• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Astros vs. Cardinals NLCS 2005 Thread

Looks bad for the Cards now. Too Bad.

golfgar said:
Looks bad for the Cards now. Great.
[snapback]239724[/snapback]​

Fixed your post :)

Not really an Astros fan so much as an anti St. Louis guy.

coventrycat86 said:
I'd rather NOT see Lidge pitch the 9th :rolleyes:
[snapback]239735[/snapback]​

I've got faith in Brad. Even he hangs a slider every now and again. Can't hold it over him forever.

grand cru no 2 said:
coventrycat86 said:
I'd rather NOT see Lidge pitch the 9th :rolleyes:
[snapback]239735[/snapback]​

I've got faith in Brad. Even he hangs a slider every now and again. Can't hold it over him forever.
[snapback]239742[/snapback]​

True. OH LOOK, Dan Wheeler :thumbs:
My favorite guy in the pen, 1st pitch almost ALWAYS a strike!!

:( Well Ray, pick your poison. Any suggestions you want included in the 10 or do you want me to just put something together for ya.

edit: PM me Ray.

coventrycat86 said:
OH LOOK, Dan Wheeler :thumbs:
My favorite guy in the pen, 1st pitch almost ALWAYS a strike!!
[snapback]239744[/snapback]​

He faced four batters, 1st pitch as Strike 1: 4 out of 4 :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Way to go Dan. And

HOW 'BOUT THEM ASTROS !!!!

Oh man, is this great!!!!

Bah. What a sad game to watch.

I'll get my cigars ready to send out.

This is great stuff!!!! I couldn't be happier right now. As a kid started out as a Rangers fan. Then my family moved to Houston my first year of college and been going to games in Houston ever since. One summer I spent in Houston my Pop would take me to a game every other week.

Last year was so hard for me to see them come so close and not get there. It is a real joy to see them go to the Classic. I do wish Bags was on the field to play. But this is truely AWESOME!!!

Gig em STROS!!!!

05HoustonAstrosComp.jpg

Isn't something how your team looses in the playoffs and you immediately begin cheering for the ones who beat them. I am NL all the way, so now I am Go Astros because the alternative is the White Sox- I don't think so.

Go Stros until next year!!!!

grand cru no 2 said:
tdog, got your package today brother! Very nice selection.

Thanks brother! :thumbs:
[snapback]240799[/snapback]​

Glad you likey. Didn't mind losing to a great BOTL.

:0 :0 :0 :0

WOW

I've told you many times I've been an Astros fan since 1974 and I remember watching game five against the Phillies in 1980 when we had a lead over Philadelphia in the 8th inning in game five of the NLCS (five game series back then) with Nolan Ryan on the mound, saying to myself "We're going to the World Series!!!" only to watch the Astros lose in extra innings :(

I found myself WANTING to say it again in game five this year when we had two out and two strikes on Eckstein, then with two strikes on Edmonds BUT I remember that horrible night in 1980 like it was yesterday. Of course Pujols hit the home run :rolleyes: Thankfully we won Game 6 and are now in the World Series for the first time in club history!! :thumbs:

Yeah well okay, the first two games of the series didn't go so well BUT we've got Oswalt going in Game 3 tomorrow :thumbs:

I had to post in THIS THREAD because today I find a freakin' STACK of boxes at my back door :0 :0 :0 I got the crap bombed out of me by three Texas guys:

Lopaka
Grand Cru No. 2
Peekay

You guys made my DAY!!! Peekay even included some "Astros" regalia that a guy like me who lives in Connecticut could NEVER get at this point!!!

Thanks so much to all three of you!! It's a pleasure and an honor to be bombed by some good ole boys from the Republic of Texas!!! As I mentioned, I've been an Astros fan for a long time but have only actually been to Texas once in my life in 1993 and that was to Dallas, not Houston. One of these days........

Thanks again you three for the NICE cigars and the "extras" :thumbs:

Cool!

Should be a great series after what I've seen thus far! :laugh: