• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beetles?

Oh, and one last thing. I told them that I had spent over $300 in the last 6 weeks with online cigar retailers (which is true). I hope it's enough to motivate them and convince them I'm not just some wacko.

That might be some insentive, but if it doesn't work out I love writing complaints :sneaky:

You could probably get all of CP to write them about your bad experience :D

Do you guys really smoke beetle-infested cigars after freezing them and then thawing them out again like that one guy who responded above suggested? I've seen that suggested on other sites, too.
I can't imagine smoking anything, knowing there were dead beetles in it (and believe me, I've smoked some bad things in my day).

That's your call :D

I have and didn't realize it until it was too late. But, I think that Emo was refering to cigars that you recieved with the two robustos. It's a good idea to freeze any new cigars you get, to kill beetles and make sure that you don't spread beetles to other cigars in your humidor.

Beetles are full of vitamins....It's kind of like smoking a multi-vitamin :sign: :sign:

I've never done it, but I guess I would still smoke them if they were cigars that I wanted bad enough.

Good luck with the company. Let us know what happens.

Gator

statelandman,

The suggestion on freezing was to make sure that the OTHER cigars in the shipment were not infested with LIVE beetles.

As I understand it, most cigars have the beetle eggs in the tobacco. WHen the temperature gets above 75 degrees, the eggs hatch and the beetles eat their way out. The freezing kills the eggs and keeps them from hatching.

That was the purpose of the freezing, to save the other cigars.

HAPPY SMOKES! ! !

GB

Thanks for the explanation GuyanaBoy. I didn't know about the eggs hatching.

I've isolated a few cigars in the past just in case but never actually had any beetles.

Gator

Yeah, yeah.... eggs hatchin' is bad.

Smoking cigars good.

Smoking cigars with beetles is like smoking with your least favorite IRS investigator :p

Do you guys really smoke beetle-infested cigars
If you smoke cigars, You smoke beetle's. Eggs or beetle's same sh*t! ???

I can't imagine smoking anything, knowing there were dead beetles in it (and believe me, I've smoked some bad things in my day).
And your wooried about a little beetle?? :sign:

It's not the beetles or the eggs that are bad. It's the holes that really ruin it for me.

Well, what do you know? I just got an email from Famous Smoke Shop. They are sending out the two Cohibas - no charge. No apology either, but I'll take what I can get, I guess. I just hope the two new ones are bug-free.

It's about time they made it right! I've never had a problem with them including some returns so I was very surprised they gave you such a hard time. May you never be cursed with beetles again! :p

GREAT NEWS! ! !

Glad to hear they stood behind their product.

As was mentioned before, the Cigar industry is full of GREAT FOLKS! ! !

HAPPY SMOKES! ! !

GB

statelandman said:
Do you guys really smoke beetle-infested cigars after freezing them and then thawing them out again like that one guy who responded above suggested? I've seen that suggested on other sites, too.
Let me add my comment along with JoeM, if you smoke cigars your smoking the eggs at least. All cigar tobacco has them, most spray to control them , but they are still there. You never knew before so don't let it bother your smoking now. :p

I don't freeze my cigars and I have never had a problem, Yet. If you control the temp and humidity you shouldn't have a problem. :thumbs:

I don't freeze my cigars and I have never had a problem, Yet. If you control the temp and humidity you shouldn't have a problem
Thanks for helping me sleep at night Wascal! I've never frozen my sticks either and I've been paranoid every since this thread started. I guess the key is to not let your 'gars stay over 75F for an extended period of time. One problem though. When you torch one up it must get over 75 right? :p

I don't freeze my cigars either, but from time to time, I have had my cigars rise above the 75 degree mark for a longer than normal period. When that happens, I usually pay for it in terms of beetles.

I have had alot of experience with this due to the fact that I live in the deep south, and also live in the tropics for half of the year.

When that happens, then I DO freeze the affected cigars, to ward off the problem of these blasted beetles. That is really the only time I freeze.

And yes, if you smoke ANY cigars, you are smoking the beetle eggs. YUM YUM YUM

HAPPY SMOKES! ! !

The on-going saga continues. I got my two replacement smokes today and Famous Smoke Shop sent them in a plain paper envelope. They were SQUASHED flatter than a couple of pancakes! Thanks a lot, Famous! I know that paying for a cardboard box for shipping really would have broke the old bank for you!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Maybe if I chop them up I can use them for mulch for my rose bushes!!

ya know, it seems to me even the greenest FNG
knows better than to just put gars in an envelope :sneaky:
what the hell is the matter with these @#*$?

todd

We should implement a combined effort to blast these people out of the water. Emails, posts on other forums, US Mail, phone calls, etc.

That is inexcusable!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: