• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bird Watchers

A couple of House Wren’s set up shop in a hanging plant on our patio. Up until yesterday we watered it like any of the patio plan. I realized yesterday after work that, that particular plant was making some noise. I smoke a big Fuente this afternoon and the whole time each parent was constantly delivering food. This was taken with my iPhone so the quality low. One of the Wrens is sitting just right of center in the photo.
View attachment 58191
I've got a house wren in one of our bird houses in the front yard. They are hard as hell to take a good photo - very small and very fast. But I get a huge kick out of them - they are fiercely territorial. They attack the big birds viciously, and are the loudest of the birds when they're warning the others to stay away. The first time I heard them I could not figure out where it was coming from. When I saw that tiny little bird making that big sound I was floored...

I've got a house wren in one of our bird houses in the front yard. They are hard as hell to take a good photo - very small and very fast. But I get a huge kick out of them - they are fiercely territorial. They attack the big birds viciously, and are the loudest of the birds when they're warning the others to stay away. The first time I heard them I could not figure out where it was coming from. When I saw that tiny little bird making that big sound I was floored...
Over the past 3 or 4 weeks they’ve been in the plant there has been a couple dust ups with other wrens and once with a black capped chickadee. We’ve never had a nest this easy to watch. It‘s certainly easier to see this year being 12 feet a way from my smoking chair than in the past when they’ve been on the other side of the garden in the cat head.F4886216-B61A-4EAD-A482-D2367A10F822.jpeg

There was a bald eagle hanging out at the golf course today. Was bummed I didn't have my camera.