain't over till its over.

I sure would like to know what Edmond said that got him thrown out. Anyone lipread it?
[snapback]238556[/snapback]​

Probably the same thing Larussa said. :laugh:

Most likely followed by you or your mamma or some such noun or pronoun. :laugh:

Man ohhhhhhhhh man! That 9th inning was something! The Good Guys are flat out going after it this year. Tdog, I will have one of your, um my cigars during game 1 of the World Series. :cool:

Allofus123 said:

Last year we lost the first two in St. Louis. Last year, Pettitte was on the DL all year. With Pettitte back and Roger having the lowest ERA of his career and Oswalt winning 20 games AGAIN, I felt very strongly we would split in St. Louis ;)

This year when we split, it gave us the advantage. It then turned into a five game series with three in Houston. :thumbs: The Astros are awesome in Minute Maid Park :thumbs: Game 5 should be great. Carpenter is tough, if the Astros can score a run or two early off of him great but that's every difficult to do. Watch for a 2-1 game tomorrow, I couldn't say who'll wind up with the 2.

yes yes i do and i am trying not to do anything to upset the baseball gods :D

my sticks are shaking in their humi space :0

i really hope the cards pull this out, never had a mag 50 :whistling:

I'm on the other side of the coin, having drawn the Stros in the pool. I'm pretty sure that they'll finish up the Cardinals. Can't see the Cards beating Pettite, Oswalt, and the Rocket in three straight games. Matter of fact, I don't think that ChiSox can beat the Astros when you consider that the 3 aces will start six of seven games.

Allofus123 said:

umpire.jpg
umpire2.jpg

coventrycat86 said:
Watch for a 2-1 game tomorrow, I couldn't say who'll wind up with the 2.
[snapback]238578[/snapback]​

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm........

2-1 Cardinals after five......

Friggin' Albert Pujols hit a 3 run shot off of what I think is the worst pitch Lidge threw all season in the top of the 9th to give the Cards a 5-4 win.

But that's alright, the Good Guys won't lose 3 in a row. :cool:

CC was right, we were watching a 2-1 game until the 7th.

Well the fat lady was ready, the music started, the crowd cheered, but then she slipped and fell and the fat lady didn't sing...yet. Oh my, what an ending.

Great game.... I told my wife when Pujols came to the plate "oh oh, you know what happens when you put one of baseballs best bat swingers against an upper 90mph pitcher?" Pujols swung at the first pitch in the dirt and I told her as long as Lidge can keep it away from the plate he'll be ok but if he puts it anywhere around the plate we may very well be looking at a 5-4 game. Right about that time CRACK.......

I've seen some monster HR hit at Minutemaid Park but that ball was crushed. Good game Cards.

Now granted, Berkman seemed to have Carpenter's number and finally got him in the 7th BUT Carpenter pitched and awesome game and he must be feeling a whole lot better about not costing the Cardinals the season.

Pujols is awesome :0 This brought back memories of Game Five in 1980 against the Phillies, I sat there in the 8th inning with Ryan on the mound and a three run lead saying "We're going to the World Series!!!"

I didn't say it this time with two outs and two strikes to Eckstein or with two outs and two strikes to Edmonds 'cause I knew Pujols would be coming up if these guys got on and they did. I think Lidge and the Astros thought they could get Pujols. I would have rather they pitched around him and hell, load the bases with two outs and pitch to Sanders. Sanders strikes out a lot and Pujols is just too dangerous.

Cardinals are a great team. I still love my Astros more though. :love: :thumbs:

Two more in St. Louis is not going to be easy......