• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Big stink about Shuji

I agree! I hope some of you understand now what my whole "do you get it" thread was about. Some may and then some may not.

Bottom line, if you support this stuff, you are not welcome here, period! Complain somewhere else if that's a problem!

Lee

Agreed. CigarPass.com is no longer tolerating this type of behavior.

We will continue to grow, however, we will also step up our policies to maintain what CP has always been, a trusted and respected cigar community. If you don't like our changes (which are definately for the better), then leave.

Before I get labelled as something I am not, let me clarify. I took up the discussion of whether or not he was openly trashing CP and from what I read didn't appear to be "stealing" members. I am discussing a single post here by cohibasurfer and the relavent postings concerning the topic. I am not supporting or defending anyone here. Is Shuji a dirtbag? Beats me. I don't know him and have no deals with him. It certainly doesn't look good for him. I can say I wouldn't count on him for anything but I refrain from passing final judgement at this point since, quite frankly, I don't think anyone knows for sure.

TheBeast said:
Anyone supporting Shuji...needs to check themselves.

I'm with Shagaroo on this one. I was only talking about the new site and nothing else... especially his actions here. I know there are plenty of loose ends. I can't speak for anyone else's dealings with Shuji, nor will I. BUT I can comment on MY dealings with him... and from them, I have had no problems and thus the benefit of the doubt.

THAT IS ALL I AM SAYING.

One has to be very careful with what is being said and how it is being said for fear it might be miscontrued in the wrong context. Perhaps that is why many members have exercised the Shut Up clause on oneself. I might consider that too. :p

Shag... I know you can look beyond the written word. It is appearant what is going on. :lookup:

Now I do believe Shuji will eventually make good on his plays. I don't know why, I just do. But his editcate is what's in question here. And for those that support this kind of BS. I just don't understand why (as Leebo puts it) you Just don't get it!

cohibasurfer said:
Shag... I know you can look beyond the written word. It is appearant what is going on. :lookup:

Now I do believe Shuji will eventually make good on his plays. I don't know why, I just do. But his editcate is what's in question here. And for those that support this kind of BS. I just don't understand why (as Leebo puts it) you Just don't get it!
Who do think think actually supports people skipping out on their obligations?

vewyphishy said:
TheBeast said:
Anyone supporting Shuji...needs to check themselves.

I'm with Shagaroo on this one. I was only talking about the new site and nothing else... especially his actions here. I know there are plenty of loose ends. I can't speak for anyone else's dealings with Shuji, nor will I. BUT I can comment on MY dealings with him... and from them, I have had no problems and thus the benefit of the doubt.

THAT IS ALL I AM SAYING.
Phish... looks as though you don't look out for anyone but yourself. Looks like if all is well in your personal world, to heck with your brothers. Wait until something happens to you... I bet you'll cry louder than anyone. ^ CP is a fellowship, we look out for the masses, not just ourselves.

vewyphishy said:
BUT I can comment on MY dealings with him... and from them, I have had no problems and thus the benefit of the doubt.
Regardless of your dealings...there's enough evidence on this thread to say other wise. I can understand giving the benefit of the doubt early on...as to not pile on someone without all the evidence...but at some point you need to call a spade a spade. This is exactly the type of thing that happens when members are unwilling to speak out about bad transactions. LOOK at all the people he owes. WHERE ARE these guys? This site CANNOT mantain integrity with this sort of attitude. WE as a Moderating team are making changes...but there needs to be a serious change in the way people go about there business here and their attitude towards it.

As for members joining his site...do what you will...but alot of people are going to seriously question why you find it comfortable posting at a known cigar thiefs site. ??? When that same thief screwed alot of your brothers here at CP.

cohibasurfer said:
Moki ... I think you've missed the point IMO. That doesn't mean I think of you as I do Shuji and Company. I think your a great member to date. I just think you missed the point of my post.

For the rest of the CP members click on the provided link. Tell me I'm wrong with an explanation. I don't think so though.
I hear ya. I mean, I could go either way on it. On the one hand, perhaps he just has a lot going on in his life, and needs to sort things out.

On the other hand, there were a lot of odd things going on. He started a pass, and then cancelled it because the dog ate his cigars (??) Then he couldn't complete various passes because of issues with his wife.

Alright, **** happens, and I realize if you're in a low emotional place, you can sometimes neglect things. However I agree with Allofus123 that regardless of where he is at, the best thing to do would be to live up to his responsibilities. It would be the best not just for the people here whom he owes various things, but also for himself.

I also find it a little odd that he had the time to set up an entire cigar web site/web board but not to send out his passes/trades, but perhaps he had that in the works for a long time.

I'm not making excuses for him, I'm just willing to let him redeem himself and live up to his responsibilities, rather than ostracize him for a failing that happened at a bad time in his life.

Then again, I'm not one of the people who owed a pass/trade to. If I was, I think I'd be pissed.

If all of his debts aren't settled by the end of this upcoming week, all sympathy/benefit of a doubt -- at least from me -- has gone right out of the window.

No, cohibasurfer... again, you misinterpreted what I'm saying. I don't want to make assumptions for my fellow brothers. I don't know the circumstances in detail because I'm not a part of their situation. I try to avoid putting my foot in mouth whenever possible, but of course, I like many others... fail from time to time.

