• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Before and After USMC Boot Camp

BlindedByScience

Proud Father of a Kearney, NE LEO
In early January, oldest son Robert left for USMC boot camp at the MCRD in San Diego. Here's us at the airport:

before.jpg

Thirteen hard weeks and the kid did good. Made PFC, shot expert, platoon scribe, etc. Got back from his Graduation last week on Friday. He lost 35 pounds in boot and looks like this now:

after.jpg

I'm enjoying having him around for a couple of weeks before he heads off to his next school. MOS training and a duty station will follow after that.

To say his Dad is proud would be a horrific understatement. Had to share with the group..... :cool:

Cheers - B.B.S.

That is great, glad your son made it through with flying colors.

Your Son look great (for a Marine :sign: )

I gained 15 pounds when I went through Army Basic, and my little brother gained 10 or 15 when he went through Marine Boot.

What MOS is he training for? My brother and I are both MP's.

Anyway, I know you must be proud, I would be.

Tim

Congratulations on your son's success. Thank him for me.

While I'm sure my feelings are nowhere near as intense as yours are, I am proud to have such fine men and women in uniform serving our country.

:thumbs:

I don't blame you for being proud! Congratulations to you both, and give him my sincere thanks for serving!!

Thats one hell of a transformation. Congrats on your son for graduating. What his MOS going to be?

Tell your son congrats on completing basic. I'm not sure how much weight I lost, but I think it was somewhere in the 70lbs ballpark (I was a bit bigger going in lol)

What MOS is he training for?

I bet you are very proud. :thumbs:

Congrats.

Congrats Tom and give your son a big hand shake for me........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Congrats Tom! I remember that transformation, and the look in my parents eyes at graduation.

What did his MOS end up being?

Pffft, I'm not congratulating Tom, he didn't do any of the work :p

You got yourself a lean, mean, green fighting machine to be proud of.

Congrats to your son Tom! Hell, I was beaming with pride just reading and looking at the pics. Fantastic job there!

Congrats to your son and to you as a proud father. My thanks to him for his service.

He looks great.

Ken

mmmmm... I love the smell of PFC's in the morning!!!

Congrats to you and your son...

Congrats Tom!

I know you are very proud of him and his accomplishments. Thanks for sharing.

Congrats Tom, that is one fine son you have there. Tell him thanks for me if you would please. And what a transformation that is!!! I don't know if I would've recognized him were he my son.

Congrats Tom! You have a lot to be proud of! Maybe, with a little luck, I will get to shake that young man's hand next week and thank him in person for his service.....if not please tell him I said thanks!

That is awesome, you have a lot to be proud of. When is he going to make General?