• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bird Watchers

Yeah, we have lots of pelicans on the rivers here. Not sure if there's more than one variety?
Learn something new every day..........................The pelicans live mostly near the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans and into the central regions of North America. There are two pelican species on the continent. The American White Pelican lives in freshwater and into the interior of North America and the Brown Pelican lives along the coasts and in the seas.

Light sensor was reading wrong on the camera for some reason, so they were all underexposed and got all grainy when if fixed them, so not happy, but they're still kind of cool.View attachment 58831View attachment 58832View attachment 58833
That’s the challenge of shooting into something that is bright (like the sky). I have the same issue shooting into the shadows with a very well lit background. I have to adjust the shutter speed down a couple of steps and it takes care of it. I Love digital photography because I can see the shot is underexposed and quickly compensate.

AC2B5128-127B-4D26-9582-1F6699387E53.jpeg
I shot this the other day with my iPhone - a black vulture. Was having dinner with the wife at a place on a lake and 8-10 were circling overhead. Wish I would have had my Nikon with me!

That’s the challenge of shooting into something that is bright (like the sky). I have the same issue shooting into the shadows with a very well lit background. I have to adjust the shutter speed down a couple of steps and it takes care of it. I Love digital photography because I can see the shot is underexposed and quickly compensate.
Yeah, lesson learned for me for sure. Up to this point I've just trusted the light meter and haven't even looked at them because the picture quality in the led screen is so bad.