• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bill’s best years for Cuban cigars

@CigSid you are the most knowledgeable here on Cuban crops. Will the latest hurricane Ian affect the crops ( supposed to cross over western Cuba ) or harvest took place already?

@CigSid you are the most knowledgeable here on Cuban crops. Will the latest hurricane Ian affect the crops ( supposed to cross over western Cuba ) or harvest took place already?
The seedlings are in the warehouses right now, getting ready for planting next month at most of the larger fields. It doesn’t look too bad at this point. It really depends how rapidly it intensifies.

Last edited:
I was trying to find some information on the cigar leaf growing process in Cuba. This article poped up and seems quite educational.

I could not get the actual timeline of the cycle as far as dates are concerned, but from what Bill mentioned elsewhere I am guessing the seedlings are planted in October with the harvest taking time in December / January ? If it’s not too much trouble @CigSid could you give us the approximate time when seedlings are in fact planted and when does the harvest take time.

I was trying to find some information on the cigar leaf growing process in Cuba. This article poped up and seems quite educational.

I could not get the actual timeline of the cycle as far as dates are concerned, but from what Bill mentioned elsewhere I am guessing the seedlings are planted in October with the harvest taking time in December / January ? If it’s not too much trouble @CigSid could you give us the approximate time when seedlings are in fact planted and when does the harvest take time.
Yes, it used to be planted in September then harvested in February, now they plant in October and harvest in March. They’ve been hammered so many times in September, they decided to change it.

So i was looking through the history of my hygrometers. Looks like at some point in the summer I had a few spikes into 72-75 range. I inspected the cigars for mold and I am good thank god. But does the humidity above 70 affect the way the cigar ages or it’s flavor?

So i was looking through the history of my hygrometers. Looks like at some point in the summer I had a few spikes into 72-75 range. I inspected the cigars for mold and I am good thank god. But does the humidity above 70 affect the way the cigar ages or it’s flavor?
They get moist.

;)

2021 - I don't think REG is El Laguito or SOR is Partagas. I think they're MAR and TUA.

LGR 18 has been very good, although it's only been two different boxes.

UBL SEP 22 was good right off the truck and I think it has the potential to be very good.

2022 has been added.

The consensus has been really positive, enough to move the year into 6th place.
I can't comment much on '08 or '04, but agree with the 20-21-22 being that high. It is tough though as I have had so many 21s and almost put them higher, but its so damn close! And of the 22s I have had, I will say those 3 years are hard to judge one better than the other, just depends on the brand I think. In Partagas world, I would rank 21 the highest of the 3 years, but in JLs I would go 20-22-21.

Also, I don't have the years (decades) of experience as you guys with CCs, but I do notice on your list that there are not 3 years in a row that are ranked together...very interesting.

Thanks for updating Bill!

I agree with you. I’ve had the same situation with JL’s…

Remember, this is not an exact science. The experiences you’ve had with Partagas, or another brand, may be very different than what someone else experiences. I guess the only “science” is the amount of data this year is very high, leading to more accurate results overall.

MUR 11 were the best Bolivar's I've ever smoked!!
Very glad to hear it!

I have had some really good MUR ABR 11 and MUR JUN 11, but really bad MUR with other months… just not good enough across the board to make the list in my opinion…

Very glad to hear it!

I have had some really good MUR ABR 11 and MUR JUN 11, but really bad MUR with other months… just not good enough across the board to make the list in my opinion…
Bill, what can make cigars a few months apart, at the same facility, be so different?