• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beetles?

Debi,

He bought the pack only because of the good deal he thought he was getting on those exact cigars in the pack. All he asked for was that very deal. He didn't want money, he wanted the product offered at the price offered in a usuable condition as advertised. They (or is it you....?) are complete jerks if they can't make good on the two crappy sticks they sold. He doesn't care about the others, he froze and therefore prevented the problem in the others, he didn't even want the others. He simply wants what he thought he was paying for.

I can gurentee I will never purchase from a piece of crap vendor like Famous. There are too many good ones to even give the time of day to crap ones.

And no! He or anybody should not get over their principles.

someone obviously has a problem with PRINCIPLE vs.
ACTUALITY WTF?!!....do you work for famous smoke shop?
talk about "how to get blackballed with your first post"
i will not waste further pixels on someone obviously this clueless.
if you don't get it on your own, i could never make you understand.

todd

out

Dear Debi4c,

You wrote: "You paid 19.00 for 9 cigars and want 20.00 for 2 cigars?"
Where did you ever get that idea?? :(

I printed the email that I sent to Famous in this thread. If you take the time to read it closely, it plainly said that all I was asking for was an exchange. That's ALL I ever asked for, and it's ALL I ever wanted. No money back. No desire to keep the bad cigars and get two additional ones. Just two replacement cigars. What's so hard to understand about that? And how is that wrong?

Maybe you should be the one to GET OVER IT!

I wonder where debi4c is from...could it be...someplace...Famous???

Actually, I should not start something like that, it's just that this individual only posted once after joining and...

debi4c, if I'm wrong, I appoligize in advance...just seems a little strange.

i agree. jumps in, posts once, and it's a flame
on the same thread that Famous was lookin'
at the other day. :sneaky: very suspicious.

Why are you guy's bothering with this JERK OFF! If this person was to stupid to read the whole post and see the point he/she will be to stupid to read the rest of this!

I don't remember who said this but "Ignorance can be changed! Stupidity, well your stuck with that!" :)

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO :love:
Joe

JOE.M. Posted on Sep 3 2003, 12:46 AM
Why are you guy's bothering with this JERK OFF! If this person was to stupid to read the whole post and see the point he/she will be to stupid to read the rest of this!

I don't remember who said this but "Ignorance can be changed! Stupidity, well your stuck with that!"

'Nough Said! :D

Guys...

My signature reads as follows:

Egotism is the anesthetic that deadens the pain of stupidity.

Have you ever taken the time to think about its meaning? This is a perfect example.

Cheers

Obviously Debi works for "Famous Cigars". . . There is no way an intelligent consumer would take the point of view that "one post Debi" took.

Further, it is obvious that Famous Cigars has too much business, and is not concerned with bad Customer Relations, or service after the sale.

So. . . I have duly noted the above and will act (and purchase) accordingly. Short of Infamous Cigars doing something really over the top to make ammends for this, they can consider any business I might bring their way to be AWOL. (Although this past month was not typical, I probably spent over $300.00 on cigars and related products from Vendors. . .mostly internet vendors too. I have crossed the infamous ones off my list for good. . .and will never look back either.

What a shame for them. . . but not for me.

HAPPY SMOKES GUYS! ! !

GB

**SHIVER**

Gawd, just the name of this thread alone gives me the heebee-jeebee's :0

it is rather disconcerting, isn't it.(especially since i've
witnessed expensive cigar flutes first hand)

todd

I've only had (1) bite the dust *knock on wood* Twas a Diamond Crown Maduro Torp. Thank Gawd I left it Induividually baggied.

diamond crown huh....think i would've just caulked the holes
and smoked it anyways :p
i guess you remember the beetle that ravaged tony's
pass about a year ago. me and my bro exterminated
that sucker though!

OK... I have some things to say about this whole scenario. And I am not "some underling who needs management approval". This annoys me so much, I am writing this post on my own personal time.

I have read this entire thread...