I support all the brothers here. When people were wondering where shuji was, I tried to reach out and make some contact. When people were concerned that they lost a big stash of sticks, I stepped in to offer them compensation. You see, I try to watch out for my brothers to best that I can... I just don't speak out for them when I don't know how they feel. The only person you can speak for with 100% confidance... is yourself, right?

cohibasurfer said:
I'm also suprised at a certain member that turned coat too!
It is my understanding that a direct reference is being made here. This doesn't mean that everyone going over there is a turncoat Vewy. I know for a fact there are CPers over there keeping an eye out. Does that mean they are a "turn coat", IMO no.

Personally, I see no need to go to that site. CP has been great and although none of the "Drama" had anything to do with me, enough crap happened that I don't want to be there when it goes around again.

If you feel the need to go to that site, that is your right and no one can say otherwise. I for one don't understand how someone who "didn't have time" could turn around and start a website. That pretty much made up my mind on this one.

This is a site for making friends, not excuses. I myself have no way of knowing how much Shuji has on his plate. And seeing that he is not a confidant of mine, I won't argue yeah or neah on that. My only beef is the disparaging remarks I read on his board that he typed himself. No one ousted him from CP. He left on his own. He was only banned after the underhanded way he presented his knew board. If all was legit, why not a great big post on ... " Come over to my new board". I'll tell you why, he doesn't like some of the things he has done, and saw the writting on the wall. He could have been ( and maybe could still be) accepted here, it was just going to be a little work. Maybe I drew a conclusion of you that isn't exact. But I get tired of hearing... " He's done nothing to me, and I don't want to judge someone on something that didn't happen to me". That's just a crock here. We all make mistakes, we all don't agree with certain trivial things, but the big picture is clear... no misunderstanding about it. COMMUNICATION!

LIKE I SAID, I'm sure he will make good! THAT IS NOT THE POINT!

ricmac25 said:
cohibasurfer said:
I'm also suprised at a certain member that turned coat too!
It is my understanding that a direct reference is being made here. This doesn't mean that everyone going over there is a turncoat Vewy. I know for a fact there are CPers over there keeping an eye out. Does that mean they are a "turn coat", IMO no.

Personally, I see no need to go to that site. CP has been great and although none of the "Drama" had anything to do with me, enough crap happened that I don't want to be there when it goes around again.

If you feel the need to go to that site, that is your right and no one can say otherwise. I for one don't understand how someone who "didn't have time" could turn around and start a website. That pretty much made up my mind on this one.
Thanks Richardo!

ricmac25 said:
I for one don't understand how someone who "didn't have time" could turn around and start a website. That pretty much made up my mind on this one.
I just started to read this thread thinkin' the same here as Ric, Thought I would be the first to point this out but WELL DONE RIC!! :thumbs: This guy is a real piece of work! :sneaky: I'm glad to CP go in the direction it is! Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh how I miss the way this place used to be. We were close, had a great trust in each other and the main thing is we were FRIENDS & BROTHERS!

Time to bring out the mop and get cleanin'! ;) :thumbs:

All very good points guys!

Bottom line, does one let their friendship cloud their judgement when a "friend" screws up and not hold them accountable? That's what some folks need to be thinking about here. Are the bombs, gifts, bonuses clouding ones ability to make that decision? Who knows, but myself and some of the older members have seen it many times.

Something to think about........

Lee ;)

I feel humiliated. Although I have not previously posted regarding any aspect of the troubles involving Shuji, I have discussed these threads on several occasions with Shadow and expressed my concern that some of the senior members of the board were being overly harsh in their analysis of the situation. Shadow was curiously silent in response, and now I know why. I was wrong. If someone has time to set up a new bulletin board, they certainly have time to go to the post office. As for the communication problem, how was Shuji able to set up his new board if he did not have access to a computer? Shuji has condemned himself by his own actions. I was wrong to have defended him, and I am sorry that he made me out to be a chump.

I have only been a member of CP for about 5 months. CP is not only the first cigar bulletin board of which I have been a member, but it is also the first bulletin board, period, in which I have participated. I have been concerned on several occasions with the actions of some of the senior members, because I thought, quite frankly, that they were being jerks. As I have become more knowledgable about the way this board and others function, however, I have increasingly come to the realization that the FOGs I thought were jerks, were simply being vigilant in defending the site. I wish to express my thanks to the FOGs and Rod who devote an enormous amount of their personal time to maintaining the integrity of this board. Keep up the good work and thanks for putting up with the grief that we FNGs occasionally give you when you are only acting in the best interests of all the members. ;)

Take care, Bacchus

I'm with you guys 100%.
I love it here at CP. even thou i'm not out anything it still
pisses me off when a BOLT gets screwed. :angry:

I don't know how it was here before but I know I'll love it.

JOE.M. said:
We were close, had a great trust in each other and the main thing is we were FRIENDS & BROTHERS!
There are still many of us that are close and trust each other and will continue to do so. Fellas, let's not let a few "Bad Apples" spoil our home here at CP

I agree with Mike, we're here for cigars and comradery, not drama!! If we wanted drama, we'd go back to the real world. :thumbs: Just my .02

Well I am in Tripple_D's Pass and told him I would be honored to call Shuji out if asked to to help back up Tripple_D. I thought it might be a situation where his wife broke all his sticks and he was imbaresed to tell us. I now believe it is much worse.
Possibly a character flaw.

I am not new to cigars but I came here first to look at the Pass thing, Tripple_D's Pass is my first pass, and after reading this entire thread, I am glad to call this place home. I hope that the FNG's will read this thread and not get scared about passes and this site but will understand that this site is a great place to associate with lots of people who care. The only requirement is that you need to be respectful of others, responsible, and follow through on your obligations.

Tripple_D's Pass is loaded with FNG's and I am sure they will use this experience to be great contributers to this site.