• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Big Pittsburgh Herf in OhiO

For those going up on Friday...what times are you planning to get there?

I'm trying to get a feel of when to leave. I'm off and can get there whenever, so I was wondering if we got there around dinner time we could meet in town for dinner. Any thoughts?

Let me know.

~ t

Tony....and others arriving Friday. No need to go to town for dinner, we will cook something on the fire that will be way better than any meal you could get in town. Come anytime in the afternoon and we will get the fire and smoker going and eat well!

Does everyone owning a GPS have the address? Does everyone owning a GPS know how to use it? ;)

Does anyone need directions?

PM me if you need anything

Sounds good - se you sometime in the afternoon and "I" know how to use my gps...John?

John - whats your eta? Add an hour if you're using your gps!

Just so you guys know there are long stretches heading out to Jeff's where you will not have any cell reception and even if there is reception the call may not go through so you will have to text if you get lost.

And hopefully he has directed you around that god forsaken goat path of a road he had me on the first time I went out. I have never been on a road that had so many turns in my life. Top speed - 15 MPH- anything any faster and you'll hit a friggin tree or end up going off the road into a field.

Well - I Google mapped it and have my gps - so I'll get there one way or another...and I'm set for the goat path...my truck has seen worse.

Just so you guys know there are long stretches heading out to Jeff's where you will not have any cell reception and even if there is reception the call may not go through so you will have to text if you get lost.

And hopefully he has directed you around that god forsaken goat path of a road he had me on the first time I went out. I have never been on a road that had so many turns in my life. Top speed - 15 MPH- anything any faster and you'll hit a friggin tree or end up going off the road into a field.

Sounds good - se you sometime in the afternoon and "I" know how to use my gps...John?

Funneee!!!! :laugh:

You'll be happy to know that I finally upgraded the software on my GPS, so it'll only take me an extra half hour to get there.

You'll be happy to know that I finally upgraded the software on my GPS, so it'll only take me an extra half hour to get there.

Just remove the "points of interest" from the trip. You can see the worlds biggest ball of string some other day :D

That's one hell of an upgrade you made - buying a new truck!

It's not that bad! And this is coming from a guy (Jim) who had to call his wife to ask how to get home (he was in his neighborhood at the time :whistling: ). Below is a link to mapquest for you guys coming from the Burgh, it's 74 miles and simple as can be. If the link doesn't work, just enter "Pittsburgh" to "the address for the cabin" .......make sure to use mapquest! The only thing I will caution you on is step #8 in the step by step directions......this turn is just past a rise in the road and you are likely to miss the left turn on to Autumn Rd., 100 yards beyond it is the Western Grill where you can turn around. On the map, you will see that this is right where Rt. 9 and Rt. 43 merge so you can watch for those signs as well.

Watch for goats and chickens too!
MAPQUEST

It's not that bad! And this is coming from a guy (Jim) who had to call his wife to ask how to get home (he was in his neighborhood at the time :whistling: ). Below is a link to mapquest for you guys coming from the Burgh, it's 74 miles and simple as can be. If the link doesn't work, just enter "Pittsburgh" to "the address for the cabin" .......make sure to use mapquest! The only thing I will caution you on is step #8 in the step by step directions......this turn is just past a rise in the road and you are likely to miss the left turn on to Autumn Rd., 100 yards beyond it is the Western Grill where you can turn around. On the map, you will see that this is right where Rt. 9 and Rt. 43 merge so you can watch for those signs as well.

MAPQUEST

Hey, what can I say. I told you guys I couldn't handle drinking Shirley Temples.

MAPQUEST

Hey, what can I say. I told you guys I couldn't handle drinking Shirley Temples.

Maybe if you bought a new truck too... :whistling:

Remember, this is a Steeler celebration party......bring you Terrible Towels and wear Steeler gear!

John, do you have a Steeler dress :whistling:

Remember, this is a Steeler celebration party......bring you Terrible Towels and wear Steeler gear!

You are of course referring to Mr. Fields, correct?

In celebration of your Steelers, those of us who support Ohio franchises will be accepting gifts of thanks on behalf of our teams. I mean without the lowly Browns and even more lowly Bengals, would the Steelers have such an easy road to the playoffs every year? Between Cleveland and Cincinnati we supply your Steelers with four powder puff games every year. The Browns and Bengals will not hit hard enough to hurt any of your players (and we endure when yours hurt ours, uh hmm, Carson Palmer cheap shot. For those of you old enough to remember, the Ken Anderson twist his head off cheap shot). The Browns and Bengals will add up to four easy victories for your Steelers every year. All that is left is to win 5 or 6 more games and just like that you have another Steeler playoff berth.

So, yes, let's celebrate your Steelers by thanking all of the little teams that help to make them great. Celebrate your friends in the Jungle and your friends in the Dawg Pound. :laugh:

Your "prize" is being in the presence of greatness once Pittsburgh arrives - (I'll be there around 5 on Friday :))

In celebration of your Steelers, those of us who support Ohio franchises will be accepting gifts of thanks on behalf of our teams. I mean without the lowly Browns and even more lowly Bengals, would the Steelers have such an easy road to the playoffs every year? Between Cleveland and Cincinnati we supply your Steelers with four powder puff games every year. The Browns and Bengals will not hit hard enough to hurt any of your players (and we endure when yours hurt ours, uh hmm, Carson Palmer cheap shot. For those of you old enough to remember, the Ken Anderson twist his head off cheap shot). The Browns and Bengals will add up to four easy victories for your Steelers every year. All that is left is to win 5 or 6 more games and just like that you have another Steeler playoff berth.

So, yes, let's celebrate your Steelers by thanking all of the little teams that help to make them great. Celebrate your friends in the Jungle and your friends in the Dawg Pound. :laugh:

Hey Stu, while I do agree w/most of what you said. If you go waaaaaaaay back, Turkey Jones did pile-drive Bradshaw into the turf pretty good. I really can't remember if he got hurt or not. But that was a pretty cheap shot, or an extension of the play (old school rules).

And I don't have any dresses, but I can wear a name tag.

Hey Stu, while I do agree w/most of what you said. If you go waaaaaaaay back, Turkey Jones did pile-drive Bradshaw into the turf pretty good. I really can't remember if he got hurt or not. But that was a pretty cheap shot, or an extension of the play (old school rules).

And I don't have any dresses, but I can wear a name tag.

I remember that game. They took Terry into the locker room for a while. He came back and played the rest of the game. The guy was tough, or totally bone-headed. One of the two. ???

It wasn't a cheap shot but the one you guys put on Trent Green the next year sure was.....and it ended his career. Funny how nobody in the Queen city remembers that :whistling:

The only people who think it was a cheap shot are those who also think the Bengals actually were a good team that year instead of just a flash in the pan!

Oh well, I guess we can play pull the tail off the Bengals fan instead ;)

And Stu, just so you don't feel too responsible for the Steelers greatness.....every division has their version of the Ohio semi pro teams.