• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beetles?

After reading the response by FSS, I will be getting my AF Sungrowns elsewhere!

What a tool!

The reason why statelandman came here and complained about the crushed cigars, was that your company let him know that this was a "one time only deal". Why would he continue to complain? You implied and outright told him that this was as far as you were willing to go.

Furthermore, I NEVER GOT AN EMAIL FROM YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPT. Please do not act as if you tried to "fix" this problem. . . you did not. Not with the original poster, and not with me either! I read every single email that I get, and there was NEVER one from you company. Believe me, had there been, I would have posted it, and replied to it. Whoever told you they sent me a reply was not being honest with you.

And. . . you may have been in business since 1939, but last time I checked. . this is 2003. This is the age where customer service are vital, particularly if you have a web presence.

Mister "almost" Famous, if you . . .as the retailer would admit you messed this up in terms of Customer Service, you could have kept this from becoming so big. BUT NO. . . you didn't do this, and you still haven't done it. Instead, you have acted like we were childish and blowing this out of proportion.

Sir, you were wrong in how you dealt with this, and you are still wrong.

Don't bother sending me any emails, or posting here. . . just fix the problem OR GO AWAY! ! ! And, don't complain about spending "your own time" to address this. I spent my own time on this too, and I have no vested interest in this situation at all. (Other than the fact that a friend of mine was treated poorly by someone who took his money and delivered an inferior product.)

Go ahead and side with "Debi" ( who is obviously someone connected with your company. . . or perhaps even you ) Go ahead and call us children. Go ahead and defend your actions. The sucking sound you will soon be hearing is your customer base finding someone else to do business with. There are simply too many places to go and do business where you don't have to worry about Customer Service.

Haven't you ever heard that you can't win an argument with the Customer?

By the way. . . Change your slogan.

Yours,
Steve DeLoach

Well said Steve! I nominate you for lobbiest to defend our cigar smoking rights as well as consumer advocate :D

IMO, Statelandman would have said this if things had been different!

Hey guys! Just thought you should know... I received some cigars today in a sampler pack and unfortunately, two of them were infested with beetles. I called customer service and they sent me a replacement and a 10% OFF coupon for my next order. I can't believe how helpful they were. The replacement cigars came as promised and sooner than I had expected them. They even called me to see if everything arrived okay! Can you believe that? Take it from me brothers, DO NOT HESITATE to do business with Famous Cigars. They are great! There prices are wonderful and if you have a problem, they will fix it... Guaranteed! Now, go buy something from them and tell 'um I sent you!

Unfortunately, I will probably have to bow out of this situation. . .

After all, my Dad always told me, "Son, never get involved in a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

:D :D :D

For me, in all honesty, if a company screws up, but goes out of their way to rectify the situation, I will go out of my way to keep giving them my business.

....and the most important statistic I leanred during my business schooling:

"It costs ten times more to attract a new customer than it does to keep you current customers happy."

a related statistic:

"If a person receives superb service they tell one person. If they recevie less than adequate service, they tell eight to ten people."

From the looks of it, FSS just lost about 683 members of CP: 685 - 1 FSS - 1 Debi (FSS) = 683

Cheers (to the true Brothers)
Dixie

You are missing one very important part of that equasion, Dixie.
Many members here are also members on more than one other board...and so on and so on... :D :p :0 :thumbs:

From the looks of it, FSS just lost about 683 members of CP: 685 - 1 FSS - 1 Debi (FSS) = 683

Oh yea....plus the 10 people we each tell - 6830 lost customers.

...and how could I forget that GoogleBot has been recording our site lately. Soon, when people search for FSS, they will also be able to access your poor business etheic from Google.

Man does it suck to be FSS right now :D

Dixie

What a tool is so right. I am so glad to have one less seller to have to check on when looking for something. I wouldn't buy from them if they had $1 Opus X's. Probably be full of beatles even if they did.

What a bunch of idiots.

Besides the point my fine friends here at CP have made, I think there is one missing.

Sixth, FSS has been in business since 1939, which is longer than some of you "gentlemen" (I use this term loosely) have even been on this Earth. FSS has maintained high standards and reputation from the beginning. Your assumptions are frankly insulting.

Lets take a look see shall we!

FSS MAY HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS THAT LONG! But with you running it I doubt It will last much longer :thumbs:

FSS has maintained high standards and reputation from the beginning. Lets focus on the word "has"! Apparently it stopped when you took over!

And one more thing, You being the "great business man" you claim to be, would it not make sense to send cigars in boxes no matter how many were purchased? I know that I have ordered as little as 2 cigars from Holts and they had the frigin' brains to put them in a box with some packing peanuts!

So besides the fact that you are obviously a dip ****, have lost many costumers including myself And could not take the time to make your customers happy.... Do you feel good about screwing customers? This thread obviously got your panties in a wad, maybe you should read it from the beginning and see how it was handled from the beginning and realize you just ****ed up!

daaaamn! and i thought i let him have it with
both barrels!
you tellim' joe!

lucasbuck said:
I would contact the dealer about getting credit. All online dealers that I have bought from have been outstanding when it comes to customer service. I swear it's as if all of the best people in the world work in the cigar industry :D :p
innocence lost :(

I have posted a link to this thread in other forums as well and maybe we can shrink their client base even more...Sorry this had to happen SLMan...Bad Business... :angry:

Guido...

Somebody on ASC just made a post about the the deal on Famous. I repsonded with a link to this discussion, hopefully no one buys it.

nic said:
Somebody on ASC just made a post about the the deal on Famous.  I repsonded with a link to this discussion, hopefully no one buys it.
I certainly won't. :sneaky:

Just in case anyone cares, this is what I told Famous after reading through this thread:

<Removed>

I was wrong. I received a very polite response from Famous, explaining that the post was made by an employee without company approval, and that is did not reflect the opinion of Famous-Smoke management.

Mickey

Just threw out my Famous Catalog. I really never did like buying from large companies. My local guy will usually order what I want if he can get it. He makes a little on it but I trust him.

Hey guys, call off the dogs!
Seriously, I appreciate your concerns. But this is really an old thread, and you missed the follow-up to it. This complaint got taken care of by Famous some time ago. We kissed and made up already.
Famous is okay in my book. (Not the greatest, like Smokeall.com, for instance, but okay!)