First, and foremost, why did Mr Porter not contact us DIRECTLY when he got his cigars that were smashed? Instead of dealing with it like a GROWNUP and contacting customer service, he came whining to you all, who have NO CONTROL over the outcome! Dumb way to handle a problem, I think! All the rest of you have NO BUSINESS BUTTING IN. Even though where you choose to make a purchase is certainly your own decision.

Second, what Debi said is correct, if there were beetles in the cigars they would not have infested only the TWO MOST EXPENSIVE CIGARS in the bunch. They would have infested all of them! Why didn't Mr Porter ask for a whole new replacement?

Third, the other cigars in that sampler were far from "worthless" as he implies. They are all premium cigars. La Gloria, Sancho Panza - far from your bargain bundles! Normally, that sampler retails for around $60. He got an excellent deal.

Fourth, he was warned in advance that single cigars tend to get damaged in shipping - which is exactly why they are not normally sent!

Fifth, Mr DeLoach, did you ever mention that YOU got a response to the e-mail you sent to our customer service department? No.

Sixth, FSS has been in business since 1939, which is longer than some of you "gentlemen" (I use this term loosely) have even been on this Earth. FSS has maintained high standards and reputation from the beginning. Your assumptions are frankly insulting.

Finally, you are all griping over a $20 purchase. Why don't you use your collective bitching power toward something useful and productive - like writing your Congressmen. With all the pending legislation, in a few more years it will be impossible to even GET a premium cigar for $20, much less 9 of them! That is, if you can even smoke them in the city your in, with restaurant and public bans!

Jeez! For crying out loud, make your battles the important ones!

And to think, for want of a fifty-cent cardboard shipping box, this whole thing could have been avoided.

Holy Hanna! It lives, it speaks! We were wondering if someone from famous would ever speak up.

And to think, for want of a fifty-cent cardboard shipping box, this whole thing could have been avoided.
Aint it the truth! Plus I notice it was conveniently left out of their post that you were initially refused replacement which is when you posted your complaint here :(

it's amazing how some sniveling little worthless, piece of crap
cowards grow a GREAT BIG set when on-line where they
don't have to look you in the eye.

precisely
and the main point, as usually is by blatantly stupid people,
was missed. had the replacements just been shipped in
an appropriate container, none of this would have really been an issue.

and lastly, mr. jackass, it damn sure is all of our"business" when one of our
brothers gets screwed like you people did(and yes, you did). it is
not "BUTTING IN", it is watching out and standing by our CP brothers.
but i guess that is more than likely a foreign concept to a SNAKE like you!

<flame off>
ahhhh!! i feel better!

statelandman said:
Venting time.  This is long - my apologies in advance.
I called the famous online retailer that I bought these little pieces of cr#* from, and I talked to customer service. They were willing to credit me a total of $4.43 for the 2 bummer cigars. I pointed out that they were selling these very same cigars, as singles, on their website for $10.80 EACH. I said I made my purchase decision based on the value that these two Cohibas added to the overall package. I asked them to ship me two cigars of comparable price and quantity instead of some cheap credit. They said no way.
So here's what I'm left with. Seven much less desirable and less expensive cigars that I end up paying $15.52 for. Some deal, eh?
So if you're an online retailer, here's how to get rid of your bug-infested stock. Throw it into a specially priced sampler pack. If the customer doesn't notice, you're not out anything. If the customer catches it and complains, issue him a minor little credit, and you've still gotten rid of your worthless sticks.
And the self-promotion on the site says "We don't consider it a sale unless the customer is completely satisfied."  Yeah, right... :angry:
Now then, it appears to me this way....

This first quote was post #10 in this thread (see, I can count :D )

Furthermore, there is still NO MENTION of the name of the retailer ??? Dousn't sound like a Crybaby to me MR Retailer, sounds like a dissatisfied Customer with a very well heard Voice. Maybe you should rethink your possition (OK, where is the spell check ??? )

Anyway, this burns my A$$ :angry: